Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162608 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: March 10, 2009, 06:01:55 PM »

Declared PPT Support:

DWTL 2 (DWTL, SPC)
HappyWarrior 2 (HW, Franzl)

Yet to declare: Smid, MasterJedi, PiT, RealisticIdealist, Lief, BaconKing
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »

I'll support you.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #677 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »

I believe DWTL will dutifully perform the responsibilities of the PPT.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #678 on: March 21, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »

I believe a convention being held in early April may be in order.  If not a full-blown convention, at least another CORR
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #679 on: March 22, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2009, 09:06:39 AM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

After much long debate and deciding that annoying Xahar is no longer necessary, the RPP has decided to release its by-laws

Chair and Vice-Chair
1.) The chairman and vice-chair shall serve a term of at least four months
2.) This term shall conclude two weeks before the beginning of a presidential election
3.) The chairman and vice-chair are voted on at the party convention by approval voting
4.) If the chair or vice-chair fails to gain 50% of the party's support, they are removed from office and a new election is held for the position
5.) Any member of the party has the right to request a vote on the chair and/or vice-chair at the party's convention

Party Dean
1.) The chairman may appoint a party dean to help serve with the chairman and vice-chair
2.) The Dean must be a member of the party for at least two months, or since its inception.
3.) The primary function of the dean will be to settle disputes between the chair and vice-chair

Endorsements
1.) To receive the endorsement of the Regional Protection Party a candidate must receive the endorsement of either the chair and vice-chair or a vote of the party.
2.) Any candidate who does not receive the party endorsement and runs under the party banner is denied support of the party for a minimum of six (6) months

Regional Chairs
1.) Each region shall have its own chair appointed by the party chairman
2.) Regional chairman may be hired/fired at the discretion of the party chair
3.) The primary duty of regional chairs is to remind voters in their regions to vote and to represent the party in their region
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #680 on: March 22, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

Diabolical. Especially the part about consuming the elders to gain their powers.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #681 on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:45 AM »

Diabolical. Especially the part about consuming the elders to gain their powers.
?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2009, 09:15:06 AM »

LOL
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2009, 09:16:13 AM »

I sense sarcasm from Purple State, but one never knows
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: March 22, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »

This actually reminded of me something that I wanted to do but forgot...

Statement from the Chair

Due to his ban from voting, Benconstine is removed as Mideast.  I will taking applications for Mideast chair and plan to appoint one in the coming days.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #685 on: March 22, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »

I was poking fun at all those who were freaking out about the private RPP server, as if the things found there would be ground-breaking and reveal the deepest secrets of the party. Clearly there is nothing so scandalous about your by-laws.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: March 22, 2009, 09:24:48 AM »

I think it was clear nothing diabolic was happening on the forum when Xahar had access and couldn't produce anything ground-breaking other than the RPP wanted to see Lewis, Al, and Hashpipe out of office
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #687 on: March 22, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

I think it was clear nothing diabolic was happening on the forum when Xahar had access and couldn't produce anything ground-breaking other than the RPP wanted to see Lewis, Al, and Hashpipe out of office

He has a user-name. It would be nice if you'd use it.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: March 22, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »

He has a user-name. It would be nice if you'd use it.
Really?  Because I seen to be referred to as "Crazy Downy" quite often.  Double standards are wonderful.  I honestly don't think he cares
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #689 on: March 22, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »

Just wait to put up the platform, you'll be shaking in your boots.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #690 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

Will you be displaying the part where it says our goal of Atlasian takeover? Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #691 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »

Will you be displaying the part where it says our goal of Atlasian takeover? Tongue
Well, it does need some tweaking before I present it
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #692 on: March 22, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »

Well, it does need some tweaking before I present it

I've waited several months for this so a few more hours or days won't be too much bother Smiley
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »

I think I am a member of this party but I don't remember...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »

I think I am a member of this party but I don't remember...
You most certainly are, do you an update on what has been going on?  Check the private board for any party happenings
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #695 on: March 22, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »

The long awaited platform has arrived...

Mission Statement

The Regional Protection Party stands for the rights of regions, in the grand tradition of men like Jefferson, Madison, and Jackson.  We oppose attempts by the federal government to infringe on the rights of regions, and we will continue to oppose any such attempts in the future.

Foreign Policy Issues

Atlasia is and must remain an integral nation on the world stage.  We fully support all other liberal democracies.  During times of global crises Atlasia should lead the good nations of the world in the fight, but we should not bring that fight alone.  As we are one of the many leaders of the spread of democracy, we must also be the vanguard when it comes to military technology.  We cannot rely on the kindness of others when our nation’s future is at stake.  The military should remain robust as long as there are threats to democracy out there.

Our main Foreign Policy goal should be the spread and protection of our fellow democratic states.  We should work with our allies in making life very uncomfortable for the dictatorships and oligarchies of the world.

Economic Issues

"We believe that burdensome taxes stifle opportunity and should be minimised."

"We believe that a budget deficit is a deferred tax that will need to be paid in future budgets, and as such we believe that the government's priority should be balancing the budget."

"We believe that our tax system exists to fund the decent services in health, education, aged care, and other services that Atlasians legitimately expect and are entitled to receive. If after we provide for those services, invest for the future, and balance our budget, we can reduce the tax burden, we should do so."

Education

"The Regional Protection Party believes that every child has a right to access educational services until the age of 18."

"We believe that it is the responsibility of regions to provide a suitable level of education to all children within the region."

Forum Affairs

We believe that to secure the rights of the regions, the Senate must need be deprived of certain law-making powers, namely to prevent it from regulating the affairs of the regions. As such, the president and vice-president's powers would necessarily be reduced as well.

We wish to retain the Class A seats as regional in order to retain the advantages of the regional Senate seat; those being guaranteed representation of all Atlasians, as well as a distinct constituency to which a Senator can be held accountable.

While we support the increased power of the regions, we do recognize that at-large Senate seats do have definite benefits; those benefits including more competitive elections with Senators who are accountable to all the citizens of Atlasia. As such, we wish to retain the Class B seats as at-large.

It is our opinion that a Supreme Court Justice ought must stand for re-confirmation if called for by Senators representing at least three regions.

Social Issues

-Freedom of speech, assembly, religion, the press and respect for the due process of law are essential components to a free society.

-We hold that the right to bear arms is a fundamental freedom. Notwithstanding, the regions shall exercise individual discretion on registration requirements for firearms and other weapons.

-Drug control policy is best decided individually by the regional governments.

-The legality of abortion for any non-medical reason should ultimately be legislated upon by the regional governments.

-We hold that illegal immigration is an issue on which the regions must have greater input. The public infrastructure of each region is utilized by all residents, regardless of legal status. Therefore, it is necessary that all those who reside in Atlasia pay their proper share of taxes.

-Regulation and criminalization of prostitution is an issue which the regional governments must determine individually.

-Environmental protection legislation should be decided upon by the regional governments.

-Educational policy and curricular content must be determined by the regions. In this way, Atlasian students will receive the most relevant instruction and attention to individual needs. The national government cannot provide this with a one size fits all educational plan.

-We believe in strong penalties for violent crime. The final decision on punishment of violent criminals must rest with the regions. The death penalty should be an option if a regional government determines such a measure is appropriate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: March 22, 2009, 10:44:16 AM »

Note to party members: I just copied/pasted the snipets we had worked out from myself, PiT, Smid, and Brandon.  If anyone objects it should be known soon.

BTW, I don't hear anymore "you're too secretive complaints" Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #697 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »

Although I am not a member of the RPP, I would very much value an endorsement by your party in the upcoming elections.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #698 on: March 22, 2009, 10:50:08 AM »

I recognize my preamble, and at least a little of the foreign policy section as mine Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #699 on: March 22, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »

Although I am not a member of the RPP, I would very much value an endorsement by your party in the upcoming elections.
Well obviously our first two preferences will go to myself and SPC as you can understand, but if you like to state a case as to why you are the right fit our party feel free to make your case for a 3rd preference (which if there is a surplus can come in handy)

Consider the following:
Are you are dedicated to keeping the regions and regional senators in tact?
Can we trust you will vote for the Council of Governors if it comes up for a vote?
What kind of allegiance to you have to your party members that despise the RPP such as Afletich, HappyWarrior, and Hashemite?
Where do you find major disagreements with our platform?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies