Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 01:13:15 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Presidential Election Trends (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King)
| | |-+  A quick question...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A quick question...  (Read 1197 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:40:06 pm »
Ignore

lets say that Obama and Biden loose narrowly against McCain and Romney on November 4th. Obama still does well in the election and the democrats keep the congress. Obama works for the congressional races in 2010 and keeps the democrats in both houses of congress.

Now for the question, in this scenario, would Obama run again in 2012 for the democratic nomiantion? How would that election play out?

Just for the fun of it, summer 2014 reading: I am taking college courses both in July & did in May. I have read all of the material for those. Besides that I read Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story & the book on Kennedy & Nixon by Chris Matthews both cover to cover & before that One Last Kiss: The Chris Coleman Story. All very informative & entertaining books. I have started Rendevouz With Destiny By Craig Shirley.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:19:31 am »
Ignore

I've actually wondered this. I think it's very possible.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:09:06 am »
Ignore

Obama has said that his wife won't let him run again. Take that for what you will.
Lankford for US Senate 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 04:47:03 am »
Ignore

Obama has said that his wife won't let him run again. Take that for what you will.

Plus, I think in 2012, Hillary will stage a fierce comeback no matter who is in the White House when the campaign unofficially begins on Swearing-in Day in January 2011.

Obama certainly has time to run again, (he'll only be 51 in 2012), but he, and Hillary, will run the risk of being a has-been, the same thing that killed the Edwards campaign in early 2008 and probably part of the reason Al Gore isn't running.

This will sound very home-state biased, but I seriously think we will have a new player on the national scene in 2012, or definitely in 2016, and that is then-Former Governor Brad Henry of Oklahoma.  Henry will position himself by running for the Senate in 2010 and use that as a spring board into either 2012 or 2016, or an outside chance of 2020.  Remember, Henry will only be 47 by January 2011 (he was elected Governor at age 39), and that would put him 48 or 49 by Election Day 2012, and you can do the math for 2016 and 2020 and even 2024.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:36:30 pm »
Ignore

Plus, I think in 2012, Hillary will stage a fierce comeback no matter who is in the White House when the campaign unofficially begins on Swearing-in Day in January 2011.

The unofficial for Clinton begins 11-5-08, at the latest.

Obama certainly has time to run again, (he'll only be 51 in 2012), but he, and Hillary, will run the risk of being a has-been, the same thing that killed the Edwards campaign in early 2008 and probably part of the reason Al Gore isn't running.

208 was the time, and the time for the liberal wing of the Democratic Party.  If it fails this time, the next candidate is not a liberal.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout