Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162632 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »

(and Xahar would be mentioned a lot less if he was appropriately punished for his actions)

He was banned (that it might not be a permanent ban was Dave's decision) I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do. Maybe we ought to go down to San Jose and hang the kid up from a lamp-post or something. But even if we did that, I think there would be those who'd accuse us of being soft on him.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #651 on: March 01, 2009, 09:42:43 AM »

(and Xahar would be mentioned a lot less if he was appropriately punished for his actions)
This is key. 

Verily, how can you say Xahar will continue to be a joke when banned?  We have at least 2 people who have openly admitted they have proposed ideas on behalf of Xahar and a few more who admit contact with him.

The RPP really feels two things are necessary to keep this game civil and smooth:
1.) A full ban of Xahar
2.) Al either being held to moderator standards or unable to moderate RPP member posts

Little boy, you aren't in a position to negotiate for anything (and especially not something so unhinged). Once again:

Go and have a walk or something. Fresh air would do you good, I think.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #652 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »

People commenting on the rape comments should really make themselves aware of the context in which they were made. And, really, defending your own behavior by comparing to BRTD's is rather stupid. BRTD has been banned before, recall?

That it is very difficult to get Dave to ban someone is not reason for the Moderators to not make it clear that your actions violate the ToS, which includes stating that you risk being banned. If you don't understand why your behavior was problematic, Duke, it doesn't matter what other people have done. You have a problem.

But there are plenty of other people in Atlasia with problems. One is the President, although I think his problematic behavior has taken place primarily elsewhere on the forums. This doesn't excuse anything.

Finally, Xahar-baiting is moronic. He has no influence anywhere. If he's ever unbanned he will continue to be a joke. Stop mentioning his name, period.

This is a very, very sensible post.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #653 on: March 01, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »

I'm all for tamping things down a little, the rhetoric here seems unnecessary. However, denying the fact that Xahar does have influence is naive and dangerous at worst. The fact that many people, myself included, do not like him in the slightest does not mean that he doesn't hold considerable influence among certain members and has utilized this influence to get proposals like Franzl's proposed constitution out into the public arena.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #654 on: March 01, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »

I'm all for tamping things down a little, the rhetoric here seems unnecessary. However, denying the fact that Xahar does have influence is naive and dangerous at worst. The fact that many people, myself included, do not like him in the slightest does not mean that he doesn't hold considerable influence among certain members and has utilized this influence to get proposals like Franzl's proposed constitution out into the public arena.

Suprisingly the only evidence we have of Xahar 'manipulating' anything is the RPP. As he said to some members he was controlling Franzl which was a lie. That generated some hysteria which caused RPP members to accuse Franzl and not follow correct forum procedure.

As Al has said, raising the spectre of Xahar as 'bogeyman' does no good. The mods know what he is capable of and we take it seriously. The ban we got was the most heavy handed ban that we could get Dave Leip to agree.

The mods are caught between a 'rock and a hard place' ; if we were able to open the Mod's Corner board to everyone for just one day you'd see a completely different side to things.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #655 on: March 01, 2009, 10:43:47 AM »

Question: What is wrong with Xahar having "influence"? Is there a rule against banned people having "influence"?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #656 on: March 01, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »

This is key. 

Verily, how can you say Xahar will continue to be a joke when banned?  We have at least 2 people who have openly admitted they have proposed ideas on behalf of Xahar and a few more who admit contact with him.

He has talked to people. Crisis. You may be a solipsist, but most people would agree that everyone has a mind of their own. No ideas have been proposed "on behalf of Xahar", they have only been inspired by some of his statements. Which, as has been pointed out numerous times, doesn't mean anything against those proposals, nor does any of them involve unbanning him (which changes to Atlasian law can't do anyway) or giving him any power.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the RPP gets the latter, I call upon all non-RPP members of Atlasia to leave, permanently. Maybe your goal is just to destroy Atlasia, DWTL, but some people actually enjoyed themselves before you came along.

And Xahar is already banned. And Atlasian politics have no say whatsoever on forum decisions in any case.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #657 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »

I think we really need to cool it here. Sure we all need to pay attention and make sure that Xahar doesn't assume too much power, that's perfectly reasonable.

But come on...he's just an obsessed kid, and I don't really think we have that much to worry about (we meaning Atlasia...obviously a different story for people being actively harrassed by him, which it appears is happening).

The guy only has as much power as we give him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #658 on: March 01, 2009, 04:30:40 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

I stated in my post that I understand that my accusations were out of line so...

I was asking for fair treatment across the board. Apparently that is too much to ask for around this forum. I know pointing fingers isn't the proper way to go about things, but sometimes exposing some of the hypocrisy around here is the way to go. If someone like BRTD isn't fair game, then who is? I love how all of my examples outside of Ebowed were sluffed off as not counting. 

I'm not asking for soft treatment. I want fair treatment. If I am going to get a warning and a threat of bannishment, I expect others to receive the same when they attack someone or bully them.

The sort of behavior that got you the charming letter that you're very happy with is, or at least was, pretty rare here. But, from what I'm aware, when it has been drawn to our attention it has always been acted on.

See what Gustaf wrote.

Oh for God's sake! You weren't yelled at for mockery or name calling. You were warned because you decide to engage in some pretty serious harassment; the sort of thing that can actually get you in a hell of a lot of trouble out in the real world (you know, like losing your job). I cannot believe that you don't understand this; are you so used to getting your own way that you are incapable of understanding that you crossed some pretty big red lines?

There is only one poster on this forum who is apparently allowed to get away with "just about anything" and it is not BRTD.

You aren't still trying to defend that? Hells Teeth.

So now this forum is like the real world? Really? You do realize referring to your boss as Raper of Rapington or a fraud or troll will probably get you fired in the real world too, if we're going to play that game. You do realize accusing someone of being a rapist is crossing some pretty big red lines too, don't you? Or does your conduct not count either in this whole little game?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #659 on: March 01, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »

So now this forum is like the real world? Really?

No. Let me make this clear to you; this forum happens to be a part of the real world meaning that certain rules (you know, things that us commoners have to abide by and that you are supposed to) from the real world apply here as well.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of posters here have no difficulty grasping this concept and have, in fact, never even needed to give it so much as a second of thought.

You aren't my boss. Actually, you aren't even in a position of authority over me here. Fascinating that you assume that you must be the boss of me in any hypothetical though... says a lot more about you than is especially nice.

Also, there is a difference between casually insulting people and harrassment. You must understand that.

I don't think that I've ever actually called you a rapist. Besides, I don't see why you keep harking back to that; all it does is remind anyone here at the time quite how much of a disgusting misogynist you are.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #660 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »

can any of you guys get along? As for Duke and DWTL, can you just accept you did something wrong and move on. This is childish and is RUINING the game. So can you two stop acting like a 5 year old and just learn from you mistakes?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #661 on: March 01, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »

can any of you guys get along? As for Duke and DWTL, can you just accept you did something wrong and move on. This is childish and is RUINING the game. So can you two stop acting like a 5 year old and just learn from you mistakes?

Pardon my naivete, but wouldn't all that be too...easy? You underestimate the impossibility for people to act as, well, people.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #662 on: March 01, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »

Some people obviously either are too dumb to realize that this is a game, or they don't want it to be a game.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #663 on: March 01, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

Pardon my naivete, but wouldn't all that be too...easy? You underestimate the impossibility for people to act as, well, people.
I see what you are saying, but this bickering should not go on.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

Yeah, the bickering sucks. I would prefer it if certain people could learn to treat others in a respectable manner, but maturity is hard to come by nowadays. Basically, Duke's comments were stupid, but everyone who gave him a hard time over it needs to grow up & leave him alone.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #665 on: March 01, 2009, 09:28:09 PM »

So now this forum is like the real world? Really?

No. Let me make this clear to you; this forum happens to be a part of the real world meaning that certain rules (you know, things that us commoners have to abide by and that you are supposed to) from the real world apply here as well.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of posters here have no difficulty grasping this concept and have, in fact, never even needed to give it so much as a second of thought.

You aren't my boss. Actually, you aren't even in a position of authority over me here. Fascinating that you assume that you must be the boss of me in any hypothetical though... says a lot more about you than is especially nice.

Also, there is a difference between casually insulting people and harrassment. You must understand that.

I don't think that I've ever actually called you a rapist. Besides, I don't see why you keep harking back to that; all it does is remind anyone here at the time quite how much of a disgusting misogynist you are.

Last time I checked, Lewis wasn't my boss either, so I do not understand your point. I did not attack you in any way in that post. You took it upon yourself to crusade against it. I received a much more civil message from Gustaf, which I responded and apologized for my conduct. I have been saying I wronged all along here, but you and some others neglect to read that part and keep on harping that I don't understand. I do. That's not a question to me.

I also never said I was your boss. I was asking you if you'd ever refer to your boss as some of the things you said. Again, I do not understand why you are taking personal offense to this since it was to Lewis, not yourself. If you two are very close, then I apologize for upsetting your friend.

The game is going to be dead, my dear. It's on life support right now. The old guard is retiring and new members have no interest in it. It is pretty pointless, but I enjoy the inner workings of running a party and government. Too many people become obsessed with it and go on power trips.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #666 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2009, 02:21:49 AM by You Will Find The Stars Won't Shine Tonight »

I've openly said fuck several times to both my supervisor and the boss of the site, and they've never cared. Not surprising though considering they say it as much as I do.

Anyway, a suggestion for Duke:

If you don't want to be called a rapist, don't openly say that you are a rapist and that you find the concept of rape amusing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #667 on: March 02, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »

Last time I checked, Lewis wasn't my boss either, so I do not understand your point.

You mean you aren't aware that you can get into trouble for harrassing, say, a fellow worker? Strange.

You say that you accept that what you did was wrong. This is true, but you don't seem to understand quite how bad it was; you wouldn't be complaining so loudly (or making so many strange comparisions) if you did (neither would you have gone around smearing me in private; I know about that because one of your acolytes PM'ed me demanding to know why I had been "threatening" you).  But I'm happy to let that pass) And, as it happens, I was aware that you'd already been contacted by another moderator (I even hinted that I knew this in the warning). I felt, though, that a sharper warning was necessary to shock some sense into you and to make the consequences of behaving like that in the future very clear.

I don't especially like the suggestion that I've acted in an unprofessional way (I try to draw strict lines between my role as a moderator and my presence as a poster here) , but I'll let it pass as well.
Sir Coffeebeans
coffeebeans
Rookie
« Reply #668 on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

PiT made a mistake, but its not as if he made it knowingly, so of course he shouldn't be banned. If he did, KNOWINGLY, give Xahar his login and password to his Atlas account, then I think he should be banned. However, the lack of intelligence in his actions should tell the RPP to release him. I suggest removing PiT from the RPP for a month, and then allowing him back, with full priveliges.
I don't understand why giving Xahar such information is such a big offense anyway. It's not as if people have anything to hide......or do they?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #669 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »

[I felt, though, that a sharper warning was necessary to shock some sense into you and to make the consequences of behaving like that in the future very clear.
That plan worked to perfection, I honestly don't think how you think anyone is stupid enough to think you have done this if the poster wasn't an RPP member
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #670 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »

[I felt, though, that a sharper warning was necessary to shock some sense into you and to make the consequences of behaving like that in the future very clear.
That plan worked to perfection, I honestly don't think how you think anyone is stupid enough to think you have done this if the poster wasn't an RPP member

I'm a big fan of keeping various obscure (and to outsiders confusing) English dialects alive, but a translation would be helpful.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

I'm a big fan of keeping various obscure (and to outsiders confusing) English dialects alive, but a translation would be helpful.
I read that over and I'm not sure how its not clear.

If it was someone other than Duke/myself/SPC, etc. you would not have given the warning
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #672 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »

I read that over and I'm not sure how its not clear.

If it was someone other than Duke/myself/SPC, etc. you would not have given the warning

He would.
He has.
And so have I.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #673 on: March 02, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »

Easy to say, still not true
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2009, 05:03:35 PM »

Statement on Elections

The party congradulates MasterJedi and Franzl on their recent election to the senate.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies