Is this guy a good guy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:31:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is this guy a good guy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this guy a good guy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Is this guy a good guy?  (Read 9594 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 08, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »

I don't see what's wrong with the logic that only a completely morally bankrupt person could be a cop in a place as reprehensible as South Africa under apartheid.
Yeah, because God forbid a "good" person would want to join the local policing agency to try and make things better.  Or was (is?) every white person on the dark continent a horrible person in your eyes?  As I'm sure you've read here a thousand times, the world isn't as black and white as it appears through your young eyes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »

You're making quite a leap of logic from "people enforcing apartheid" to "every single white person in Africa"

And a person on the police force abusing blacks is NOT making things better.
Well you did say....
I don't see what's wrong with the logic that only a completely morally bankrupt person could be a cop in a place as reprehensible as South Africa under apartheid.
You're saying all cops in South Africa during apartheid were morally bankrupt and I'm saying that's much too simple and incorrect.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 03:09:20 AM »

"You don't become a cop because you want to serve and protect. You join the force because they let you carry a gun and a badge. You do it because you get respect. Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun."
No doubt some cops join for that reason, nobody will argue against that.  But your ignorant if you think every single cop during aparthied was a racist bastards itching for a reason to beat on some "darkies".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 04:07:19 AM »

"Vast majority" is a LOT different than all.  Especially when we're talking about killing people on the side of the road.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies