Quinnipiac: Obama still leads in FL,OH, and PA.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Quinnipiac: Obama still leads in FL,OH, and PA.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Obama still leads in FL,OH, and PA.  (Read 2204 times)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »

FL: 46-44

Florida women likely voters back Obama 47 - 42 percent, while men go 47 percent for McCain and 45 percent for Obama. White voters back McCain 53 - 39 percent while black voters back Obama 89 - 2 percent. Obama leads 66 - 27 percent with voters 18 to 34 years old; McCain gets 47 percent of voters 35 to 54, to Obama's 45 percent, and leads 51 - 41 percent with voters over 55. Independent voters back McCain 46 - 41 percent, a shift from 47 - 37 percent for Obama June 18.

Looking at the candidates' spouses, Florida voters say 36 - 25 percent that Cindy McCain better fits their idea of a First Lady than Michelle Obama. Women prefer Ms. McCain 34 - 28 percent and men prefer her 38 - 22 percent.

Voters support 53 - 42 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge

OH: 46-44

Obama gets 47 percent of Ohio women likely voters, to McCain's 44 percent. Men split with 46 percent for Obama and 45 percent for McCain. White voters back McCain 49 - 42 percent, but Obama sweeps black voters 89 - 2 percent. The Democrat also leads 57 - 35 percent among voters 18 to 34 and 48 - 44 percent among voters 35 to 54, while McCain leads 48 - 41 percent among voters over 55.

In the First Lady matchup, Cindy McCain tops Michelle Obama 33 - 27 percent. Women split with 32 percent for McCain and 31 percent for Obama, while men prefer McCain 33 - 23 percent.

Ohio voters back 55 - 40 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge. 

PA: 49-42

Obama leads 50 - 39 percent with women and 48 - 44 percent among men. White voters split with 46 percent for McCain and 45 percent for Obama. The Democrat leads 91 - 1 percent among black voters. Obama leads 60 - 37 percent among voters 18 to 34 years old and 49 - 41 percent among voters 35 to 54. Voters over 55 split 45 - 45 percent.

The First Lady comparison is a toss-up, with 31 percent picking McCain and 29 percent picking Obama. Women prefer Obama 33 - 30 percent, while men like McCain 33 - 25 percent.

Pennsylvania voters support 55 - 41 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge.

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2008, 09:31:21 AM by New Deal Democrat »

So...

McCain is supposed to be this overwhelming favorite in Florida, yet the RCP average for Florida is McCain +0.5 and Obama has led in 3 of the last 4 polls there?

Is it finally time for the right to put down the talking points about Florida?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »

So...

McCain is supposed to be this overwhelming favorite in Florida, yet the RCP average for Florida is McCain +0.5 and Obama has lead in 3 of the last 4 polls there?

Wait until M-D polls in Florida before making any conclusion.

All other Florida polls should be junked or viewed with suspicion that they do what Florida polls tend to do: 1) be horribly wrong; 2) skew Democratic.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »

Its Summer, don't get too happy
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »

Voters support 53 - 42 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge

Ohio voters back 55 - 40 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge. 

Pennsylvania voters support 55 - 41 percent drilling for oil in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge.

Cue McCain, 1, 2, 3 FLIP Tongue (offshore drilling, anyone?)

Dave
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:32 AM »

Dave

He already has flip on that issue, or at least that is what Fox News said the other day.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »

Dave

He already has flip on that issue, or at least that is what Fox News said the other day.

I know that Josh Smiley. McCain flipped on offshore oil drilling (June 18) the very same day Rasmussen published a poll suggesting a majority of Americans were in favor. Needless to say he got a free pass on that one. If Obama had done this, he'd have been crucified

Dave
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »

I love polling, it really gets Obama fans excited about their chances in states like FL, ND, MT, and NC where he has a <10% chance of winning any of them.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:25:36 AM »

I love polling, it really gets Obama fans excited about their chances in states like FL, ND, MT, and NC where he has a <10% chance of winning any of them.

So now we're putting FL in the same category as ND, MT and NC?

You people are getting way over your head.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »

So now we're putting FL in the same category as ND, MT and NC?

You people are getting way over your head.

People were saying the same thing about OH, PA and MI in the primary... How's that going for them?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »

And this is coming from a guy who thinks McCain has a shot at NJ....
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:42 AM »

Please Josh, laughing so hard hurts me badly
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

Well then stop laughing at yourself, because we all know that you are how do I say it... SLOW...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

The way I see it is that any state that which has an investment in the continuation of more of the same will vote McCain; those that don't, won't

McCain is keen to remind us all that he's a conservative Republican, just as the incumbent president is. And when I add George W Bush + conservative + Republican, I get incompetence Wink

Nowt much to reassure me that McCain would be any better

Dave
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »

Florida remains a toss-up, Ohio remains a toss-up/tilt Obama, and Pennsylvania remains lean Obama. Good news.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »

you should take up gambling...

FLORIDA.DEM 42.0
NTH.DAKOTA.DEM 27.5
MONTANA.DEM 36.0
NTH.CAROLINA.DEM 28.0

...short all of them out and you're all but guaranteed a nice return.  unless you're talking out of your ass, but we all know you wouldn't do that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »

Well then stop laughing at yourself, because we all know that you are how do I say it... SLOW...
Read my signature
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »

Read my signature

OK? What does that have to do with anything? Yes I once was a republican, but because of I started to view the world through my own eyes and not my parents my views changed. Is it a crime for some one to think on their own? I remember when you first posted you had a PM score that was like Statesrights. Now look at it, what happen? The fact is every when they are teenagers views start to change, some alot and other just a little. It part of growing older and thing with you own mind instead of you parents mind that beat views in your head for 18 years. So if it make me slow because I started to think for myself then I guess I'm slow.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »

That is only thing I agree with you on, please go back to your Leadership Confrences and leave debates for those that can handle it
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

Well FL is Obama's #1 target right now. At least the millions he spent here have been better received than in Georgia. Still, Quinnepiac still tilts to the left, and I think this is the first year they've polled outside of CT, NY and NJ.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »

That is only thing I agree with you on, please go back to your Leadership Confrences and leave debates for those that can handle it

You can't handle any debates, because all you end up doing is personally attacking the person you are trying to debate.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 12:08:21 PM »

Like you should talk DWTL.  You're an abrasive idiot that can't debate worth a sh**t who instead goes around making fun of people and trying to be a big bad bully.

I really think you're disgusting.  But go ahead, come back at me with some cocky, immature little remark.. I'm ready for it.  But quit picking on people.. it just makes you look bad.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »

Like you should talk DWTL.  You're an abrasive idiot that can't debate worth a sh**t who instead goes around making fun of people and trying to be a big bad bully.

I really think you're disgusting.  But go ahead, come back at me with some cocky, immature little remark.. I'm ready for it.  But quit picking on people.. it just makes you look bad.
Nah, why would I make a remark to you?  You've always seemed like a pretty decent guy.  Josh and Gporter are just fun to harass to resist.  Although if you start making ridiculous comments that I will send an insult your way Smiley
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 12:11:38 PM »

Nah, why would I make a remark to you?  You've always seemed like a pretty decent guy.  Josh and Gporter are just fun to harass to resist.  Although if you start making ridiculous comments that I will send an insult your way Smiley

How about you just stop making a fool out of yourself and leave the discussion to the adults?

KTHXBYE.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »

How about you just stop making a fool out of yourself and leave the discussion to the adults?

KTHXBYE.
Of course, you rank just above Josh on that list Mr. "I'm so glad Tony Snow died of brain cancer"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies