Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 162556 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 07:24:22 PM »

The UAC disavows all ties with the new secessionist party and would like to remind said party that the UAC favors legal, multilateral dissolution of the federal government, not unilateral secession.

There is nothing in the Atlasian Constitution prohibition secession, and all powers not given to the Atlasian government are given to the people. Thus, the secession is legal.

Stop being a damn broken record. Colin's sufficiently debunked your argument.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

The UAC disavows all ties with the new secessionist party and would like to remind said party that the UAC favors legal, multilateral dissolution of the federal government, not unilateral secession.

There is nothing in the Atlasian Constitution prohibition secession, and all powers not given to the Atlasian government are given to the people. Thus, the secession is legal.

Stop being a damn broken record. Colin's sufficiently debunked your argument.

Please show me this argument.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »

At your service:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
7 Aug 2008, The White House

The President continues to monitor the situation in the Southeast and its impending secession vote.  It has been and remains the position of the White House that it is of the highest priority that our union be preserved.

Even if the union is not consentual? Any contract that prohibits one party from exiting that contract is a slave contract. Do you wish to be the president of slaves?

The union was never consentual. The regions were created out of thin air after the creation of the federal government, by the federal government, and enshrined in the first constitution. This is not the United States, the regions did not come together to form a nation, the federal structure formed first and then bequethed the regions as defined sub-national entities. There was no consentual compact since they were created by fiat of the Federal Government and the first Constitutional Convention and did not exist prior to the existance of this Federal Government.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since I have already pointed out the constitutional

There are none. StatesRights v. Atlasia already dismisses the idea that regions have the power to nullify legislation and that they must submit to the legislation enacted by the Senate as long as it's constitutional. If the regional seats are done away with through normal constitutional amendment procedure and the South then nullifies that law and seceeds they are going against a previous Supreme Court ruling. Unlike the United States, you cannot make the argument that the Supreme Court does not hold the power of judicial review, since this stems from the judicial powers given to it in Article III of the Constitution including the power to nullify and void legislation.

What the hell does this mean? Most of the people in the Southeast aren't even Southerners in real life but play Southerners, a land of Northerners who like to affix a drawl and long for the day when some romanticized version of the South will rise again. The Southeast, as a completely artificial creation, has no more history than the beginnings of this nation.

There are no moral reasons. This is a game and you are acting like me when I used to play Monopoly when I was little. If I was going bankrupt I would always try to kick and scream until I got my way. The Southeast is attempting to do the same now, extorting the federal government and the citizens of the other regions so that something they don't like isn't enacted. That's about as moral as 8 year old me's tantrums over the rent on Park Place.

The Supreme Court ruling Sam Spade v. Porce concluded that executive power is only limited by the Constitution itself. As long as the President does not actively violate the Constitution he can do whatever he likes, in essence. There is no stated set of powers for the executive but it is stated that he has them. Therefore the Senate concluded that the Presidential powers are not limited by anything more than the Constitutional limits set on all actions and legislation. As the Constitution does not explicitly state that regions have the right to secession than, under the Sam Spade v. Porce ruling, he has the power to stop secession, if he so chooses.

According to Wikipedia's law entry for treason, the legal definition for treason is:
"...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]."

We have no intent to overthrow the government of Atlasia, we just would like to leave it on our own terms, a victimless crime. We have no intent to make war against the government of Atlasia, we have sought peace. We also have no intention of injuring the nation, as we hope that Atlasian life continues on even when we are our own republic. Also, even if we were to assume that the secessionists we doing any of thse things, it still would not constitute treason, as the Southeast is a regional government, not a foreign government.[/quote]

It will constitute treason if the President attempts to, under the powers that he was shown to have under the ruling Sam Spade v. Porce and as Commander-in-Chief of Atlasia, subdue the secession and you attempt to resist. I would say resisting the orders of the President to cease what you are currently doing would constitute treason in Atlasia since we are not a physical entity we cannot take up physical arms against the government but only either pretend to do so, through RPing, or by acting refusing to acknowledge the orders of that government. You of course aren't looking at the relevant text at all, when was the last time Atlasian law was determined by Wikipedia for Christ's sake, you need to look at the afformentioned Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.

How about the small minority in Nyman that wishes to abolish regional senate elections?[/quote]

If it is such a small number, as you suggest, why the theatrics? If it is such a small number it is unlikely to get pass the Senate and even more unlikely to pass in the required number of regions. If it is such a small minority why bother this nation with your antics and just let the normal democratic course play out?

You can do that by voting against the amendment. It's within every citizens rights, and indeed duty, to take a stand on the subject and vote accordingly and then to either live with the result of those votes or attempt to change them through democratic means.

Because I'll bet you about 6 people will vote in this upcoming election. You, DWTL, PiT, Duke, Brandon, and somebody else, maybe Bacon King. The four of you will vote for it with probably two or three against. The motion will pass with roughly 4 out of the 22 or so Southeast residents. That definitely sounds like both a minority and an infringement upon the rights of the 18 or so people who don't want to seceed and what to remain a part of Atlasia.

Joke secessions by one person, one of them ended it quickly and moved to the Mideast. The other is Andy Jackson. Neither of which has been supported by either myself, the President, or anyone in government.

There is no Atlasian Union there is the Atlasian state. In reality we are a singular entity that, back in 2004, we decided to carve up into 5 arbitrary regions in order to simulate states. Atlasia has been a country of faux-federalism, unlike a normal federal republic where the states were independent entities prior to federation, in Atlasia the regions did not exist until the after the federal government and were only create and codified in the first constitution, which was a federal entity.
[/quote]
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

Also I don't want to hear SPC talking like he knows the fucking Constitution. Atlasia's Constitution is not America's and his knowledge of it is probably a hell of alot less than mine. We aren't debating the meaning of phrases written down 200 years ago, these were written three years ago, mostly by Peter Bell with some input and advice from myself, Ernest, Al, and a few others. I also served nearly a year on the Supreme Court, 3 months of that as Chief Justice. I think I know what the hell I'm talking about.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »

What do you win? This is a damn computer simulation. We can just set up a loyal Southeastern government.

And what constitutional authority would the Atlasian government have to do that?

None whatsoever, of course. Just as when we made the same error (of setting up regional governments, then pretending they were genuine federal entities that came together to set up Atlasia) the first time.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »

Also I don't want to hear SPC talking like he knows the fucking Constitution. Atlasia's Constitution is not America's and his knowledge of it is probably a hell of alot less than mine. We aren't debating the meaning of phrases written down 200 years ago, these were written three years ago, mostly by Peter Bell with some input and advice from myself, Ernest, Al, and a few others. I also served nearly a year on the Supreme Court, 3 months of that as Chief Justice. I think I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Sorry, Colin. I was not aware that participating in a game earlier makes one more literate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »

Sorry, Colin. I was not aware that participating in a game earlier makes one more literate.

No, but writing the fucking Constitution does. Crazy ass libertarians, now I know why I couldn't stand Ron Paul and his fanboys after a while.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »

I move that we change the party name to the Regional Preservation Party (gotta use the old acronyms Smiley)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »

I move that we change the party name to the Regional Preservation Party (gotta use the old acronyms Smiley)

I would rather change it to Allied Atlasian Rightist Party -- AARP for short.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 07:52:41 PM »

Tread lightly - the old folks would get quite angry at you stealing their acronym.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »

Tread lightly - the old folks would get quite angry at you stealing their acronym.

Indeed. I was going for something self-satirizing with the acronym, since the stereotype of conservative Republicans is a bunch of angry, old people.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »

I recently noticed that the amendment at dispute has moved to the Senate floor. I'll be closely following the proceedings.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »

After further consideration, we will be dropping secession from both the name and party platform.  We will simply be pushing for regional rights
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

After further consideration, we will be dropping secession from both the name and party platform.  We will simply be pushing for regional rights

So all of you are going to re-register as the Southern Party?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »

The new name and any new membership is still being discussed
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 05:06:57 PM »

The new name and any new membership is still being discussed

So far, we have gotten three suggestions:

Regional Protection Party (RPP)
Allied Atlasian Rightist Party (AARP)
Atlasian Tea Party (ATP)

As party whip, I'm in charge of recruiting members. This is also a nationwide act from now on. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »

I personally like Regional Protection Party because I regret never joining the Ron Paul Party.  I could also go for something a bit more out there, perhaps Regions Ending Get Insane Crazy Idiots Dumbasses Excited (REGICIDE) Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »

I personally like Regional Protection Party because I regret never joining the Ron Paul Party.  I could also go for something a bit more out there, perhaps Regions Ending Get Insane Crazy Idiots Dumbasses Excited (REGICIDE) Smiley

I notified several fellow right-wingers about the change in platform. Perhaps when they join, we can hold a referendum on a new name.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »

That made no sense.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 12:39:11 AM »

That made no sense.

It's not supposed to make sense. Smiley Though I have a strong feeling that I am the only one who takes this party seriously. If you'll notice, neither Governor Duke nor any of the other people I invited has re-registered yet. Sad

Maybe getting a new name is more important than I had previously thought.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2008, 12:54:41 AM »

I just joined. I was being a lazy bum is my only excuse for not reregistering sooner.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »

I just joined. I was being a lazy bum is my only excuse for not reregistering sooner.

Yes! Now we only need one more person & then we'll be recognized as a major party! Of the nine people I contacted, four have shown interest in joining so far.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »

After discussing it over with some members, in order to help boost our cause and membership we are renaming to the Regional Protection Party
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »

Once a few more members join we will elect a chair, vice-chair and vote on the following platform planks:

1.) The Regional Protection Party supports the continuation of regional senate elections
2.) The Regional Protection Party opposes efforts to expand the federal government
3.) The Regional Protection Party supports the return of a GM
4.) The Regional Protection Party supports term limits on Supreme Court justices

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Hmm... I support all but number 2...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies