Holy crap, I'm a liberal!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:02:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Holy crap, I'm a liberal!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Holy crap, I'm a liberal!  (Read 749 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

Well, not really, but I feel like one now.  I've decided to support a .1 mill for the Detroit Zoo.  I'm normally opposed to stuff like this, but I just can't say no to the Detroit Zoo.  Better go retake the PM test.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »

Animals other than humans sometimes are move lovable by humans. There is this species disappointment factor that can stalk us all  from time to time.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »

Wow.  Both raising taxes and "save the animals" at the same time.

BTW, I hate ballot referenda.  They make me feel like an idiot.  Isn't it the legislature's job to legislate, not mine as a private citizen?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

It feels good, doesn't it? Actually being compassionate and caring...

Now support the Embryonic Stem Cell Research and the Medical Marijuana one this november.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »

Oh wow. This one could start a real flame war. I'm not touching it (for once).  Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »

Oh wow. This one could start a real flame war. I'm not touching it (for once).  Tongue

A flame war or a flaming war?  Cheesy
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »

Of all the issues in the world, this is the one that makes you liberal? Zoos are nice and all and will bring tourist dollars from the surrounding area, but come on.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

Wow.  Both raising taxes and "save the animals" at the same time.

BTW, I hate ballot referenda.  They make me feel like an idiot.  Isn't it the legislature's job to legislate, not mine as a private citizen?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 11:49:14 PM »

Now support the Embryonic Stem Cell Research and the Medical Marijuana one this november.

Stem cells, no.  Marijuana, yes.  Did the other marijuana bill get the signatures it needed?  SOS's website had a list of the proposed proposals up, but after the signature deadline passed, the websited reverted back to the 2006 proposal list.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »

Stem cells, no.  Marijuana, yes.  Did the other marijuana bill get the signatures it needed?  SOS's website had a list of the proposed proposals up, but after the signature deadline passed, the websited reverted back to the 2006 proposal list.

Yes, I believe all three ballot referendums got on the ballot. I'm unsure how I'm going to vote on the Governmental reform one, though.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »

Yes, I believe all three ballot referendums got on the ballot. I'm unsure how I'm going to vote on the Governmental reform one, though.

There were about 10.  It'll be unfortunate that the recreational marijuana prop got on though.  Too many voters will just vote both down, and imo, at LEAST the medicinal marijuana prop should pass.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »

There were about 10.  It'll be unfortunate that the recreational marijuana prop got on though.  Too many voters will just vote both down, and imo, at LEAST the medicinal marijuana prop should pass.

There were TEN ballot petitions? Wow.

I thought you were talking about just the Medical Marijuana one, that's the one that got on. I didn't even know there was a Recreational one.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 12:35:29 AM »

There were TEN ballot petitions? Wow.

I thought you were talking about just the Medical Marijuana one, that's the one that got on. I didn't even know there was a Recreational one.

There's a list of all of them here, but like I said, I'm not sure which ones got enough signatures: http://inkslwc.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/a-look-at-the-michigan-ballot-for-2008-proposals-marijuana-stem-cells-the-senate-health-care-taxes-and-more/
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »

See? Helping out feels good! Greed is bad.

Undestand that and your economic score will be reversed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies