Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 09:26:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
| | | |-+  269-269
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Is this scenario possible?
Another 269-269 scenario is more likely than this one   -3 (13.6%)
yes   -8 (36.4%)
yes, but not likely   -10 (45.5%)
no   -1 (4.5%)
no 269-269 scenario will likely happen   -0 (0%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: 269-269  (Read 4852 times)
classical liberal
RightWingNut
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 09:57:59 pm »
Ignore

I think Nevada going Democratic is more likely than New Hampshire going Republican, so the original scenario is the most likely.

NV is more likely to flip than NH because Obama is more likely to win the NPV than McCain.  The point is that NV is less likely to flip than CO, which is IMHO what invalidates the original map.

"As for me, I'd rather live in a free country than a 'fair' one." --David Harsanyi

"What passes for optimism is most often the effect of an intellectual error." --Raymond Claud Ferdinan Aron

"The world is a rough and nasty place. Absent a change in human nature, it will remain so." --Robert M. Gates
zorkpolitics
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 07:10:32 pm »
Ignore

Obama must think a tie is likley, he opened an office in Omaha just to to try and win 1 EV in CD-2:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/678770.html

"Scientists are treacherous allies on committees, for they are apt to change their minds in response to arguments" C.M. Bowra
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 08:45:47 pm »
Ignore

More likely, he opened an office in Omaha to help him in Western Iowa.  Getting the EV for NE-2 would be nice for him, but I just can't see that being what might put Obama over the top.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
Mr.Phips
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »
Ignore

I have a real feeling that this will actually happen. 
rockhound

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:22 pm »
Ignore

I think it almost inevitable that Obama would win if it goes to the house and his running mate would be chosen by the Senate.

Is that really inevitable?  I don't have my copy of the constitution handy, but if I recall correctly the president is chosen by the house, but it is one state equals one vote.  I know the democrats will almost certainly have more congressmen, but will they control more state delegations?
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:10 pm »
Ignore

I think it almost inevitable that Obama would win if it goes to the house and his running mate would be chosen by the Senate.

Is that really inevitable?  I don't have my copy of the constitution handy, but if I recall correctly the president is chosen by the house, but it is one state equals one vote.  I know the democrats will almost certainly have more congressmen, but will they control more state delegations?

The Democrats have a 27-21 lead, with 2 tied, so they should win that vote.
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 10:52:27 pm »
Ignore

Won't that change before the election is certified?

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 10:58:14 pm »
Ignore

Won't that change before the election is certified?

Hence, the word should. As long as the Democrats have 26 state delegations, they can elect Obama. If they lost 2 state delegations, but retained the Senate, then Biden would become President.
MR maverick
MR politics
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 11:38:01 pm »
Ignore

Obama- Palin 08 

What a ticket that would be.

I really think we could see a 269-269 thing this election, due to how the country has become wht vs blk ..new vs old.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout