Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162634 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: July 26, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »

I think Purple State deserves the third preference endorsement. He's been pro-region on a number of issues, and he is generally willing to compromise with us.

He's generally willing to compromise on anything and everything. He's our own Stephen Douglas.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:42 PM »

I think Purple State deserves the third preference endorsement. He's been pro-region on a number of issues, and he is generally willing to compromise with us.

I am pro-region.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #877 on: July 26, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »

Of course. He helped us hold DWTL's seat back in June..... oh wait. I hope the JCP supports him in the general this time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #878 on: July 26, 2009, 10:53:20 PM »

I am pro-region.

In what manner?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #879 on: July 26, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »

Stunner. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #880 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »

Of course. He helped us hold DWTL's seat back in June..... oh wait. I hope the JCP supports him in the general this time.

I agree with this. The actions of both him & Hashemite at that juncture were disappointing to the utmost. For that matter, Franzl & afleitch happily enabled their cloak & dagger actions. For some reason I am not interested in seeing any of them win re-election.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #881 on: July 26, 2009, 11:01:51 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2009, 11:03:53 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

I agree with this. The actions of both him & Hashemite at that juncture were disappointing to the utmost. For that matter, Franzl & afleitch happily enabled their cloak & dagger actions. For some reason I am not interested in seeing any of them win re-election.

Forgive me for speaking on behalf of the DA or in their defense, but I thought the point of the DA was pragmatism and following, for the most part, individual ideologies that are only loosely connected with each other? (Socially liberal, for instance.) The idea, or the expectation, that the DA should fall lockstep in line with someone else sort of, in my view, goes against what I thought the Democratic Alliance stood for, and I'd be sorely disappointed if I saw them start rallying consistently behind RPP candidates, especially.

In short what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't expect the DA to fall in lockstep over Senate candidates, expecting that is unrealistic and I think hurts what the Democratic Alliance is.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #882 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »

I personally think you misrepresented the position of the DA to the RPP. Marokai was a more active member who contributed a great deal to this game. Duke seemed to provide an ultimatum: either vote me in and I'll be active for once or vote against me and I'll disappear forever.

I vote for who I believe has the most to contribute to the game. In that election it was Marokai. In the next it was DWTL over Fritz. It is against my nature to assume that my support for any one group is unwavering. The RPP has my support when it is appropriate, but not unconditionally.

I believe my credentials, both pro-region and in working with RPP members like NCYank on GM reform, show my true colors. It is up to your membership to decide if that is something you support.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #883 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »

Forgive me for speaking on behalf of the DA or in their defense, but I thought the point of the DA was pragmatism and following, for the most part, individual ideologies that are only loosely connected with each other? (Socially liberal, for instance.) The idea, or the expectation, that the DA should fall lockstep in line with someone else sort of, in my view, goes against what I thought the Democratic Alliance stood for, and I'd be sorely disappointed if I saw them start rallying consistently behind RPP candidates, especially.

In short what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't expect the DA to fall in lockstep over Senate candidates, expecting that is unrealistic and I think hurts what the Democratic Alliance is.

I'm guessing you don't know about the reports we received that Hashemite & Purple State leaned heavily on all DAers to vote for you (which came as a disappointment considering Duke's strong personal ties to a number of them, which he had been promised would translate into the bulk of their votes).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #884 on: July 26, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »

I personally think you misrepresented the position of the DA to the RPP. Marokai was a more active member who contributed a great deal to this game. Duke seemed to provide an ultimatum: either vote me in and I'll be active for once or vote against me and I'll disappear forever.

I vote for who I believe has the most to contribute to the game. In that election it was Marokai. In the next it was DWTL over Fritz. It is against my nature to assume that my support for any one group is unwavering. The RPP has my support when it is appropriate, but not unconditionally.

I believe my credentials, both pro-region and in working with RPP members like NCYank on GM reform, show my true colors. It is up to your membership to decide if that is something you support.

This has nothing to do with what I said. I heard that you & Hashemite engineered a plot to have the DA to fall in line behind Marokai (despite the inconclusive results of the endorsement vote). Everything that I heard & saw at that time seems to strongly back up that theory. I don't appreciate that, just a heads up. Wink
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #885 on: July 26, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »

I'm guessing you don't know about the reports we received that Hashemite & Purple State leaned heavily on all DAers to vote for you (which came as a disappointment considering Duke's strong personal ties to a number of them, which he had been promised would translate into the bulk of their votes).
keep in mind this is an online game. And you should not rely on someone just cause of the personal ties. You are asking people to vote for someone cause of what they stand for and how active they are. not personal ties.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »

Perhaps I'm not as loyal to my party as my fellow RPPers, but I personally would love to see both afleitch and Purple State reelected (assuming, of course, that Ronan and/or SPC win too).

Look, as much as I'd have loved to see Duke win, I have a great deal of respect for independently-minded people, and so I cannot hate them for not backing him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #887 on: July 26, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

Perhaps I'm not as loyal to my party as my fellow RPPers, but I personally would love to see both afleitch and Purple State reelected (assuming, of course, that Ronan and/or SPC win too).

Look, as much as I'd have loved to see Duke win, I have a great deal of respect for independently-minded people, and so I cannot hate them for not backing him.

I don't take issue with them for that. I take issue with them for going out & leaning on all their party members to vote for a candidate that they had not even endorsed.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #888 on: July 26, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »

I don't take issue with them for that. I take issue with them for going out & leaning on all their party members to vote for a candidate that they had not even endorsed.

It does not matter if a party does not endorse a candidate. They just voted. get over it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #889 on: July 26, 2009, 11:21:14 PM »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #890 on: July 26, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2009, 11:29:41 PM by Vice-Chairman PiT »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) had said that they were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2009, 11:33:58 PM »

I am pro-region.

In what manner?
'

I support the Midwest's right to have a silly name.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.

I understand both your misgivings and your frustration, but I will say for all to see that I have never pressured a member, DA or otherwise, into voting the way I wanted them to. That is the true message of the DA. I know it is hard to imagine, as the major parties in Atlasia are quite expert at simply providing ballots to their voters and mobilizing them as the leadership chooses, but I do not function in that way. I do not mobilize members, I do not pressure members.

I can't speak for everyone in my party. Nor can I say that members of other parties did not successfully lobby DA members. We have a variance of ideologies, stances and beliefs and are open to members bucking party line. Understand that the DA is a new sort of party and we hold that very dear. The conventional wisdom does not hold with me.

Like last election, I do seek the endorsement of the RPP. My credentials speak for themselves. I believe it is a mistake to let rumors and conventional assumptions hold you back from voting according to your beliefs, but that is up to you and your membership.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2009, 12:23:41 AM »

I am pro-region.

In what manner?
'

I support the Midwest's right to have a silly name.

You, sir, are a good man.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2009, 06:22:16 AM »

PiT really ought to get better sources.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »

Right to cut through this -

On the matter of the Fritz vote, recall that DWTL had only recently returned after a period of absence which had resulted in him loosing his Senate seat. There was always going to be a reluctance to re-elect him after such a short period of time; a period of absense can be beneficial. There was no co-ordinated effort to ensure that the DA voted one way or the other; remember that in the Presidential race we split between both candidates and without that the race wouldn't have been close.

Secondly, I see no harm in stressing my record Smiley If the RPP is about economic conservatism then I would ask you to remember I've cut tax twice in two bills and I hope to do so for a third time. If it's about regionalism, then to my knowledge I'm the only Senator who has specifically mentioned the regions in two bills; the first given them control over the SEDZ's and secondly through an amendment to the Health Care bill to give region based boards control over health spending and prioritising.

If these things matter, then I hope you would consider giving me a little of your support.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #896 on: July 27, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »

For references, let us just how friendly Afleitch was to the RPP in the last election:

[1] Afleitch
[2] Franzl
[3] Purple State
[4] Bacon King
[5] Lief
[6] SPC
[7] DWTL

7 candidates, our 2 preferenced last behind a lot of liberal candidates.  How conservative of him.  Guys, it seems like every election cycle he comes to us claiming to a "conservative" and wanting to work with our party.  Yet every time its a load of empty promises that he does not keep.  I must admit that many times I have taken him up on his offer and tried to work with him, but every time he works as hard as possible to screw our party, not even for the benefit of his party, for the benefits of those who truly hate our party like Al and Earl.  If we 3rd preference anyone, it has to be Franzl or PurpleState
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #897 on: July 27, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) had said that they were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Correct. This is water under the bridge now, but I was informed by two DA members that they were pushed hard to vote Marokai ahead of me. The others that voted to endorse me at the convention gave into the demands. It is really hard for PS to claim otherwise. It was hardly as simple as "I announced my endorsement and that was that." If you had noticed, you did that and I still had the most votes during the convention after your announcement. It was when the voting booth opened that I began getting third preferences from nearly all of them sans a few loyal folks.

All I am saying is that you may work with us, and that is true, but only when you expect us to get you reelected. So all I am saying is that I hope the JCP is kind to you, because you certainly stuck your neck out there for them back in June.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #898 on: July 27, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »

For references, let us just how friendly Afleitch was to the RPP in the last election:

[1] Afleitch
[2] Franzl
[3] Purple State
[4] Bacon King
[5] Lief
[6] SPC
[7] DWTL

7 candidates, our 2 preferenced last behind a lot of liberal candidates.  How conservative of him.  Guys, it seems like every election cycle he comes to us claiming to a "conservative" and wanting to work with our party.  Yet every time its a load of empty promises that he does not keep.  I must admit that many times I have taken him up on his offer and tried to work with him, but every time he works as hard as possible to screw our party, not even for the benefit of his party, for the benefits of those who truly hate our party like Al and Earl.  If we 3rd preference anyone, it has to be Franzl or PurpleState

Remember that this vote came on the back of not being endorsed by the RPP despite campaigning to do so. I don't see a 'backlash' at that time as entirely unreasonable. I also voted for PiT in the presidential race, which was the 'last election' (federally) that I voted in!

For the record, what were PS and Franzls votes in that election?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #899 on: July 27, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2009, 10:53:01 AM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

My party is doing an excellent job of alienating moderates, keep  up the good work. We'll win two seats now for sure. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies