Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162578 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: July 27, 2009, 10:52:28 AM »

My party is doing an excellent job of alienating moderates, keep it up the good work. We'll win two seats now for sure. Roll Eyes

That's what it was designed to do, don't you know?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #901 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) had said that they were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.

Correct. This is water under the bridge now, but I was informed by two DA members that they were pushed hard to vote Marokai ahead of me. The others that voted to endorse me at the convention gave into the demands. It is really hard for PS to claim otherwise. It was hardly as simple as "I announced my endorsement and that was that." If you had noticed, you did that and I still had the most votes during the convention after your announcement. It was when the voting booth opened that I began getting third preferences from nearly all of them sans a few loyal folks.

All I am saying is that you may work with us, and that is true, but only when you expect us to get you reelected. So all I am saying is that I hope the JCP is kind to you, because you certainly stuck your neck out there for them back in June.

Are you saying that I am lying? I have stated and will state again that never have I pressured a member of the DA to vote in any specific way. I announce my endorsement, I vote in the public polls and make my opinion known, but I reject party leaders leaning on members to vote as the leaders want.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) had said that they were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.

Correct. This is water under the bridge now, but I was informed by two DA members that they were pushed hard to vote Marokai ahead of me. The others that voted to endorse me at the convention gave into the demands. It is really hard for PS to claim otherwise. It was hardly as simple as "I announced my endorsement and that was that." If you had noticed, you did that and I still had the most votes during the convention after your announcement. It was when the voting booth opened that I began getting third preferences from nearly all of them sans a few loyal folks.

All I am saying is that you may work with us, and that is true, but only when you expect us to get you reelected. So all I am saying is that I hope the JCP is kind to you, because you certainly stuck your neck out there for them back in June.

Are you saying that I am lying? I have stated and will state again that never have I pressured a member of the DA to vote in any specific way. I announce my endorsement, I vote in the public polls and make my opinion known, but I reject party leaders leaning on members to vote as the leaders want.

I am not saying you are lying. I am simply stating what I was told by two of your party members. They said there was a lot of pressure applied behind the scenes to vote for Marokai over me. Your name was mentioned. It was strange that people who promised me second preferences behind Gustaf and others who voted for me in the convention AFTER you made your announcement suddenly voted for Marokai. I'm not saying you are lying. I am just calling it like I heard and saw. Either that, or Marokai played dirty like he did with Bayh and tried to throw the election by making some sort of promise. I have no proof or belief that happened because I heard otherwise.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #903 on: July 27, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »

My endorsement may very well have been the impetus behind people changing their minds on a vote. I do hope my endorsements have some meaning and I will not deny that I ensured that there were no doubts on where I stood, but I did not privately or publicly pressure individual members of the DA to vote a specific way.

I would be happy to continue this discussion in greater detail in private. I just thought I should make it quite clear that, regardless of what some members of the RPP may think, I have been nothing but an honest broker with your party and Atlasians in general.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Oh.

On a lighter note, Happy 1st Birthday...whenever that is...I'm sure its in the next few weeks or so. Or it may have been! Hey ho!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

Oh.

On a lighter note, Happy 1st Birthday...whenever that is...I'm sure its in the next few weeks or so. Or it may have been! Hey ho!

August 7th. Thanks for the birthday greetings, though. On a side note, yesterday would have been the SDP's 1st birthday, were it still around.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #906 on: July 28, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »

Membership: 2
Trolls-and-or-Frauds: 2

lol

joke party

BUMP and a lolz
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #907 on: July 28, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

Funny that this may have been the event that changed Atlasian politics. I doubt anyone a year ago would have predicted a United Right, a United Left, and a United Center.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #908 on: July 28, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

Funny that this may have been the event that changed Atlasian politics. I doubt anyone a year ago would have predicted a United Right, a United Left, and a United Center.
I think Atlasian politics changes violenty and rapidly.  I don't know how long a unified left, right, and center can last.  The unified right should last awhile because we know how to run a party and accomedate all our members, the question is whether the other two can do the same.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: July 29, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »

Statement on Statements

I forgot that I used to issue statements and I have stopped, so I now am issuing a statement to announce the return of statements.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #910 on: July 29, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »

Updated map showing where we have members. We now have 9 members in the Southeast, 7 in the Mideast, 7 in the Midwest, 5 in the Northeast, & 4 in the Pacific.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #911 on: July 29, 2009, 03:40:32 PM »

We are becoming too spread out, as I noted we need to return to our DS roots more.  We've haven't recruited a member in the DS in an amount of time I cannot remember
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #912 on: July 29, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

Updated map showing where we have members. We now have 9 members in the Southeast, 7 in the Mideast, 7 in the Midwest, 5 in the Northeast, & 4 in the Pacific.

Add another one in the Mideast, my good man.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #913 on: July 29, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »

Add another one in the Mideast, my good man.

Yes, now it's 8 in the Mideast. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #914 on: July 29, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

We are becoming too spread out, as I noted we need to return to our DS roots more.  We've haven't recruited a member in the DS in an amount of time I cannot remember
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #915 on: July 29, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »

I've been trying to say that for months now. What good is virtually owning a region if you don't use the chance to initiate new members? We've taken advantage of the opportunity with NC Yankee, Daniel Adams, & that's kind of it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: July 29, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »

What good is virtually owning a region...

You don't see anything wrong with this?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #917 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »

What good is virtually owning a region...

You don't see anything wrong with this?
What's wrong with it?  The JCP owns the Pacific.  Just because you are jealous does not mean it is a bad thing.  Its not like states in America aren't dominated by one party at times.  We certainly welcome all to participate and the minority sometimes has their way (see the assembly defeat for now).  We certainly could have done things like removed Dibble from magistrate, but we didn't do that because that would have been absurd.  Other than keeping the Governor's Plantation and the senate seat, our domination isn't something sinister
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: July 29, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »

You didn't do that because you couldn't. Don't lie.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #919 on: July 29, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »

You didn't do that because you couldn't. Don't lie.
No, we honestly could have removed Dibble and it was floated around as an idea when we first took control.  However, we felt it would not have been in our best interest and he did not do anything to deserve the ax. 

We could simply recalled him with 6 RPP signatures and a simply majority vote.  Duke also could have appointed someone new to be approved by the voters at the next election.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #920 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »

Appointment of Dean

I just realized that I had never officially appointed a "party dean".  According to our posted by-laws, the dean of the party is responsible for settling a dispute that arises between the chair and the vice-chair.  It is with great honor that I formally appoint, in public, BrandonH as the dean of the RPP.

Re-Appointment of Regional Chairs

As per my job as chairman, I am required to appoint regional chairs to help with recruiting in GOTV efforts in each region.  Since there has been some confusion as to who chairs what region, I would like to formally reappoint all our regional chairs:

Northeast: RowanBrandon
Mideast: Tmthforu94
Midwest: dead0man
Pacific: Ronnie
Southeast: Daniel Adams

If any of these regional chairs feel that someone better would be suited for the job, feel free to post so or let me know in a PM so I can get a new regional chair.  It is important to our growth as a party that we continue to spread across every region
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #921 on: August 02, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »

Statement on Pacific Lt. Gov. Race

The RPP offers it full endorsement to Alexander Hamilton in his bid for Lt. Gov.

Statement on Free Trade Agreements

The RPP supports any and all free trade agreements much to the chagrin of Fmr. Gov. BenConstine
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: August 03, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

One year anniversary party on Friday!!  We will be celebrating I'm just not sure how Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #923 on: August 03, 2009, 05:48:18 PM »

One year anniversary party on Friday!!  We will be celebrating I'm just not sure how Smiley

A lot of anniversaries are coming up. On Wednesday it will be One year since I decided to darken the halls of the forum.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: August 03, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »

A lot of anniversaries are coming up. On Wednesday it will be One year since I decided to darken the halls of the forum.
Come to think of it, today is 3 yrs since I did the same Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies