DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DISGUSTING CAMPAIGNING  (Read 6219 times)
JNB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2004, 06:21:42 PM »
« edited: September 09, 2004, 06:24:17 PM by JNB »

While I think Kerry is a bad example of a Catholic, I find any political litature in a parish other than litature that states the churches positions on issues is disgusting, and I am not surprise the Swift Boat Cowards and the "challenged" people that support them would resort to such tactics.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2004, 06:36:41 PM »

While I think Kerry is a bad example of a Catholic, I find any political litature in a parish other than litature that states the churches positions on issues is disgusting, and I am not surprise the Swift Boat Cowards and the "challenged" people that support them would resort to such tactics.

What about Democrats stumping in Black churches? Or do they get a free pass (as usual) because they are blacks?
JNB

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2004, 06:49:45 PM »

What about Democrats stumping in Black churches? Or do they get a free pass (as usual) because they are blacks?

I think Dems campiagning in black churches smacks of hypocracy and black churches should be held to the exact same standards as white churches are. Sadly the rules are not applied fairly.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2004, 06:51:15 PM »

I think Dems campiagning in black churches smacks of hypocracy and black churches should be held to the exact same standards as white churches are. Sadly the rules are not applied fairly.

The rules are different if you are black.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2004, 07:44:03 PM »

I agree that both should be looked down upon.

But perhaps the justification isn't that they're Black, but because of the different atmosphere in a Black church.  In addition to the atmosphere, a candidate in a Black church often talks about civil rights while one in a White church will talk more about controversial religious issues and will appear much more like a preacher in any video clips.
Shira

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2004, 09:21:43 PM »

It's gonna get worse [roll eyes]!

Fed up with hearing about Fahrenheit 9/11, SBVFT ads, National Guard service, 'Unfit for Command' book, Kitty Kelley Bush family biog, 527s..........................

The only book, which would remotely interest me at this point in time is Senator Bob Grahan's 'Intelligence Matters'

Dave

O'Reilly already titeled him as "luni" which is the same title he assigned to H.Dean
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »

First, there is NO credible evidence that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth placed the material in the church.

Second, there is NO credible evidence that they had ANYTHING to do with the Osama allegation.

Third, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have more medals and more service than Kerry, so knock of the "cowards" lie.

2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2004, 10:29:12 AM »

sorry, lunar, but states sometimes drives me over the edge; mea culpa if I went too far.

Yeah, it's cool.  I see why you felt provoked, but it was stupid on both sides.  If you don't like certain posters, don't respond to them and don't read them.

Talk about a double standard. Typical.

Exactly. And that includes spoofing the John Kerry for President logo for your fantasy campaign?

How is a fantasy logo a double standard? Quit eating that cat over there in china.

Oops. Sorry. Heated up a bit.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2004, 01:07:08 PM »

First, there is NO credible evidence that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth placed the material in the church.

Second, there is NO credible evidence that they had ANYTHING to do with the Osama allegation.

Third, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have more medals and more service than Kerry, so knock of the "cowards" lie.

1) True ... but it is likely that someone aligned with the group did it.

2) False ... I have the flyer.  Want me to scan it and email it to you?

3) True ... I wouldn't call them cowards.  I would call them @ssholes though.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2004, 08:56:09 PM »

I agree that both should be looked down upon.

But perhaps the justification isn't that they're Black, but because of the different atmosphere in a Black church.  In addition to the atmosphere, a candidate in a Black church often talks about civil rights while one in a White church will talk more about controversial religious issues and will appear much more like a preacher in any video clips.

I'm trying to fathom the reasoning behind your post.

Is it ok for a politician to speak about non-religious issues in a church but not ok for a politican to speak about religious issues in church?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2004, 09:26:55 PM »

What?  I made it clear in my post that I looked down at politicians using churches and then took a birds-eye view of the whole situation in my analysis (referring to how it looks in TV rather than why it's "wrong").

I was simply explaining why a politician speaking in a Black church is far less controversial and pointing towards other reasons besides race that has to do with it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies