Report: AP photo of school register reveals "Barry Soetoro" (Obama) as muslim
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:37:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Report: AP photo of school register reveals "Barry Soetoro" (Obama) as muslim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Report: AP photo of school register reveals "Barry Soetoro" (Obama) as muslim  (Read 5373 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »

If it's any help...Keystone Phil called me and told me he heard and so I searched for it and posted it. I'm not saying I buy into it...but I thought it was post-worthy.

Dude so he put himself down as muslim when he was what 5 years old? I wonder if he even understood the implications of his actions then. OH NOEZ NOW I CAN'T BE PREZIDIN.
It should be pretty obvious to anyone with an IQ above 70 that Obama is a practicing Christian. He can't shut his fu**ing trap about it and yet he gets attacked. WOW you guys just can't resist playing dirty...trash.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »

Wait...why does anyone have to grow up? Listen, everyone here knows that from day one I was never interested in this "OBAMA IS/WAS A MUSLIM!!!" nonsense. But if it's true that he was, then fine. I don't plan to use this as some way to help McCain. I don't play those games. Here's what happened...

I walked into the McCain NE Philly HQs and was greeted with "Do you know Barry Soetoro?" So I'm thinking to myself, "Oh God, this nonsense again." So this volunteer by one of the computers wants me to look at what the AP had released. I don't think the kid in the photo looks a lot like Barack but the name makes sense and the religion is clearly stated. As I'm leaving, the ignorant fool shouts to me, "Remember to tell people! He is an Islam!"

Again, I don't give a damn if he's a Muslim. I just think he ought to at least admit that he was at one time. Should it be an issue? No. Does that mean he should lie about it? No.

I just love how this is written off by some here as "BS" or a "lie."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »

And there's nothing idiotic or wrong about Naso posting this. It's a news story whether it's true or not.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »

Wait...why does anyone have to grow up? Listen, everyone here knows that from day one I was never interested in this "OBAMA IS/WAS A MUSLIM!!!" nonsense. But if it's true that he was, then fine. I don't plan to use this as some way to help McCain. I don't play those games. Here's what happened...

I walked into the McCain NE Philly HQs and was greeted with "Do you know Barry Soetoro?" So I'm thinking to myself, "Oh God, this nonsense again." So this volunteer by one of the computers wants me to look at what the AP had released. I don't think the kid in the photo looks a lot like Barack but the name makes sense and the religion is clearly stated. As I'm leaving, the ignorant fool shouts to me, "Remember to tell people! He is an Islam!"

Again, I don't give a damn if he's a Muslim. I just think he ought to at least admit that he was at one time. Should it be an issue? No. Does that mean he should lie about it? No.

I just love how this is written off by some here as "BS" or a "lie."

I feel it important to post just because it will be a topic for discussion.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 04:47:06 PM »

Please try to be more conservative when using the word breaking in all caps. Using it liberally like this weakens its affect. Now if we get proof that Obama is not eligible to serve as President, then that would be a good case to use "Breaking".

And I read this last night.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »

If it's any help...Keystone Phil called me and told me he heard and so I searched for it and posted it. I'm not saying I buy into it...but I thought it was post-worthy.

Dude so he put himself down as muslim when he was what 5 years old? I wonder if he even understood the implications of his actions then. OH NOEZ NOW I CAN'T BE PREZIDIN.
It should be pretty obvious to anyone with an IQ above 70 that Obama is a practicing Christian. He can't shut his fu**ing trap about it and yet he gets attacked. WOW you guys just can't resist playing dirty...trash.

That clearly is not the Obama child's handwriting. That is the writing of an adult. It was written by one of the wise men.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »

*sigh* Is election day here yet?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »

By the way, when I saw the "BREAKING" tag, I was hoping it would be real news. You know, like a VP finally being announced. Thanks for getting my hopes up.
The precise reason I made the VP thread say FLASH instead
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »

Regardless of whether or not this is another bullsh**t rumour, how exactly does this constitute "breaking news"?
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »

My mom put me down as an Asian for years because that's her race even though I'm mixed.

How do we even know if this is real or if it really Obama? Barry Soetoro? I don't think an official school document would have that name.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

This was an Indonesian Public school register in the 60s.

Obama's official name was never Barry Soetoro, he was never an Indonesian citizen, and he was never a Muslim.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »

Regardless of whether or not this is another bullsh**t rumour, how exactly does this constitute "breaking news"?

When there is no news, it doesn't take much news to make it breaking. You know, in absolute silence, the dropping of a pine cone cone can be relatively loud, but in a rainstorm, it's not heard.

And there you have it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »

Dear Everyone,

I think this was described as "breaking news" because I was told that the AP "just broke the story" around 1:30 PM. I was not near a TV and didn't look it up myself on the computer. I called Naso to ask if he heard about it. He didn't answer. He called me around 5 and I told him that it was being reported on by the AP. It really isn't that big of a deal that he said it was "breaking." Please calm down.

Love,

Phil
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »

I don't necessarily believe the story but my point stands regardless, why has Obama done everything to run away from the fact he was father was a Muslim? (I believe this isn't disputed)  If I was a Muslim I would never want to vote for this guy because he's tried to run away every chance he's got.  It's kind of like George Felix Allen and the Jews
elcorazon

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

I don't necessarily believe the story but my point stands regardless, why has Obama done everything to run away from the fact he was father was a Muslim? (I believe this isn't disputed)  If I was a Muslim I would never want to vote for this guy because he's tried to run away every chance he's got.  It's kind of like George Felix Allen and the Jews
you really have to ask this question?  seriously, muslims are hated in this country.  people blame them for 9/11.  if it weren't a problem to be muslim, there wouldn't have been flack when a muslim congressman wanted to be sworn in on a koran (or something like that).  seriously, the idea that many voters think Obama is a muslim is a good thing for mccain.  there can be no question about that.  anything obama does to encourage that belief has to be a bad thing.

it's a sad reality. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »

I don't necessarily believe the story but my point stands regardless, why has Obama done everything to run away from the fact he was father was a Muslim? (I believe this isn't disputed)  If I was a Muslim I would never want to vote for this guy because he's tried to run away every chance he's got.  It's kind of like George Felix Allen and the Jews

Mostly because most people are too retarded to understand how Obama can be a christian when he has a muslim father. Of course calling his father a muslim is wrong to begin with since he was an atheist. So was Obama's mother for that matter. So in that sense Obama had all the freedom in the world to choose which religion he wanted to believe in. He chose Christianity and a long time before he got into politics.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »

Obama's mother wasn't really an atheist (though she didn't belong to any organized religion and that's really all beside the point.)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 06:01:21 PM »

Obama's mother wasn't really an atheist (though she didn't belong to any organized religion and that's really all beside the point.)
Yeah she didn't hate religion she was more of an open agnostic.

Anyways I am very dissapointed that any Republican thinks this is a worthy newstory. Is this what it has come down to, you guys are so desperate that you need to fling mud and accept it if it helps McCain win?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

Yeah she didn't hate religion she was more of an open agnostic.

Anyways I am very dissapointed that any Republican thinks this is a worthy newstory. Is this what it has come down to, you guys are so desperate that you need to fling mud and accept it if it helps McCain win?

Roll Eyes

Like I said, it is well known that I have never truly believed that Obama was a Muslim. After seeing this, who knows? He might be a Muslim. I don't care and never, ever intended to use this as an issue. It's not an issue. However, that doesn't mean it's not newsworthy. If Obama claims he was never a Muslim then he should simply explain this. Just because it shouldn't be an issue doesn't mean he should be able to lie about it.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's not like your side is any better. The latest from the Obama camp is that McCain faked his cross-in-the-sand Viet Nam story.

Although I'll admit it's very disappointing to see McCain supporters using this kind of trash against Obama.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2008, 06:20:38 PM by sbane »

Dude just stop and think for a fu**ing second. He has an atheist mom and a muslim step-dad and hes like 6. Who the f*** knows who put him down as a muslim, but it is pretty clear he wasn't practicing anything at the time. When he grew up he accepted christ and is now a Christian. Was that too fu**ing hard to understand?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Duuuude, just take a chill pill or direct your insecurities elsewhere.

Haha sorry but this topic is bulls**t and everyone must know it imho. He was 5 or 6 when this happened so it must have been filled in by an adult, perhaps his muslim step-dad. Does that make Obama a muslim? All I am saying is that your brain should be able to figure out that this in no way makes Obama a muslim, considering he is a PRACTICING CHRISTIAN. Obama just needs to refute it to those with below 70 IQ.

Edit: The article also implies that since the form says his nationality is Indonesian, Obama has multiple nationalities. How retarded is that?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »

Haha sorry but this topic is bulls**t and everyone must know it imho. He was 5 or 6 when this happened so it must have been filled in by an adult, perhaps his muslim step-dad. Does that make Obama a muslim? All I am saying is that your brain should be able to figure out that this in no way makes Obama a muslim, considering he is a PRACTICING CHRISTIAN. Obama just needs to refute it to those with below 70 IQ.

Feel free to research the multiple comments on me downplaying the stupid "Muslim in Christian clothing" conspiracies out there and quit wasting my time with your hyper overreaction.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »

lol.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

Dude just stop and think for a fu**ing second. He has an atheist mom and a muslim step-dad and hes like 6. Who the f*** knows who put him down as a muslim, but it is pretty clear he wasn't practicing anything at the time. When he grew up he accepted christ and is now a Christian. Was that too fu**ing hard to understand?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Duuuude, just take a chill pill or direct your insecurities elsewhere.

Edit: The article also implies that since the form says his nationality is Indonesian, Obama has multiple nationalities. How retarded is that?

I'm not saying it makes him a Muslim. I'm saying it's a possibility. You can't just give reasons why this happened and say it was probably out of his control and then call anyone who disagrees with your assumptions an idiot.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »

Feel free to research the multiple comments on me downplaying the stupid "Muslim in Christian clothing" conspiracies out there and quit wasting my time with your hyper overreaction.

Then why do you think Obama has to "refute" this? This is just as much bulls**t as the other conspiracies out there. Now if you have changed your mind on this then fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies