The most/least arrogant religious groups
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The most/least arrogant religious groups
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The most/least arrogant religious groups  (Read 9358 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

So because I cannot believe I am arrogant? LOL. Note that I never said god does not exist. I am just a confused little boy......

No, I'm saying that that's the arrogance - the insistance in believing that we, as believers, are saying something that we're not really saying.

Look you believe in god. You do not know whether god exists and neither do any of us. Believing in god makes many people's lives better so trust me I am not knocking it, but my mind is not capable of making that leap of faith. That is all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »

So because I cannot believe I am arrogant? LOL. Note that I never said god does not exist. I am just a confused little boy......

No, I'm saying that that's the arrogance - the insistance in believing that we, as believers, are saying something that we're not really saying.

Look you believe in god. You do not know whether god exists and neither do any of us. Believing in god makes many people's lives better so trust me I am not knocking it, but my mind is not capable of making that leap of faith. That is all.

Good for you. I don't believe I called you out specifically.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2008, 12:49:46 PM »

I do think you called out agnostics and most agnostics have similar views as me on this issue. Now militant atheists...... that is a whole another story.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

I do think you called out agnostics and most agnostics have similar views as me on this issue. Now militant atheists...... that is a whole another story.

Hey, what did I ever do to you? Sad
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2008, 01:00:17 PM »

Hmm? I thought you were agnostic. Anyways I think atheists just have a problem with religion and that is why they get all up in your face with the "god does not exist" stuff. Now of course by god I mean any sort of a creator and do not mean it in any religious sense. So there is a definite possibility there was a creator of the universe and thus, human beings as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

Hmm? I thought you were agnostic. Anyways I think atheists just have a problem with religion and that is why they get all up in your face with the "god does not exist" stuff. Now of course by god I mean any sort of a creator and do not mean it in any religious sense. So there is a definite possibility there was a creator of the universe and thus, human beings as well.

Though I am an Atheist, I don't like people who feel the need to go out & proselytize. As such, I don't get up in anybody's face as long as they don't get up in mine.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

Though I am an Atheist, I don't like people who feel the need to go out & proselytize. As such, I don't get up in anybody's face as long as they don't get up in mine.

Yes it is the evangelical atheists I am against.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »

anyone who lives in an echo chamber surrounded only by those who share their beliefs tends to be like this.  Jews and Buddhists are possible exceptions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 03:02:49 AM »

In some religions, to proselyte is to follow the faith.  Most people who have ever proselyted know that there are people with your view point.  Instead of taking it offensively, simply say "no" and let them move on.  If they do then get in your face about it...by all means go crazy.  I can't tell you how many times people yelled at me when they simply could have said no and I would have moved on.

Yeah, I've been proselytized to enough times that I usually don't even realize it anymore until after the person has gone. Proof of desensitization methinks. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies