Emo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:03:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Emo  (Read 2527 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 04:40:15 AM »

ahhh so it's like when punks get pissed off when regular people call bands like Blink 182 "punk"?  Only more whiney?

early blink and even some later blink was unarguably punk.  the last album really wasn't. 
Pop punk...at best.  Sadly they sold out to MTV like just any other Rage Against the Machine or Metallica.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »

ahhh so it's like when punks get pissed off when regular people call bands like Blink 182 "punk"?  Only more whiney?

early blink and even some later blink was unarguably punk.  the last album really wasn't. 
Pop punk...at best.  Sadly they sold out to MTV like just any other Rage Against the Machine or Metallica.

"pop punk" can still be punk.  basically all of Cheshire Cat plus tracks after that like "Apple Shampoo" and "The Party Song" are punk, without argument, among others.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 08:03:51 AM »

Sure.  And that's why I liked them.  But it still pisses "real" punks off when people call them "punk".  You'd get your ass kicked if you wore a Blink 182 shirt to a, say, Pennywise show.  Even if it was a Buddha shirt.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »

Sure.  And that's why I liked them.  But it still pisses "real" punks off when people call them "punk".  You'd get your ass kicked if you wore a Blink 182 shirt to a, say, Pennywise show.  Even if it was a Buddha shirt.

Not anymore. It actually became cool to like Blink 182 about 4-5 years ago, then it became "ironic" and thus it was then acceptable and cool.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »

Not anymore. It actually became cool to like Blink 182 about 4-5 years ago, then it became "ironic" and thus it was then acceptable and cool.

This being why you are all a bunch of wankers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

Aye, that would seem to make sense.  I still wouldn't wear one out in public.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies