Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:39:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last night's Rassmussen poll results should thrill Democrats  (Read 7187 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: September 05, 2004, 12:30:15 PM »

You may well be right on, Agcat, but like we said with the Time and Newsweek polls, I'm going to wait for a credible poll to offer a read on the bounce before I make any judgments. besides, no one has even hit 50% yet at Rasmussen. I think he's awfully rigid in his sampling or weighting or whatever one calls it to allow for a sustained bounce or lack thereof by either. It seems mini bounces roll on and roll off pretty frequently at Rasmussen. We'll see.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 05:19:54 PM »

FYI - anyone interested, I'm not sure I'd hold my breath in wait of any new Gallup polls. The write-up on Gallup's homepage seems to indicate that there will not be a new one released till after Labor Day. Tuesday or Wednesday I might look for one.

Not sure that this is the best time for a poll (late summer, holiday weekend, after a party's convention), but I guess it's the bounce that we're interested in. Or negative bounce, who knows.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies