Jim DeMint
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:27:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim DeMint
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jim DeMint  (Read 3924 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »

Massive poor hater for his crazy VAT proposal.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »

i dont mind demint...even though i disagree with him on a lot of things.

same goes for coburn.

The subject here is your mocking of religious people.

Now I don't mean to attack you on a regular basis.......but ya know......this isn't the first time you've accused people of "mocking religious people."....

That said, nothing that Walter has said can be considered that. He mocks politicians that abuse religion to manipulate their "values voters" into believing that if they vote for them, they can protect America from the evil f****ts.

It's one thing to seriously oppose abortion and gay marriage (although I find it hateful and without purpose), but it's an entirely different thing to use these "positions" to exploit the stupidity of your constituents....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »

same goes for coburn.

Now I don't mean to attack you on a regular basis.......but ya know......this isn't the first time you've accused people of "mocking religious people."....

That said, nothing that Walter has said can be considered that. He mocks politicians that abuse religion to manipulate their "values voters" into believing that if they vote for them, they can protect America from the evil f****ts.

It's one thing to seriously oppose abortion and gay marriage (although I find it hateful and without purpose), but it's an entirely different thing to use these "positions" to exploit the stupidity of your constituents....

Whatever you say. Walter seems to fear all forms of social conservative thought/religion and advocating either of those view points is "hateful" in Walter's opinion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »

Whatever you say. Walter seems to fear all forms of social conservative thought/religion and advocating either of those view points is "hateful" in Walter's opinion.

I think that religion is such an issue of sensitive and importance to many people that commentary or criticism can be more painful than it would be if directed at a purely political issue.

I think of Walter Mitty as a character here and not a sincere person--at least that's how he comes across--so I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I will say, though, there's been pigeonholing of people as "haters" on this issue before for making criticisms that come from a place very different from hate, and the effect of calling someone a "hater" is to drown out the actual content of their comments.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 10:07:40 PM »

same goes for coburn.

In the case of Jim Demint it is hateful.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »

I think Jim Demint would forgive Walter for his attacks against Jesus, God, and people of faith. Because of that, I forgive Walter too.

Walter as far as i know doesn't hatee gay people, so something tells me Demint wouldn't forgive him for not hating gays.

What makes you think he hates gays? He gets along with Lindsey Graham fine.

LOL!

(We don't know that Graham is gay, anymore than we know Crist is.  Maybe.  But who knows?)  That was a good line, though.

As to hating gays, DeMint may or may not hate them.  But he definitely believes homosexuals should be denied the right to hold jobs in health care or education.  I believe he authored a bill to that effect in the SC state legislature.  It was defeated or it never made it to the full legislature, I can't remember.

So -- either he hates gays.  Or, probably more likely, he simply believes that they are disease-ridden pedophiles.

Or maybe that's the same thing as hate?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 11:43:12 AM »

Irrational fear does not always lead to hate, but it's hard to deny there's a very strong correlation.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »

same goes for coburn.

In the case of Jim Demint it is hateful.

I'm sure it is. If people believe that gay people shouldn't marry because their sick/crazy/evil, then that's extremely hateful. However, there are other, better reasons to not support gay marriage.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies