Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats  (Read 7186 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: September 05, 2004, 04:04:57 PM »

Virtually all of the change in last nights Bot sample was in the Indys - which makes me think what I outlined above may have happened.

Give the poll a few days to settle down and we will see.. Smiley

Wait for the Gallup Smiley

While I believe in weighting of polls (otherwise you get too many screwy results), I disagree with 'hard weighting,' and most particularly with the 'weighting' which Scotty is using in his polls thise year.

As I have said before, Rasmussen was really traumatized by the results of the 2000 election (in which an abnormally high turnout for Democrats occured), and he had weighted his polls to reflect the turnout in that election.

I tend to agree with Gallup that likely voters are about equally split between the parties on a national basis.

If you reweight Rasmussen's polls on this basis, the national ones have been pretty reasonable (the state amalgamations are something else).
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 09:16:02 PM »

Scotty was unaware of the massive and very effective Gore get out the vote drive.

But for the extra voters that the Gore people turned out at the polls, Scotty's projections would have been right on the money, and Zogby would have looked like a fool.

This year Rasmussen is loading his polls with extra Democrats to try to avoid the earlier debacle.

As such, he is tilting his polls this year to the Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies