Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:49:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats  (Read 7188 times)
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« on: September 05, 2004, 12:07:21 PM »

Bush apparently got slaughtered in last night's polling.  Bush's lead dopped from 4.1 to 1.2 over in the three day rolling average.  Means the Bush bounce was not that big and lasted almost no time at all.  

Only Vorlon knows how to calculate the one day sample, but Bush's hit last night must have been substantial to say the least.

Combine that with the severe overpolling of Republicans by Time and Newsweek and it's apparent that there's been no turn in the race after all.  A small Bush bump that evaporated almost immediately.

See, I am a partisan, but I am a very realistic partisan.  Kerry is looking pretty decent at this point.  Unfortunate for our side, but oh well.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 12:16:51 PM »

I might add that given the hard party ID weighting used by Rasmussen, a 3 point drop in one night is VERY large.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 12:19:41 PM »

I guess with the way the Rassmussen poll is structured neither side is going to get any breathing room in this particular poll.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 12:33:20 PM »

I agree Cactus that with Rasmussen's hard party weight, it's tough to move out very far.  The Gallup should give us a better view in the next couple of days.

Paging the Vorlon...
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 04:00:36 PM »

Perhaps the Rasmussen result today is somewhat skewed more toward Kerry today due to the fact that Wednesday night's sample (particularly stong for Bush) was dropped from the overall sample.                      
                                                                                     Hard to know exactly what last night's polling looked like.  Only Vorlon on this board can figure out how to compute that.  Since Bush's job approval also dropped overnight I doubt if it was anything less than weak numbers for Bush, but I suppose I can hope.

The information on party ID and the hard weighting of it makes me more and more dubious of this particular poll.

Still remember how good I felt when I saw Rasmussen's +8 when he released his final 2000 tracking at 1 AM the day of that election.  Boy, talk about a false sense of security.

Guess as Vorlon says, the validity of this kind of poll seems to be totally tied to how accurate the party ID is of the pollees being polled.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 09:01:22 PM »

man, that was funny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies