Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:26:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special  (Read 84219 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 20, 2008, 06:15:34 PM »

Take for instance those who hid the Jewish in their homes from the Nazis - it's not like they would say "Why yes, I am hiding some Jews behind that bookcase, would you care to arrest them?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #501 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:37 PM »

Seeing I have no idea what he believes on anything...no.

Aren't you 13? Isn't "Eureka's Castle" on?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #502 on: October 21, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »

I seriously did not get that.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #503 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »

damn. "Eureka's Castle" is before his time!

How about "Bob the Builder"?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #504 on: October 21, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

50/50

This is based on the fact that this election is really unprecedented and I really see people going into that booth, especially in states like OH, VA, and CO and just not being able to pull the lever for Obama feeling it is too damn risky.  If Obama pulls ahead consistently by 12-15% in the polls right before the election, I'll raise his chances, but until then I'm not just willing to count out the comeback kid against the guy who can't finish off anyone.

I thought this was funny for some reason.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #505 on: October 21, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »

50/50

This is based on the fact that this election is really unprecedented and I really see people going into that booth, especially in states like OH, VA, and CO and just not being able to pull the lever for Obama feeling it is too damn risky.  If Obama pulls ahead consistently by 12-15% in the polls right before the election, I'll raise his chances, but until then I'm not just willing to count out the comeback kid against the guy who can't finish off anyone.

We know, you think everything that doesn't fit into your little emo ideas is ridiculous
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: October 21, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

50/50

We know, you think everything that doesn't fit into your little emo ideas is ridiculous
I chuckled at "The guy who can't finish off anyone". Name two people he couldn't finish off...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #507 on: October 21, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »

50/50

I chuckled at "The guy who can't finish off anyone". Name two people he couldn't finish off...
Hillary Clinton and John McCain.  Sure, technically he did eventually finish off Hillary, but that was only because his lead was insurmountable in people that had already voted.  He should have wrapped up the nod much faster.  Besides that, he has never run a competitive election in his life.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:38 PM »

50/50

Hillary Clinton and John McCain.  Sure, technically he did eventually finish off Hillary, but that was only because his lead was insurmountable in people that had already voted.  He should have wrapped up the nod much faster.  Besides that, he has never run a competitive election in his life.
one can argue that nobody's "finished" in an presidential race until 270 electoral votes have been secured by one candidate.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: October 21, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

50/50

one can argue that nobody's "finished" in an presidential race until 270 electoral votes have been secured by one candidate.
Again, the technicality aspect.  Technically, yes, he did finish off Hillary but it took him much longer than it should have.  As far as McCain, Obama should be leading by 30-40% right now
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: October 21, 2008, 07:23:37 PM »

50/50

Again, the technicality aspect.  Technically, yes, he did finish off Hillary but it took him much longer than it should have.  As far as McCain, Obama should be leading by 30-40% right now
Puppies wouldn't be beating John Wayne Gacy by 30-40. In national politics, it just doesn't happen.
Reagan only beat Mondale by 18, for crying out loud.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: October 21, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »

Puppies wouldn't be beating John Wayne Gacy by 30-40. In national politics, it just doesn't happen.
Reagan only beat Mondale by 18, for crying out loud.
I expect him to poll much better than actually do on Election Day.  Puppies are also ineligible to vote, as are convicted felons.  Of course, ACORN tries to change both of these Tongue

COMEDY PLEASE PEOPLE
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2008, 08:09:37 PM »

50/50

Comeback kid? Indeed.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #513 on: October 22, 2008, 11:48:07 AM »

The only PUMAs left are a) people who voted Republican in every previous election and b) women J.J. knows.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »

Is this a video game or something?

I smiled, and almost chuckled.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »

Does anyone still take this guy seriously? Anyone?

I really think that we are looking at a 2000 situation in terms of who wins what.  Maybe 5 states will flip.

however, unless you honestly think that McCain can take a Kerry state....you must be convinced of an overall Obama victory.

I think that the range, even looking at the polling, will show no more than 5 states changing from 2000.  None or one might.

None. No states will be different from 2000. You are such a tool JJ

It's quite possible; McCain was in NH today, so it's viable.  I could see a virtual repeat of 2000 in terms of who gets what.  A single loss for McCain gets Obama elected.  A single surprise loss for Obama, MN, WI, NM or PA could toss it to McCain.  I give the edge to McCain now, but I expect it to be very close in terms of EV's.

Last time, we had 3 changes, remarkably stable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #516 on: October 23, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

No, but I bet those randy little Vietnamese 'mis-used' McCain.

Or anyway I've always wondered about that.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #517 on: October 23, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

It's simple really: McCain is King Lear, wandering the countryside shouting gibberish and lamenting the horrible decisions he made that got him into this position. Palin is Tamora from Titus Andronicus, determined to do whatever it takes to bring her enemies down with her.

Shakespeare FTW!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #518 on: October 23, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »

I spent most of a Saturday avoiding Obama's motorcade.

Their wasn't a deluge after him?

Credit where credit's due.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #519 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »

This entire thread is very amusing.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=86273.0
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2008, 12:31:49 AM »

In the same way a circus fire or a train wreck is amusing right?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

Correct
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: October 24, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »

This part in particular is amusing:

That's kind of like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #523 on: October 24, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »

J.J. is saying that it all averages out Alcon. 

So, yes, this mistake was just because of randomization.

He believes in the  0.000000002%

Think about it Alcon, let me explain it to you.

Sure, while this poll, assuming it had perfect methodology, would be 99.999999998% not to get this result.

But did you know that atoms are 99.9999999999% empty?  That's only one more 9 than this poll has.  Punch your wall ten times, did your hand go through it?  WHOOAAH you just defied statistics, it's not that hard, these things HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

Let me explain this better to you Alcon.  You don't seem to get it. 

How many times have you been struck by lightning?  Has it been more than 1,250 times?  I thought it would be.  You'll get struck by lightning about that many times every time a poll showing McCain winning by this margin has good methodology (minus the subsample repitition issue I've mentioned earlier, so many more like 700-800 times).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: October 24, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 09:11:18 PM by Председатель Захар »

ilikeverinship
Do you wish to keep the current ilikeverin, ilikeverin?
[  ] Yes
[  ] No

And for something completely different:

Show me one instance where I've done what this good fellow just did.

I neither know nor care what he just did, but you have no right to call other people assholes.  You're no saint yourself.

Moderate Heroes of the world, unite!

Wow.  That was pathetic.

I could explain myself to you, but you'd obviously rather go a different route, and I respect that*. I just don't agree with it.

*Well, no, I don't.

Why don't you explain yourself, and we'll see?

He just blatantly lied in denying any knowledge of the RPP board, which he had been on less than a minute before.

That's it?  Jesus, grow a pair and stop bitching.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies