Impact of Russian attack on Georgia on American Presidential election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:08:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Impact of Russian attack on Georgia on American Presidential election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Impact of Russian attack on Georgia on American Presidential election  (Read 5120 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 02:39:35 AM »

Regarding the missile supply issue, Carl Hayden, I wonder if it could be done discretely -  wasn't it done secretly in Afghanistan or through third parties?

I'd support this idea if it could be done without raising too many other problems.

First, no need to hide supplying the missles to Georgia.  The Russians would find out about it anyway, and the knowledge would discourage them from another attack knowing that it would probably fail (embarassing) and significantly deplete their tank/aircraft supply.

Second, the move Charlie Wilson's war was reasonably accurate.

Third, as the Georgians would love to have these resources, and are in pretty good financial situation, they would buy them, improving the U.S. balance of trade.  Indeed, it might well encourage other nations bordering Russia to buy such supplies from us to discourage the Russians from attacking them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »

My timeline hasn't changed. I asked you to give an example of Russian aggression against Alaska in the last 150 years. You haven't provided one, have you?

I never denied Russian imperialism. I denied that it would extend to Alaska.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

My timeline hasn't changed. I asked you to give an example of Russian aggression against Alaska in the last 150 years. You haven't provided one, have you?

I never denied Russian imperialism. I denied that it would extend to Alaska.

Actually, what you said was (in Post #38 on August 11, 2208, 11:12:02 p.m.) was:

"It has been centuries since the bear looked east.  If there was a movement, we would've seen it in the last 150 years."

You never asked for an example, and I never alledged, that there has yet been Russian agression against Alaska since its acquisition by the United States by purchase/treaty.

However, I did provide several examples of where there had been Russian agression in the east in the past 150 years.

You really should review what was actually said, before making allegations which are not only contrafactual, but simply absurd!  In other words, try to keep your changing story from totally contradicting the established record.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »

I would agree with that, Carl....but it appears that the war has stopped for now. Though who knows what will actually happen.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

If Russia reclaims Alaska, I hope they at least take Hawaii as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies