Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 03:03:41 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  ATTN Governors: An Amendment has Passed the Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: ATTN Governors: An Amendment has Passed the Senate  (Read 5122 times)
Colin
ColinW
YaBB God
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 11:27:57 pm »
Ignore

The Amendment [to be determined] to the Constitution has passed the Senate. I would appreciate it if the Governors began their votes as soon as possible.

"God protects fools, drunks, and the United States of America" - Otto Von Bismarck

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

Quote from: Conservapedia
Thanks to Bryan's victory in the Scopes trial, Tennessee voters have been educated without oppressive evolution theory for 75 years. Free from the liberal indoctrination, Tennessee voted against native son Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential election.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:57:27 am »
Ignore

Don't you think it might be time to determine it? Tongue

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:40:47 pm »
Ignore

This is what I think was voted on:

Amendment to the Atlasian Constitution to  Preserve and Protect a Republican form of government for the Regions of Atlasia:

Be it resolved that:

The constitution of Atlasia be amended by insertion of the following text as Article IV, Section 1, Clause 5.

"The President is empowered to direct the Secretary of Forum Affairs  (i) to conduct elections for office or vote on referenda or the ratification of constitutional amendments within the regions of Atlasia in such instances where  the regional authority responsible for doing so fails to open a voting booth to conduct such elections for office or vote on  referenda or constitutional amendment  within 72 hours after the earliest legally specified time for doing so, and (ii) in instances where such a regional voting booth has been opened,  to close such voting booth and/or certify any vote result thereof if such regional authority fails to so act as otherwise required by law."

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:54:18 pm »
Ignore

I urge all supporters of regional rights to vote against this seizure of power by the federal government

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:37:06 am »
Ignore

So, does this mean the SoFA can step in and conduct regional referenda and amendments to the regional Constitutions, or just on federal votes?

Renew our Democracy!
IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:44:15 am »
Ignore

So, does this mean the SoFA can step in and conduct regional referenda and amendments to the regional Constitutions, or just on federal votes?

I would assume it includes regional votes since it does not specify what sorts of elections & referenda.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 08:04:16 am »
Ignore

Regional votes as well.  I am postitive because I proposed an amendment that it could only deal with federal elections and it was voted down.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:20:09 am »
Ignore

At this point it looks destin to fail in the Southeast/Dirty South Smiley

Currently Tally is 1 in favor 5 opposed, with SPC certain to vote no

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 09:38:26 am »
Ignore

It's going to come down to the whims of the underpopulated Midwest.

Snowstalker   mikado is content with only questions
23:03   Snowstalker   questions never helped anyone
23:03   Snowstalker   only answers
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:24 am »
Ignore

The amendment empowers the SoFA to intervene in those situations, but only in cases where a vote on something would be required by regional law, and in cases where said law has been ignored for a minimum of 72 hours.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 12:13:31 pm »
Ignore

It currently stands at 1-2 in the Midwest. It seems though that governors really hate this amendment. It stands at 3-1 in the Pacific, with Governor bgwah being the only one to vote against it. Governor ilikeverin voted against it, as has Governor Duke. Governor Sensei has voted aye & Governor Lief hasn't voted yet. It's easy to see how much governors seem to dislike it though.

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 12:40:25 pm »
Ignore

It currently stands at 1-2 in the Midwest. It seems though that governors really hate this amendment. It stands at 3-1 in the Pacific, with Governor bgwah being the only one to vote against it. Governor ilikeverin voted against it, as has Governor Duke. Governor Sensei has voted aye & Governor Lief hasn't voted yet. It's easy to see how much governors seem to dislike it though.

That is understandable. They are fearing losing a power. Since that is the main power they have, sadly, they don't like the amendment.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 12:46:33 pm »
Ignore

^ The general idea is good, but the actual amendment is far too vague for me to vote for.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:39 pm »
Ignore

The regionalism here is incredible. It's easily passing in the Pacific, Mideast, & Northeast. It's failing badly in the Southeast. The Midwest is the only close region, where it's failing narrowly.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:45 pm »
Ignore

This would be a huge blow to regional power if this passes.  I URGE all citizens to vote "NAY"!
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 11:04:12 pm »
Ignore

This would be a huge blow to regional power if this passes.  I URGE all citizens to vote "NAY"!

You should join the Regional Protection Party. We're devoted to fighting off attempts by the Federal Government to neuter the regions.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:57:28 am »
Ignore

You should join the Regional Protection Party. We're devoted to fighting off attempts by the Federal Government to neuter the regions.
Actually, they're attempts to get around putting the poor neutered old bastards out of their misery. Grin

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 01:33:36 pm »
Ignore

It's now at

3-1 in the Pacific
2-2 in the Midwest
7-1 in the Mideast
3-5 in the Southeast
8-0 in the Northeast

A nationwide total of 23-9, yet it's on track to fail. Regions forever! Grin

Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
Colombia

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 01:51:09 pm »
Ignore

Ugh.

Sensei
senseiofj324
YaBB God
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 01:53:50 pm »
Ignore

It's now at

3-1 in the Pacific
2-2 in the Midwest
7-1 in the Mideast
3-5 in the Southeast
8-0 in the Northeast

hold on there... all the ayes need is one vote in the Midwest.

PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 01:55:15 pm »
Ignore

It's now at

3-1 in the Pacific
2-2 in the Midwest
7-1 in the Mideast
3-5 in the Southeast
8-0 in the Northeast

hold on there... all the ayes need is one vote in the Midwest.

True. Another thing is that all of the margin is from the Mideast & Northeast. It's 15-1 there, while being 8-8 in the other three regions.

MAS117
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 01:56:14 pm »
Ignore

Just a note, Northeast regional law already allows for this under legislation passed when I was Governor.

http://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeastern_Voting_Regulations
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 02:06:02 pm »
Ignore

Of course, it would be the Southeast that rejects this.  Because, of course, the Southeast was the reason I found it necessary to draft this amendment in the first place.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 02:13:20 pm »
Ignore

Of course, it would be the Southeast that rejects this.  Because, of course, the Southeast was the reason I found it necessary to draft this amendment in the first place.

It's tied in the Midwest currently. Then again, the Midwest is such an underpopulated region, bizarre results out of there are not surprising in the least.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 02:15:49 pm »
Ignore

Why do I get the feeling Moderate moved to Colorado just for reasons like this Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout