Southeastern Unionist League
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeastern Unionist League
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Southeastern Unionist League  (Read 2226 times)
Left-Wing Blogger
Cookies and Milk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »

To counteract the dangerous sentiment now rampant in the Southeast, I am establishing a Southeastern Unionist League, to support the continued existence of the Southeast within Atlasia.

The League is not a party; it is open to Southeasterners of any party except for the Secessionists. I hope to win its endorsement for Governor.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »

Part of me wants Duke to just put up the ballot box so we know whether or not this is really the crisis it's been built up as.  If secession fails, all this to-do will have been for nothing.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »

Part of me wants Duke to just put up the ballot box so we know whether or not this is really the crisis it's been built up as.  If secession fails, all this to-do will have been for nothing.
That ballot has little to do with secession, the one that decides whether we secede or not has awhile until it comes.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »

That ballot has little to do with secession, the one that decides whether we secede or not has awhile until it comes.

Though if this ballot fails, secession will become that much harder.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

I will join this thing.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »

Having renounced your Southeast citizenship, your vote will still not be counted in the upcoming intiative election
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »

Having renounced your Southeast citizenship, your vote will still not be counted in the upcoming intiative election

Learn to read: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=80482.0
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »

I can read, doesn't get rid of your past statements.  The Dirty South will continue to do whatever it pleases.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

I can read, doesn't get rid of your past statements.  The Dirty South will continue to do whatever it pleases.

You can expect a court challenge on the basis of preventing a citizen of the Southeast from voting. This is clearly unconstitutional, as I am now a citizen of Southeast like you and your pals.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »

You can expect a court challenge on the basis of preventing a citizen of the Southeast from voting. This is clearly unconstitutional, as I am now a citizen of Southeast like you and your pals.
As you may have noticed, we really don't care about "constitutional" of the unjust federal government
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2008, 04:35:32 PM by PPT Colin Wixted »

As you may have noticed, we really don't care about "constitutional" of the unjust federal government

Nullification of a federal court ruling is obviously completely illegal, and has been shown to be so. While your libertarian fringe and PiT can continue to argue about the legality of secession there is no possible way that what you suggest would be legal.

Hashemite, according to the SoFA, is a legal resident of the Southeast, therefore the government must count his vote in regional matters. If it doesn't than Hashemite could easily sue you and make you count the vote. If you refuse to acknowledge the ruling you have actively violated the law and criminal charges could be filed. The federal government would then have the authority to force the Southeast to recognize the ruling.

This is what happened in Southeast Nullification Crisis. StatesRights, the governor, and Jake, the CJO, nullified a section of the Constitution and a law passed by the Senate. The people of the Southeast, led by Harry, then began a recall petition. This petition was not recognized by Governor StatesRights and CJO Jake refused to certify the recall petition. This eventually forced the government to step in and States backed down.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »

I'm not even talking about federal. I'm talking about the Southeast constitution.

And since John Dibble isn't a part of your cronies, I expect a semblance of fair justice in this otherwise dictatorial state.
Left-Wing Blogger
Cookies and Milk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »

Or, at least, until I am elected Governor in a few weeks. I am confident that I will have the backing of the law and the Administration.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

And since John Dibble isn't a part of your cronies, I expect a semblance of fair justice in this otherwise dictatorial state.

Fortunately.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 05:13:42 PM »

That reminds me, Duke didn't post his new appointments yet?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »

Oh, what the hell. It's time for another recall.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »

Why a recall?  Duke can appoint a new magistrate whenever he pleases
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »

So that we can get a different Governor. And Lieutenant Governor.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 05:19:51 PM »

We?  You are part of the Dirty South now?  I think I may have finally found the reason why this game is getting so dull
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 05:21:21 PM »

We?  You are part of the Dirty South now?  I think I may have finally found the reason why this game is getting so dull

No, I meant "we" as in Atlasia.

What may the reason be?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »

I knew the end of democratic institutions was coming soon.

Hopefully the vote won't be rigged.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

Rigged?  No it won't be rigged.  We have no interest in ending Democracy, we want to spread it.  Its kind of funny how threatened everyone feels that there is such a need to villify us when the ones that should be villified are those trying to seize power from the people.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »

Rigged?  No it won't be rigged.  We have no interest in ending Democracy, we want to spread it.  Its kind of funny how threatened everyone feels that there is such a need to villify us when the ones that should be villified are those trying to seize power from the people.

You want to expand democracy? How about letting your own citizens at home vote first and keep the only remnant of a democratic region in as Chief Magistrate?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »

You want to expand democracy? How about letting your own citizens at home vote first and keep the only remnant of a democratic region in as Chief Magistrate?
So far the only one that has left anywhere is you and Andy Jackson.  Neither myself, Duke, SPC, or PiT is has done anything that is undemocratic.  Undemocratic would be not letting regions have their own senators or not holding a vote on secession.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »

So far the only one that has left anywhere is you and Andy Jackson.  Neither myself, Duke, SPC, or PiT is has done anything that is undemocratic.  Undemocratic would be not letting regions have their own senators or not holding a vote on secession.

Is that an answer to my post or a random thought out of nowhere?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies