OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:07:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread  (Read 29908 times)
skoods
United States

« on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

Ugh no no no Kaine...anyone but Kaine.
skoods
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2008, 11:03:54 PM by Dave Leip »

Barry once again reiterates the qualities he is looking for in a running mate at a townhall rally in North Carolina, which sounds to me that he has already made his decision.

His running mate will "shares his passion", has "integrity", who is in politics "for the right reasons".

Link

Reading between the lines, I would say Tim Kaine.   Hilarious.

He has to say that...what's he going to say? "My running mate will be an A-hole who doesn't like America and is stupid."? Come on.
skoods
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »

Obama Meets Kaine's Staff

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) met privately for 15 minutes Thursday morning at the Omni Richmond hotel with the staff of one of his top two or three prospects for running mate, Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine.

Margaret Talev of McClatchy Newspapers, the pool reporter from the Obama press corps, reports that she asked the governor whether Obama has asked him to be his running mate.

Awkward!

Kaine replied: "I'm going to let the campaign speak for the campaign." Talev reports that he also declined to comment when she asked if he would rule it out.

Talev asked him what he and Obama talked about. Kaine answered: "He visited with my staff just to basically say hi to them and thank them for all their hard work."

Obama also took a photo with Kaine's staff. A thank-you, or a getting-to-know-you?

Obama isn’t expected to make his announcement today. But Friday or early Saturday, the eagerly awaited text messages and e-mails will go to supporters ahead of the ticket’s dramatic appearance at the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Ill. on Saturday.
skoods
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

Some things sound good for Kaine (meeting with his staff). Some things sound bad (the whole "independent" and "challenging" schtick). I don't know where to go with this.
skoods
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »

Obama's comment about wanting somebody who will be to help on the economy makes me think more of Bayh than it does Biden.

What about Kaine? I figure since he said nothing of national security he's going to make a collosal mistake and pick someone who has less experience than he does.
skoods
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

sounds like hillary.

I can hope
skoods
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

Dammit, everytime I get a txt I keep thinking its Obama Tongue

Ha i know how you feel. I have an eerie feeling they're not going to say anything to anyone. Then on Saturday in Springfield Obama is going to come out and say..."here he is, my Vice President!" And the chosen one runs out of a tunnel with confetti and a marching band playing "There Goes My Hero."

Sounds like an Obamaesque festivity.
skoods
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »

PLEASE GOD BE KAINE.

It would make me so happy if he chooses him.

I'm sure it would. I, on the other hand, would cry...(not really but I'd be pretty pissed).
skoods
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »

I anticipate that there will be no first. There will be atleast 3 (more likely 5) threads posted at the same exact time.
skoods
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

He's anti-partial birth and he's going to be vice-president. I don't see how it's that big of a deal. He wouldn't nominate judges that are hardcore pro-life like McCain would. Sometimes I think progressives would rather lose an election than nominate anyone who isn't a far-leftist.

cough wanting Feingold as VP cough.
skoods
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 10:39:05 PM »

And now for something completely different....

TIME:

While this doesn't seem like extremely credible info, it is depressing. Oh well, Biden is better than Kaine. Let's hope the GOP doesn't smear him too much because of his past (of course they will).
skoods
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »

Sometimes I think progressives would rather lose an election than nominate anyone who isn't a far-leftist.

Given the circumstances in which Obama beat Clinton, I just don't think it would be wise to pick a pro-life-ish VP.

I'm sure Obama knows that too.  Biden, Kaine, and Bayh are all bad picks.  The campaign is trying to throw off the media.

The only way to get those Clinton voters back is to choose Clinton and even that might not be enough since she'd still be #2 to a man.
skoods
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »

Same AP article as above: Clinton scheduled to visit the New York State Fair Friday.

Is the Republican Mayor of Oklahoma City going to give a speech there?

LOL
skoods
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »

It's going to be Biden.
skoods
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 03:10:08 AM »

Well, by the time i'm back on here the text will have likely gone out (although with the way this week has been it might not be). I remember people saying it would be Tuesday...then Wednesday...then definitely Thursday...now we're on to Friday. Let's hope it's done by later today.

*Crosses fingers for Bayh*
skoods
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:38:26 AM »

Didn't the campaign say it would be sent in the morning?

Also, from Politicalwire:

Nooo, no Biden........President McCain here we come..
skoods
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »

I find myself really getting pissed off waiting for this prude to announce his VP...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies