MN: Rasmussen: Obama leads by 4%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:35:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN: Rasmussen: Obama leads by 4%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MN: Rasmussen: Obama leads by 4%  (Read 2598 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »

I love how the Obama people believed that he'd win MN by 15 points, and then when the polls show it tightening, they say it's a product of summer polling.
I don't think any Obama people thought that. They just don't think Obama will win Minnesota by 4 points in November and that it is still quite possible he could win in by 10 points.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »

I love how the Obama people believed that he'd win MN by 15 points, and then when the polls show it tightening, they say it's a product of summer polling.
I don't think any Obama people thought that. They just don't think Obama will win Minnesota by 4 points in November and that it is still quite possible he could win in by 10 points.

Well, if all the polls coming out right now are bogus, then what is there to believe? Maybe it's a tossup state like it was in 2004!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »

You think this is a possible win but PA isn't? MN is the ultimate definition of a "stubborn" state for the GOP so you can't use that argument.
Are you forgetting the teaser known as NJ? Smiley

Except we won NJ since 1972. We haven't won MN since then.

And you can't have us now.  This is because a small, but consistent portion of Minnesota voters get to the polls fully intending to vote for the Republican and then they get into the booth and that little voice in the back of their mind starts eroding their GOP confidence.

"Ya sure wouldn't wanna be voted for them Republicans there, now wouldja?" the voice says

"they don't do nuthin' for the little guys like you and me", it says.

It goes on "That Jell-O salad that Yvette Hoaglund made was pretty darned tasty, now wasn't it?"

At this point, the voter snaps
"OH GOSH DARN IT... I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF" as they hastily fill in the DFL bubble.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

Well, if all the polls coming out right now are bogus, then what is there to believe? Maybe it's a tossup state like it was in 2004!

You do know that plenty of polls on MN weren't summer polling and there is no ing way it is a tossup state.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

You think this is a possible win but PA isn't? MN is the ultimate definition of a "stubborn" state for the GOP so you can't use that argument.

Yea, but at least Minnesota gets Pawlenty and Coleman.  We haven't elected ANY Republicans since 1997
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

Obama will win Minnesota by as much a margin as McCain will win South Carolina.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 06:13:12 AM »

Yea, but at least Minnesota gets Pawlenty and Coleman.  We haven't elected ANY Republicans since 1997

We'll get Chris Christie in 2009.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »

While I believe Obama will win, it probably was foolishly optimistic to believe that he would win by 15 points. This is probably more realistic, though I do find it a little odd that "other" is getting 6% without leaners and 2% with.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies