Italy Election Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:58:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy Election Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italy Election Maps  (Read 54805 times)
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:02 AM »

Wow,nice thread.Most of the maps I'd never seen before.Unfortunately I can't really use internet for now,so my support to the discussion will be limited,but,in regard to the European Election,now there are going to be either 5 or a few more constituences in place of the old 3.Also,the MPA has nothing to do with indipendence and Lega Nord really.It's just a mafia-style party,a sort of south-based DC.Only now have they started complaining about Garibaldi with their leader,Sicily's governor,who has said he will remove anything remembering Garibaldi as a hero.But,I repeat,they are just a southern-based modern DC.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:25 AM »

That 1946 referendum map was interesting. I know the South was much more rural and backward than the north (no offense Phil), is that the reason they supported the monarchy or was there another reason?

Correct. I recall reading somewhere that educated people supported the Republic.

in regard to the European Election,now there are going to be either 5 or a few more constituences in place of the old 3.

There are already five constituencies, and, IIRC, have been in use for quite some time.

The bottom line is that these EU constituencies are horrible.

Right now I think it's north,center,south and islands.They will change that.
Anyway,Lombardo isn't right wing,he's a tipically southern centrist politician.
In the south anyway,and especially in Sicily,anything ranging from PdL(especially former FI)to UdC and at times old Daisy members is connected to mafia.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »

WTF ROME???
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »

Why the high LN total in Taranto?

bumping this old fave' with an answer to this question:

There is some sort of Southern Action League (Ld'AzM), which is a fascist-mafioso outfit led by Giancarlo Cito. It had more success in the past (holding the single-member seat for Taranto 1994 to 2001) and has recently done a bit better. Cito is currently a deputy through a deal with the MPA, although ironically he's staunchly anti-LN.

I even made a map:

This is pretty common in Southern Italy.Parties that elsewhere are insignificant and are pretty much with no ideology get huge percentages,mostly by voting the friend of the cousin of your wife who promised you something,and so on...basically,there is no ideology behind that,just buying votes.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:05:17 AM »

I've actually been to Lucca,but I still don't know.It seems like the typical Tuscany city...anyway it has voted center-left in the last few elections,unlike Prato,which elected for the first time a center-right mayor,mostly because of the anti-chinese wave (chinese population there is ridicolous because of all the textile industries)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies