DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING  (Read 6216 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:11:08 AM »

This weekend I was in Washington DC and, being a Roman Catholic, thought it might be interesting to stop in at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (8th largest church in the world).

While there  I decided to light a candle (personal reasons).  I noticed, sitting on the kneeler in front of one of the shrines was a flyer.  On one side was a pic of John Kerry next to a pic of Osama Bin Laden with the writing "Stop These 2 Men Before They Destroy America".  On the flip side was the following writing, "Learn the truth about John Kerry before its too late" along with the contact info for "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth".

This digusted me on several levels.

1) A church is a place for the worship and glorification of God!  A church is NOT the place for political statement or the glorification of man (even if his name is Bush).

2) The GOP threw a fit about the very brief Bush-Hitler ad that a MoveOn.org member created.  The ad was immediately pulled and destroyed.  Now the GOP's group resorts to the use of the same sort of images?!?!?!

3) The "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" are a thinly veiled front for a bunch of GOP shills.  Now they have expanded beyond just lying about Kerry's military record, now they want to start painting him w/ Bin Laden.

At long last ... has the GOP no shame?  Have they no decency?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 09:29:52 AM »

Do you have any proof that the Swift Boat group is connected to the GOP? If not, then shut up.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:35:13 AM »

Do you have any proof that the Swift Boat group is connected to the GOP? If not, then shut up.

1) They are funded by a major Bush campaign contributer.

2) Several members of the Bush team have had to resign for being exposed as having links to the "Swift Boat" group.

Hey StatesRights, people may be gullible but they aren't stupid!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:38:45 AM »

2) Several members of the Bush team have had to resign for being exposed as having links to the "Swift Boat" group.

Links? Cites? How about MOVEON.ORG being directly linked to the Kerry campaign? Of course Moveon.org is different right? Why is a former head of MOVEON.ORG working with the Kerry campaign.
elcorazon

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:40:22 AM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:41:07 AM »

not to change the subject, but I really hate you statesrights.  Now go on about your business.  I only wish this board had an ignore feature.

Can't face the truth, huh?
elcorazon

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 09:42:18 AM »

states made a funny. hahahahahaha.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:43:01 AM »

How sad that campaigning has decended to the level of a children's playground.
This sort of thing makes me sway further towards Kerry.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 09:43:13 AM »

Typical that a Obama fan is a moron.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 09:46:51 AM »

Why do you leftists so easily forget what MOVEON.ORG has done for the past 3 years? This group of America Haters accused Bush of poisioning Floridians with Mercury back in 2002. Their is no way in hell one can die of mercury poisioning from fish in 1 year.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2004, 10:04:54 AM by Wakie »

Why do you leftists so easily forget what MOVEON.ORG has done for the past 3 years? This group of America Haters accused Bush of poisioning Floridians with Mercury back in 2002. Their is no way in hell one can die of mercury poisioning from fish in 1 year.

Oh please.  Provide a source for this ridiculous claim.

You are the most partisan person on here.  You really have crossed the line to troll status.

BTW, here are the links you asked for

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=231

www.usatoday.com/news/.../nation/president/2004-08-20-swift-boat-flier_x.htm

www.abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040824_2007.html

www.beaufortgazette.com/24hour/politics/story/1590213p-9209626c.html

And, for the record, my complaint isn't about the coordination between the groups.  My complaint is about the tactics.  Flyering in a church is NEVER acceptable.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 10:03:24 AM »

Oh please.  Provide a source for this ridiculous claim.

You are the most partisan person on here.  You really have crossed the line to troll status.

BTW, here are the links you asked for

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=231

usatoday.com/news/.../nation/president/2004-08-20-swift-boat-flier_x.htm

abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040824_2007.html

www.beaufortgazette.com/24hour/politics/story/1590213p-9209626c.html

And, for the record, my complaint isn't about the coordination between the groups.  My complaint is about the tactics.  Flyering in a church is NEVER acceptable.

Go to www.johnkerry.com and search "Moveon.org". You will find that one of Kerrys campaign people worked for HateAmerica.org.

Oh and I'm a troll!!!!!!!! Cool..but you are still a moron..wanker..opps Wakie.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 10:06:09 AM »

I agree.  Have you ever been to a black church?  I have been.  You find such things as voters guides alongside the newsletters and sometimes next to the hymnals.  Last time I went to one I was handed a flyer by the preacher.

How about Bill Clinton's recent speech during a church service?  I think that was 2 weeks ago.  Will you join me in condemning that.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 10:08:08 AM »

Go to www.johnkerry.com and search "Moveon.org". You will find that one of Kerrys campaign people worked for HateAmerica.org.

No, please provide a link to your ridiculous claim that MoveOn said Bush poisoned people with Mercury.

And yes, you are crossing into troll territory.  You flagrantly insult other members just for having opinions which differ from yours and you make outlandish claims without backing them up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 10:19:08 AM »

No, please provide a link to your ridiculous claim that MoveOn said Bush poisoned people with Mercury.

And yes, you are crossing into troll territory.  You flagrantly insult other members just for having opinions which differ from yours and you make outlandish claims without backing them up.

It was a television ad run back in 2002.

And if I am a troll so be it! I don't give a flip what you think about me. I'm still a Senator. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 10:33:06 AM »

What about black churches being campaigned in by Democrats for years on end?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 10:34:35 AM »

I agree.  Have you ever been to a black church?  I have been.  You find such things as voters guides alongside the newsletters and sometimes next to the hymnals.  Last time I went to one I was handed a flyer by the preacher.

How about Bill Clinton's recent speech during a church service?  I think that was 2 weeks ago.  Will you join me in condemning that.

Yes.  I will condemn political speeches in church.  I'll condemn Clinton's and Bush's speeches in churches.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 10:37:23 AM »

Yes.  I will condemn political speeches in church.  I'll condemn Clinton's and Bush's speeches in churches.

I will give you credit for that. At least you are not completely living by a double standard.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 10:39:27 AM »

And if I am a troll so be it! I don't give a flip what you think about me. I'm still a Senator. Smiley

Oh ... I see ... it was a TV ad.  Ok.  Was it run by your wife .... Morgan Fairchild ... Smiley  

(apologies to Jon Lovitz)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 10:52:32 AM »

Oh ... I see ... it was a TV ad.  Ok.  Was it run by your wife .... Morgan Fairchild ... Smiley  

(apologies to Jon Lovitz)

This is an easy one to sort out.   Just go to the Moveon.org site.

http://www.moveon.org/front/images/ads/mercury.pdf

Not a TV ad (though it may have also been one, MoveOn pulls does nto share any ad they think backfired) but an ad in the NYT.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »

Trederick,

What's up with the spelling today dude?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2004, 11:17:01 AM »

Ok ... where in there does it say Bush is poisoning people?  Where does it say someone will die after 1 year of exposure?

The ad blasts Bush for relaxing environmental standards, which he has.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2004, 11:21:01 AM »

Ok ... where in there does it say Bush is poisoning people?  Where does it say someone will die after 1 year of exposure?

The ad blasts Bush for relaxing environmental standards, which he has.

That is not the exact ad. The tv ad said that President Bush has allowed mercury into our waters in Florida and that as the lady said "My father has been crippled by President Bushs' policies" and it showed a shot of her father in a wheel chair.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2004, 12:14:29 PM »

States and that guy from Illinois, try and keep it civil.  You've been quite rude in this thread.

Let's move the thread back to the original subject.  Isn't it horrifying the depths these swift boat vets go to?  Kerry would be wise to get the media to jump on the Osama accusations.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2004, 12:28:12 PM »

A Bush contributer is not the Bush campaign.

They resigned so that the Bush campaign wouldn't look like it was connected (which it wasn't). No one made them resign.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies