Italy Election Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:27:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy Election Maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Italy Election Maps  (Read 54550 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 04:51:59 PM »

Indeed it was.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

Red = Left Tongue

Though frankly, the left won in all regions because the right was more fragmented than the left. FI polled 20%, the fascists polled 11.5%, DC junior won 5.9%, and the Northern Fascists won 5.0% etc. The Olive Tree polled 31%.

I figured but the right didn't win anywhere? Wow.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »

Red = Left Tongue

Though frankly, the left won in all regions because the right was more fragmented than the left. FI polled 20%, the fascists polled 11.5%, DC junior won 5.9%, and the Northern Fascists won 5.0% etc. The Olive Tree polled 31%.

I figured but the right didn't win anywhere? Wow.

IIRC, the Northern Fascists prevented them to win in the north, the Fascists prevented them to win anything in the Lazio area, and the DC junior gang prevented them to win Sicily etc.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 10:46:15 PM »

That 1946 referendum map was interesting. I know the South was much more rural and backward than the north (no offense Phil), is that the reason they supported the monarchy or was there another reason?

And why was Basilicata one of the only regions in the South to support Veltroni's party this year?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »

That 1946 referendum map was interesting. I know the South was much more rural and backward than the north (no offense Phil), is that the reason they supported the monarchy or was there another reason?

Actually, that is the reason, in my opinion.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's a traditonally leftist stronghold.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 11:39:14 PM »

Could go into a really detailed socio-political analysis stretching back to ancient Rome; southern Italy is quite interesting that way. But, yes, you have the gist of it, although the rural factor is not nearly as powerful as the anti-cooperative factor. Some areas of the north which voted in favor are also quite rural. And hatred of the northerners, whom the southerners suspected would dominate a republic. That, too.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »

Could go into a really detailed socio-political analysis stretching back to ancient Rome; southern Italy is quite interesting that way.

Times I know I have issues: when the phrase "really detailed socio-political analysis stretching back to ancient Rome," sounds tantalizing and intriguing.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 12:47:58 AM »

And why was Basilicata one of the only regions in the South to support Veltroni's party this year?

It's a traditonally leftist stronghold.

Thats strange by American standards. Usually the poor, very rural areas are extremely Republican. Except for say, Alabama's black belt and the MS delta (which isn't really a delta).

There's a great book about Basilicata (then named Luciana) called Christ Stopped at Eboli. It was written in 1936 by an author who was banished there by Mussolini for speaking out against the Ethiopian War. I read the first 50 pages but haven't finished it yet.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 12:51:40 AM »

Could go into a really detailed socio-political analysis stretching back to ancient Rome; southern Italy is quite interesting that way.

As Lord Koko says, that does sound interesting. You could give us the short version Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 12:52:05 AM »

Thats strange by American standards. Usually the poor, very rural areas are extremely Republican. Except for say, Alabama's black belt and the MS delta (which isn't really a delta).

Well, the poor around the world typically identify with leftist policies. They're socially conservative but just don't vote that way.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:02 AM »

Wow,nice thread.Most of the maps I'd never seen before.Unfortunately I can't really use internet for now,so my support to the discussion will be limited,but,in regard to the European Election,now there are going to be either 5 or a few more constituences in place of the old 3.Also,the MPA has nothing to do with indipendence and Lega Nord really.It's just a mafia-style party,a sort of south-based DC.Only now have they started complaining about Garibaldi with their leader,Sicily's governor,who has said he will remove anything remembering Garibaldi as a hero.But,I repeat,they are just a southern-based modern DC.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »

Correct. I recall reading somewhere that educated people supported the Republic.

in regard to the European Election,now there are going to be either 5 or a few more constituences in place of the old 3.

There are already five constituencies, and, IIRC, have been in use for quite some time.

The bottom line is that these EU constituencies are horrible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »

Only now have they started complaining about Garibaldi with their leader,Sicily's governor,who has said he will remove anything remembering Garibaldi as a hero.But,I repeat,they are just a southern-based modern DC.

The Sicilian Governor really wants to remove anything memorializing Garibaldi? Disgusting. Good luck with that one.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »

Only now have they started complaining about Garibaldi with their leader,Sicily's governor,who has said he will remove anything remembering Garibaldi as a hero.But,I repeat,they are just a southern-based modern DC.

The Sicilian Governor really wants to remove anything memorializing Garibaldi? Disgusting. Good luck with that one.

Isn't he also with the mafia or something, IIRC?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »

The Sicilian Governor? I don't know. I think Berlusconi was all about him and the guy is from a right wing party so he was fine with me...  Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »

The Sicilian Governor? I don't know. I think Berlusconi was all about him and the guy is from a right wing party so he was fine with me...  Wink

Despite his nickname being the Southern Umberto Bossi? (though, frankly, he's much less dangerous and his MPA is a joke party).

BTW, anybody have requests for any maps?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »

Despite his nickname being the Southern Umberto Bossi? (though, frankly, he's much less dangerous and his MPA is a joke party).

Well, I didn't know about him being all about autonomy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Whatever else you have.  Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »

Lol do those Germans wanna join Austria or something? and what about that little yellow corner in the northwest. are they French or something?

The major party in the South Tyrol province of Trentino-Alto Adige is the Südtiroler Volkspartei. The SVP doesn't really want to join Austria IIRC. There is a smaller party, the Union for South Tyrol, that is nationalist.

Vallee d'Aoste is a Francophone minority region where the two biggest parties are local French parties (one more conservative, the other more liberal). National parties aren't strong in South Tyrol and Aoste.

It's Austrias' rightful territory anyhow.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2008, 07:40:29 PM by Verily »

Times I know I have issues: when the phrase "really detailed socio-political analysis stretching back to ancient Rome," sounds tantalizing and intriguing.

I shouldn't have even mentioned it, now I'll spend a few hours trying to put things together. Basically has to do with southern Italy's somewhat unique political history as a perpetual backwater combined with its strong historical connections to Greece and the eastern Mediterranean. In really vague terms, southern Italy had never been ruled by anything but autocrats until the Italian republic was declared, which had strongly diluted any sense of community in the region (not just regionally, but at the town level as well). There were brief flowerings of communality at times, such as the short-lived Republic of Amalfi, but by and large such things passed the area by.

While your average person might question the government's motives, for example, and try to fix them if corrupt, the southern Italian assumes the government is corrupt and goes about trying to get as big of a cut from that corruption as possible. There are other places in the world like this, but southern Italy is most studied.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:25 AM »

Correct. I recall reading somewhere that educated people supported the Republic.

in regard to the European Election,now there are going to be either 5 or a few more constituences in place of the old 3.

There are already five constituencies, and, IIRC, have been in use for quite some time.

The bottom line is that these EU constituencies are horrible.

Right now I think it's north,center,south and islands.They will change that.
Anyway,Lombardo isn't right wing,he's a tipically southern centrist politician.
In the south anyway,and especially in Sicily,anything ranging from PdL(especially former FI)to UdC and at times old Daisy members is connected to mafia.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:26 AM »

The 5 constituencies are North-West, North-East, Central, Southern, and Islands.

They should get a national constituency will a 5 or 3% threshold for seats, like France had before we got this awful system.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 10:39:53 PM »

I was reading through this thread and wanted to take you up on this half year old favor.  Tongue

Any information on the 1983 General election?

Eh. I'm confused though. In the Senate elections here, the PdL candidate (a guy from Philadelphia actually named Berardi) won.

I figured I could correct this - Berardi is actually a Deputy, not a Senator but I'm pretty sure that North America has a PdL Senator, too. Berardi hosts this really ritzy Carnevale event for his Italian American PAC every year. I was reading about it in our political newspaper. Berardi brought some Senator as his guest. I ended up researching the guy and he was definitely part of the PdL slate in 2008.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 08:28:29 AM »

I was reading through this thread and wanted to take you up on this half year old favor.  Tongue

Any information on the 1983 General election?

Here is the 1983 election for the Deputies by province. Quite an interesting map.

Standard key: DC blue, PCI red.

Any specific reason for your interest in 1983?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

Trying to find out which horrible areas helped Craxi become Italy's second longest Prime Minister.  Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »

Trying to find out which horrible areas helped Craxi become Italy's second longest Prime Minister.  Tongue

The blue areas of course, since the PCI didn't participate in Craxi's governments.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies