IN: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 6 (4 w/o leaners)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:31:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IN: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 6 (4 w/o leaners)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IN: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 6 (4 w/o leaners)  (Read 1451 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »

New Poll: Indiana President by Rasmussen on 2008-08-21

Summary: D: 43%, R: 49%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

With leaners

McCain 49%

Obama 43%

Other 2%

Not sure 6%

Without leaners

McCain 46%

Obama 42%

Other 4%

Not sure 8%
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

Finally Smiley
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

Obama better not put Bayh on this ticket solely because of this BS.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »

It'll go to McCain.  SUSA just had some crappy polls in there.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 01:14:59 PM »

Not surprising, anyone who didn't expect this to happen in a 50-50 race was delusional.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

The racists finally came out of their holes and said f*** it McCain +6 in Indiana.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »

Seems about right, if the race is currently 50-50. I don't think Obama should pull out of the state or anything, but it's clearly not the state that's going to get him over 270.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »

Seems about right, if the race is currently 50-50. I don't think Obama should pull out of the state or anything, but it's clearly not the state that's going to get him over 270.

This is the second poll in a row that shows this type of margin. It looks like Obama's state-specific economy ads in Indiana have not been working that well.

Indiana was always a stretch anyways, but this seems to confirm Indiana as most likely not a tipping point state.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »

The racists finally came out of their holes and said f*** it McCain +6 in Indiana.

Because race is the ONLY reason people could possibly support McCain.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 03:41:33 PM »

What's really surprising is that Obama has managed to keep it so close in one of the most solidly Republican larger states in the country... This is despite the fact that Obama until recently was not hitting McCain hard on the economy in a state that has lost 25% of its manufacturing jobs since 2000.

Needless to say, as I have remarked on many other threads, I think the "race explanation" for Obama's polling and primary votes is WAY overstated (with the possible exception of a few states in the deep South).
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »

What's really surprising is that Obama has managed to keep it so close in one of the most solidly Republican larger states in the country... This is despite the fact that Obama until recently was not hitting McCain hard on the economy in a state that has lost 25% of its manufacturing jobs since 2000.

Needless to say, as I have remarked on many other threads, I think the "race explanation" for Obama's polling and primary votes is WAY overstated (with the possible exception of a few states in the deep South).

racism is very strong: 90%of blacks will vote for a black candidate.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »

I disagree.  90% of blacks wouldn't have voted for Alan Keyes if we had no Obama.  A good 80%-ish vote Democratic no matter what.

EDIT: whoops - typo!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »

I disagree.  90% of blacks wouldn't have voted for Alan Keyes if we had no Obama.  A good 80%-ish vote Democratic no matter what.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 08:28:45 PM »

Untrue, I heard Michael Steele got ~30% percent of blacks in the Maryland senate race.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »

Untrue, I heard Michael Steele got ~30% percent of blacks in the Maryland senate race.

According to the exit polls, Steele got about 25% of the black vote: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/MD/S/01/epolls.0.html
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »

According to the exit polls, Steele got about 25% of the black vote: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/MD/S/01/epolls.0.html

It's still more than the 11% Bush got.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »

On the other hand, Lynn Sweet sucked among blacks--there's a viability threshhold going on here, among other things.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

First of all Steele was a much better candidate for MD than Bush was and second do you really expect a minority community to not vote for its guy? Seriously this happens all around the world not just in America. So Steele maybe got a 10% swing among the black vote just because he is black. Frankly that is lower than I would expect.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 11:13:19 PM »

On the other hand, Lynn Sweet sucked among blacks--there's a viability threshhold going on here, among other things.

Lynn Sweet?  If the rest of your point is what I think it is, then I agree.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »

First of all Steele was a much better candidate for MD than Bush was and second do you really expect a minority community to not vote for its guy?

Yes. How did Steve Cohen defeat Nikki Tinker by such a large margin? Hillary should have gone to SC and explicitly said it was not about race. That way she would have done a little better, and also would have looked a lot better.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

America is not 'all over the world'. No offense, but this is an exceptional place-- at its best. Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 12:17:33 AM »

Lynn Sweet?  If the rest of your point is what I think it is, then I agree.

Oop, Lynn Swann, yep.

Funny how I accidentally name-dropped someone I didn't even know I knew.  Hooray subconscious.

Edit: Or was Lynn Sweet the Chicago press lady essentially assigned to Obama's career?  I guess it wasn't so subconscious Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 12:19:36 AM »

Safe McCain now !
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 05:11:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

America is not 'all over the world'. No offense, but this is an exceptional place-- at its best. Smiley

Nah people are the same wherever you go. American democracy is not exactly exceptional but it's a system of government that is much better than most of the world.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »

But, but, that's not racism! It's voting in their interests! Roll Eyes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

But, but, that's not racism! It's voting in their interests! Roll Eyes

wow. I never realized that Kerry....or Gore....or Clinton.....(etc.).....were ns!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies