Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162627 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: March 22, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »

I recognize my preamble, and at least a little of the foreign policy section as mine Smiley
The preamble is you, but the foreign policy is copy/paste dead0man
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #701 on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

Thank you for posting this Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #702 on: March 22, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »

I recognize my preamble, and at least a little of the foreign policy section as mine Smiley

Yeah, you're right.  That first sentence looked like something I wrote, what with the support of democracies and what-not.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #703 on: March 22, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »

I make no illusions that I agree 100% with the RPP, but I do think I would make a strong third preference for the RPP.

I believe strongly in a separation between the federal and regional governments. I do support very strongly the maintenance of the regional Senate seats. I feel that the regions play an integral role in the development of Atlasia, especially new members.

However, I cannot guarantee my support for a CoG, nor will I reject fellow DA members such as afleitch, Hashemite, or HappyWarrior. This is because I feel as though a certain question has been missed in the build-up of tensions between federalists and region advocates: what are the regions really meant to do? My answer to this is that the regions must foster involvement, growth, and activity in Atlasia, something I do not see a CoG doing. In addition, the DA is largely made up of current officeholders, something I see as a result of their personal abilities to invoke passion by other members.

Thus, I tell you that no, we are not  perfect fit and my allegiances are to the DA. However, I see the regions as an integral part of Atlasian politics and I will never take actions to hinder the progress of the regions. Nor will I ever consider the federal agenda as separate from the regions. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #704 on: March 22, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »

Well, that wasn't so hard, was it?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #705 on: March 22, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

Hard? No
Necessary? No
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #706 on: March 22, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »

I make no illusions that I agree 100% with the RPP, but I do think I would make a strong third preference for the RPP.

I believe strongly in a separation between the federal and regional governments. I do support very strongly the maintenance of the regional Senate seats. I feel that the regions play an integral role in the development of Atlasia, especially new members.

However, I cannot guarantee my support for a CoG, nor will I reject fellow DA members such as afleitch, Hashemite, or HappyWarrior. This is because I feel as though a certain question has been missed in the build-up of tensions between federalists and region advocates: what are the regions really meant to do? My answer to this is that the regions must foster involvement, growth, and activity in Atlasia, something I do not see a CoG doing. In addition, the DA is largely made up of current officeholders, something I see as a result of their personal abilities to invoke passion by other members.

Thus, I tell you that no, we are not  perfect fit and my allegiances are to the DA. However, I see the regions as an integral part of Atlasian politics and I will never take actions to hinder the progress of the regions. Nor will I ever consider the federal agenda as separate from the regions. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

And just to clarify and prevent any confusion, I do not outright oppose the CoG. I just don't see it as a cure-all to the region vs. federal debate. What would be far more productive is an amendment I have proposed (and that will be sponsored) allowing for dual office-holding on the two levels of government to increase competitiveness and opportunity in regional elections.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #707 on: March 22, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »

And just to clarify and prevent any confusion, I do not outright oppose the CoG. I just don't see it as a cure-all to the region vs. federal debate. What would be far more productive is an amendment I have proposed (and that will be sponsored) allowing for dual office-holding on the two levels of government to increase competitiveness and opportunity in regional elections.

I haven't been paying attention to the convention, but I would expect that an alternative solution has been receiving more attention lately.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #708 on: March 22, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

Well with the Convention the hope is that all of these issues are resolved in ways we may not currently even consider. But DWTL asked so I was answering the question.

Feel free to ask my opinion on matters that mean more to you. I am unabashed in my pursuit of an RPP endorsement.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #709 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:36 AM »

Yeah, you're right.  That first sentence looked like something I wrote, what with the support of democracies and what-not.
Let's just say I borrowed heavily Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #710 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:13 AM »

I recognised my comments on taxation there! I recognise them, having initially stolen them from a couple of other sources...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »

Anyone wishing to object to the platform and call it to a full party vote has 72 hours to do so.  The motion must be 2nd by another member of the party
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2009, 07:11:39 PM »

Let's just say I borrowed heavily Smiley

Well, it is an excellent foreign policy platform.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »

I may consider becoming a member of the RPP, but I have a bone to pick with the platform. I don't believe that the legality of abortion should be decided by the regional government. Although I stand for the rights of states, I fimly believe that a fetus should not be terminated and any fetus that is should be a reason to put the executor behind bars.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »

I may consider becoming a member of the RPP, but I have a bone to pick with the platform. I don't believe that the legality of abortion should be decided by the regional government. Although I stand for the rights of states, I fimly believe that a fetus should not be terminated and any fetus that is should be a reason to put the executor behind bars.
I honestly don't think you are going to find a more conservative party.  We are the most conservative party by far
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »

We have a lot of pro-lifers in the RPP, so you should be fine.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

Not to mention leaving the issue up to the states is the most conservative position any party would take here. Due to the largely leftist composition of the forum, many parties would be unwilling to take any position to the right of full legalization in the first two trimesters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2009, 03:37:54 PM »

Not to mention leaving the issue up to the states is the most conservative position any party would take here. Due to the largely leftist composition of the forum, many parties would be unwilling to take any position to the right of full legalization in the first two trimesters.

I would be against any sort of legislation that would ban abortion myself.

But yes, this is as good as you'll get in Atlasia unless you form your own party, which isn't recommended.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »

Kinda sad, IMHO. Sad
persepolis

« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »

Yes, I have noticed that this forum is, for the most part, on the left. However, this party seems to be doing very well, all factors in consideration.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #720 on: March 26, 2009, 04:55:29 PM »

Yes, I have noticed that this forum is, for the most part, on the left. However, this party seems to be doing very well, all factors in consideration.

It helps that there are four liberal parties and only one conservative party. Wink
persepolis

« Reply #721 on: March 26, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

It helps that there are four liberal parties and only one conservative party. Wink

True, that.
persepolis

« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »

I have a question to the RPP in general. I see there is a national Senate election coming up. If I were to run, would I receive the support of the RPP, or would I be running against one of my own party? I know there are five nationally elected positions, but would it align with the party's goals that I run in this upcoming election?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »

I have a question to the RPP in general. I see there is a national Senate election coming up. If I were to run, would I receive the support of the RPP, or would I be running against one of my own party? I know there are five nationally elected positions, but would it align with the party's goals that I run in this upcoming election?
No offense to yourself, but the party has determined the ceiling for our party electing candidates in the nationwide election is 2, and myself and SPC have already declared our intentions to run for re-election.  You may consider moving to a region such as the Mideast to run for senate in the next regional elections.
persepolis

« Reply #724 on: March 26, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

No offense to yourself, but the party has determined the ceiling for our party electing candidates in the nationwide election is 2, and myself and SPC have already declared our intentions to run for re-election.  You may consider moving to a region such as the Mideast to run for senate in the next regional elections.

OK then. I will consider that. Why the ceiling of two, though?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies