Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162601 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: March 26, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »

I have a question to the RPP in general. I see there is a national Senate election coming up. If I were to run, would I receive the support of the RPP, or would I be running against one of my own party? I know there are five nationally elected positions, but would it align with the party's goals that I run in this upcoming election?
No offense to yourself, but the party has determined the ceiling for our party electing candidates in the nationwide election is 2, and myself and SPC have already declared our intentions to run for re-election.  You may consider moving to a region such as the Mideast to run for senate in the next regional elections.

OK then. I will consider that. Why the ceiling of two, though?

We ran two candidates in the last election and both of us barely won. Any more and we would have certainly lost.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #726 on: March 26, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »

I have a question to the RPP in general. I see there is a national Senate election coming up. If I were to run, would I receive the support of the RPP, or would I be running against one of my own party? I know there are five nationally elected positions, but would it align with the party's goals that I run in this upcoming election?
No offense to yourself, but the party has determined the ceiling for our party electing candidates in the nationwide election is 2, and myself and SPC have already declared our intentions to run for re-election.  You may consider moving to a region such as the Mideast to run for senate in the next regional elections.

OK then. I will consider that. Why the ceiling of two, though?

We ran two candidates in the last election and both of us barely won. Any more and we would have certainly lost.

I see. I guess you would not want to split the vote. However, if we could gain the support of some independents, we could afford to run a third candidate.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #727 on: March 26, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »

You'd have to take a look at the results of the previous election and understand the PR-STV system we use here. After that and looking at the voter rolls, it will make sense why we only run two candidates. (Of course if we get more right leaning persons involved in the game, we may be able to run more candidates in the future.)
persepolis

« Reply #728 on: March 26, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »

You'd have to take a look at the results of the previous election and understand the PR-STV system we use here. After that and looking at the voter rolls, it will make sense why we only run two candidates. (Of course if we get more right leaning persons involved in the game, we may be able to run more candidates in the future.)

Then that should be a goal of ours. I believe we have 6 Senators at the moment, but there is really very little chance we can improve on that, considering that the Pacific is a dead region to us, according to DWTL. I am willing to pitch in for recruitment, if necessary. Really, if we lose another Senator, we will no longer have a majority, making it more difficult to pass our agendas.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #729 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »

As I said when I last registered, I am currently an independent, though I may consider joining one of the major parties soon. As far as I know the RPP is the most right wing of the major parties (the only right wing major party in fact), but I have some beef with it, and not just with parts of the platform.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #730 on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »

How can so many people have beefs with our party when they've just joined Atlas?

We aren't here to cater to specific members. We are the premiere and only right leaning party in Atlas. If you want to stay as an independent, fine. No one is forcing you to join. We'd love for you all to join and help us out, but not if you're going to complain about it all the time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #731 on: March 26, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »

How can so many people have beefs with our party when they've just joined Atlas?

We aren't here to cater to specific members. We are the premiere and only right leaning party in Atlas. If you want to stay as an independent, fine. No one is forcing you to join. We'd love for you all to join and help us out, but not if you're going to complain about it all the time.

I suspect it's more like a beef with certain prominent members of the party.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #732 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:20 AM »

briNg bacK OGIS!!!!11
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #733 on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »

Who?  He gave both myself, SPC, and almost all our other candidates first preference
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #734 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »

Who?  He gave both myself, SPC, and almost all our other candidates first preference

He hates me & Duke IIRC.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »

He hates me & Duke IIRC.

Yes, because I am a "moderate liberal" as he likes to point out.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #736 on: March 27, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »

You can either have allies that agree with you on some issues or no allies at all. You won't get people that agree with you on every issue, especially if you are a right leaning individual.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #737 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2009, 08:00:05 PM by Senator PiT »

Figured I ought to update the map. Through Persepolis:

We now have 7 members in the Southeast, 5 in the Mideast, 3 in the Northeast, 3 in the Midwest, & 2 in the Pacific. We now have 20 members total. Hopefully we can gain a few more recruits soon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #738 on: March 29, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

That was current for all of half an hour. Tongue

We now have 7 members in the Southeast, 6 in the Mideast, 3 in the Northeast, 3 in the Midwest, & 2 in the Pacific. We now have 21 members. First time Kentucky has had a voter since I joined the forum. I think this means there's just three or four states left with no voters.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: March 29, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »

The most important number in that equation
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #740 on: March 29, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »

I think we should redouble our recruitment efforts in the Southeast, though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #741 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »

Just make sure to be smart about who you run in the Mideast Senate race against HW. As you know we tend to be an active region and not all that ideologically driven. The current Assembly and Governor have no had a single partisan struggle yet. And we tend to view HW favorably.

Just don't hurt your party image trying to get the seat.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »

We don't have competition in the Southeast for the most part, taking HW is going to require a few more votes IMHO
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: March 29, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

Just make sure to be smart about who you run in the Mideast Senate race against HW. As you know we tend to be an active region and not all that ideologically driven. The current Assembly and Governor have no had a single partisan struggle yet. And we tend to view HW favorably.

Well obviously Inks would be our ideal candidate, but I don't think he wants to leave the executive branch.  It would be harming the interests of our party if we did not try to go after this seat, the only regional seat we do not hold that we can conceivably hold.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »

Well obviously Inks would be our ideal candidate, but I don't think he wants to leave the executive branch.  It would be harming the interests of our party if we did not try to go after this seat, the only regional seat we do not hold that we can conceivably hold.

Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't try. But make sure to pick a candidate that is an active and recognized member of the region or you risk losing more than just a race there. And yeah, Inks would be your ideal candidate, but we love him as Governor and hope to keep him there.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »

I intend to vote for HW unless Inks challenges him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »

We don't have competition in the Southeast for the most part, taking HW is going to require a few more votes IMHO

However, the Southeast has shrunken in recent months while other regions have grown. We need to get more people (more active ones of course), or sparking activity becomes that much harder.
persepolis

« Reply #747 on: March 30, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »

Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't try. But make sure to pick a candidate that is an active and recognized member of the region or you risk losing more than just a race there. And yeah, Inks would be your ideal candidate, but we love him as Governor and hope to keep him there.

Well, I am a relatively new member, but I am sure that my running in any Senatorial election would not tarnish the reputation of the RPP. I am sure I can provide a new outlook on Atlasia and be a fresh face in Atlasian politics. Senator Realisticidealist was a very junior member when he ran and won his Senate race, and that only helped the JCP as a whole.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #748 on: March 30, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »

I'll decide soon if I want to run for another reelection or not. Right now I am consumed with school work and other activities, and I have been bad about being active. The Dirty South has shrunken in size recently, and I take responsibility for that. Come the beginning of May, I'll be out for the summer and my free time to run things will increase. It's just whether the Dirty South needs to go through another month of inactivity is the question.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #749 on: March 30, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »

I'll decide soon if I want to run for another reelection or not. Right now I am consumed with school work and other activities, and I have been bad about being active. The Dirty South has shrunken in size recently, and I take responsibility for that. Come the beginning of May, I'll be out for the summer and my free time to run things will increase. It's just whether the Dirty South needs to go through another month of inactivity is the question.

Couldn't you get the LT. Governor to step up and take some of the duties you do?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies