Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine VII: Straight-to-DVD Christmas Special  (Read 84184 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 06:10:32 PM »

Lief is just adam's latest account. I thought that was fairly obvious. But I like this version of adam best, so I'm glad he's stuck with it. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »

Lief is just adam's latest account. I thought that was fairly obvious. But I like this version of adam best, so I'm glad he's stuck with it. Smiley

Lief's for real, methinks.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2008, 09:42:48 PM »

Regarding Rachel Maddow :

Why not just give her a dildo in the shape of Obama instead - after all, that's all she really wants and needs.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2008, 11:11:26 PM »

1.  And the LORD Obama took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
2.  And the rib, which the LORD Obama had taken from himself, made he a running-mate from the swing state of Ohio.
3.  And the LORD Obama said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: he shall be called Barry Wobama, because he was taken out of Obama.
4.  And they were both Democrats, the LORD and his running-mate, and were not ashamed.

Obama-Wobama '08!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

1.  And the LORD Obama took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
2.  And the rib, which the LORD Obama had taken from himself, made he a running-mate from the swing state of Ohio.
3.  And the LORD Obama said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: he shall be called Barry Wobama, because he was taken out of Obama.
4.  And they were both Democrats, the LORD and his running-mate, and were not ashamed.

Obama-Wobama '08!

That's the first thing in this thread that's actually made me laugh.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »

Obama-Wobama '08!

That's the first thing in this thread that's actually made me laugh.
Aye!  It's rare that somebody is funny when they are trying to be funny.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »

If I knew him personally instead of just virtually I'd probably be an awesome dinner.  Duke nevers seems to avoid any type of joke, and I love people like that

I don't think he's gay.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:24 AM »

FLASH!  Breaking News!!!!  CNN goes to commercial! Big Annoncement from GEICO Caveman!!

1. Aug. 20, 3:48am....CNN breaks away from regularly scheduled programing, and broadcasts an advertisement for Geico car insurance featuring a caveman.

2. It was implied in the commercial that Geico is "so easy even a caveman could do it".

3. CNN broadcast footage of a caveman stating that the the slogan "so easy even a caveman could do it" is offensive to him and his family.

4. CNN quickly returned to regular programming, but periodically broke away to repeat an identical message from the caveman in subsequent hours.

5. It was unclear whether there was any relationship between the Geico caveman and Geico's popular talking gecko.

This suggests that Obama is in serious trouble, because his campaign message is as elitist and condescending to working class voters as Geico's attitude towards cavemen is.

I said months ago that Obama's elitism would come back to bite him, and I've now been proven correct.

This also indicates that McCain might be able to exploit Obama's weaknesses among ordinary Americans by picking Romney as his running mate, because Romney grew up in Michigan, which makes cars, and Geico is a car insurance company.

I now have to go make a thread about the implications of the Mac/PC commercial for the candidates' websites, as well as a thread about whether Wolf Blitzer's sneeze suggests that he's allergic to reporting on prospective vice presidential nominees not named Mitt Romney.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »

FLASH!  Breaking News!!!!  CNN goes to commercial! Big Annoncement from GEICO Caveman!!

1. Aug. 20, 3:48am....CNN breaks away from regularly scheduled programing, and broadcasts an advertisement for Geico car insurance featuring a caveman.

2. It was implied in the commercial that Geico is "so easy even a caveman could do it".

3. CNN broadcast footage of a caveman stating that the the slogan "so easy even a caveman could do it" is offensive to him and his family.

4. CNN quickly returned to regular programming, but periodically broke away to repeat an identical message from the caveman in subsequent hours.

5. It was unclear whether there was any relationship between the Geico caveman and Geico's popular talking gecko.

This suggests that Obama is in serious trouble, because his campaign message is as elitist and condescending to working class voters as Geico's attitude towards cavemen is.

I said months ago that Obama's elitism would come back to bite him, and I've now been proven correct.

This also indicates that McCain might be able to exploit Obama's weaknesses among ordinary Americans by picking Romney as his running mate, because Romney grew up in Michigan, which makes cars, and Geico is a car insurance company.

I now have to go make a thread about the implications of the Mac/PC commercial for the candidates' websites, as well as a thread about whether Wolf Blitzer's sneeze suggests that he's allergic to reporting on prospective vice presidential nominees not named Mitt Romney.

Amusingly, Winfield has now deleted the thread.  (Or maybe it was just a mod who deleted it?)  In any case, the post is funnier if you read Winfield's post that I was parodying, but unfortunately that post has been lost into the ether.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »

Really? Their politics are completely different. Adam wasn't consistent, but he was never a social democrat.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2008, 02:09:46 PM »

Amusingly, Winfield has now deleted the thread.  (Or maybe it was just a mod who deleted it?)  In any case, the post is funnier if you read Winfield's post that I was parodying, but unfortunately that post has been lost into the ether.

What'd it say?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »

FLOWCHART

<Is the politician/partisan dead?> ───────no──────> [Incite partisan hackery.]
           │                                                    ↑
           │                                                    │
          yes                                                   │
           │                                                    │
           ↓                                                    │
<Does the politician share your political beliefs?>  ─────no────┘
           │
           │
          yes
           │
           ↓
        [RIP  Sad ]

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »

What'd it say?

It was a thread titled something like "Flash! Breaking News!  David Gergen on CNN says <such and such>".  Except, instead of "<such and such>", it was some statement made by David Gergen about how Obama is in trouble for some reason that I can't remember (an argument that Winfield outlined in numbered bullet points), and then Winfield goes on to explain how McCain might be able to exploit this weakness in Obama's campaign by picking Romney as his running mate.

My post was nearly a point-for-point parody of Winfield's original post, and generally a parody of his inclination to post threads with titles like "Breaking News!!!" every time a commentator on CNN opens his or her mouth about the presidential campaign (so long as there is some connection to Romney).
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »

i was unaware that james buchanan had endorsed a presidential candidate.

but according to lief's sig he has.  when did this happen?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »

Really? Their politics are completely different. Adam wasn't consistent, but he was never a social democrat.

Adam/Captain Vlad changed his politics every week. He also attempted to make a new account and posed as a Green from Oregon, until an IP check exposed him. I could be wrong, but I say there's about a 90% chance they're the same person.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

I don't know, you might be on to something, but even personality-wise I never have got that vibe from Lief.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

I just thought that Lief/Captain Vlad were the same person without a new account.  Its pretty obvious IMHO
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »

What'd it say?

It was a thread titled something like "Flash! Breaking News!  David Gergen on CNN says <such and such>".  Except, instead of "<such and such>", it was some statement made by David Gergen about how Obama is in trouble for some reason that I can't remember (an argument that Winfield outlined in numbered bullet points), and then Winfield goes on to explain how McCain might be able to exploit this weakness in Obama's campaign by picking Romney as his running mate.

My post was nearly a point-for-point parody of Winfield's original post, and generally a parody of his inclination to post threads with titles like "Breaking News!!!" every time a commentator on CNN opens his or her mouth about the presidential campaign (so long as there is some connection to Romney).

Winfield is amusing that way.

Lief's stayed consistent in his politics.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »

I do hope that that isn't a pointless witch hunt that I smell. Whether Lief is "actually" Adam (and I don't know and I don't care) is totally beside the point, if there's a point at all. Lief is a well behaved poster and should be left alone.

Sometimes this forum can be extremely depressing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

Of course eight years makes a difference. Look at me...

Summer 2000

Summer 2008

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2008, 11:38:10 PM »

I hate trendy, "hip" things. Yes, I understand that many people my age are the exact opposite, but I feel that trendy things stink.

Another thing I hate is defeatism. Liberals want to lose, in every circumstance. Every four years, the Democratic nominee says how "bad things are" whether it is economically, or on the foreign policy front. Liberals also tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the bad guy, while critizing the good guys, like military, police and government. I believe well structured and small government that can be effective is good, but when liberals wish to turn everything (even the healthcare of our citizens) into the hands of government...I go sour.

I hate homophobic views so much. I am not talking about the types that think it is immoral to be gay or just think it is kinda gross, I am talking about the type of people that downright hate LGBT's and want them to die. It makes me sick that anyone in the 21st century would want somebody to die because of them being born in a certain way. I have met people like this before too and once when I tried saying, that they were pretty intolerant because of this and that it was wrong they called me gay back. Huh
Forgive me for making this thread but I had to rant at this immoral, gross view.

Look fella, I was in grade school tracking Clinton vs. Dole while you were in the crib looking at that annoying spinning thing hanging down. Gay people are entitled to all equal rights....but when it comes to gay marriage, marriage itself is a sacred union between a MAN and a WOMAN. That's it. Ever hear Percy Sledge? "When a MAN loves a WOMAN..." Come on, friend...it got shot down just 48 months ago in tons of states across the country!

Here's a picture of Jack Lemmon for the hell of it...we miss you Jack...

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »

We need a separate Goldmine for Naso.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

Oo oo.  Here's a big clue:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/21/1280082.aspx

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

IF HE FORGETS HIS GYMBAG MAYBE HE WILL FORGET NUCELAR LAUNCH CODEZ

EVAN BAYH, UNFIT 4 SERVICE
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »

HappyWarrior