PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44634 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?

Are you serious? Or just being a joke poster? Are you saying comedians should not be able to poke fun at foreign nations? Or make racy or insulting jokes? You're advocating more censorship than we currently have.
for your fist two questions yes and the other no. No but i am just pointing out the worst case.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

so people can be racist and be blatantly sexist because of this right?

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue
but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.

But if person A kills person B because they dislike something that they saw on TV, it is perfectly valid to punish person A. People are supposed to retain control of their faculties.

Also, I find it unlikely that regulating the media will lead to an increase in acts of violence.

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?

Comedians should be able to poke fun at whomever whenever. I dare you to find one instance of a country declaring war over a joke told on air by a comedian from another country.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #402 on: May 25, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 11:56:06 PM by Dc_united_15 »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue
but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.

But if person A kills person B because they dislike something that they saw on TV, it is perfectly valid to punish person A. People are supposed to retain control of their faculties.

Also, I find it unlikely that regulating the media will lead to an increase in acts of violence.

Comedians should be able to poke fun at whomever whenever. I dare you to find one instance of a country declaring war over a joke told on air by a comedian from another country.

ok but i can give you this:
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/10689/Sarah-Silverman/Comedian/Jury-Duty/Jury-Duty-Joke
also:
http://blog.nola.com/cest-la-nola/2009/02/racist_katrina_jokes_getting_p.html
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2009, 12:08:46 AM »

Media Regulation

Energy

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/10689/Sarah-Silverman/Comedian/Jury-Duty/Jury-Duty-Joke
also:

Well sure, but if people make those comments & meet with condemnation, doesn't that go to show that regulating their ability to make those comments is unnecessary as they will be punished for them nevertheless?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »

Media Regulation

Energy

also:

Well sure, but if people make those comments & meet with condemnation, doesn't that go to show that regulating their ability to make those comments is unnecessary as they will be punished for them nevertheless?
no. Also mariachi get shot case they sing the news. it has happened her b4.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28:22 AM »

Media Regulation

Energy

also:

no. Also mariachi get shot case they sing the news. it has happened her b4.

So should singing the news be prohibited due to increasing the risk of violence?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: May 26, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »

Hmm, we may now thoroughly dismiss the notion that anything DC_united says is intelligent (or intelligible) .
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: May 26, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »

Hmm, we may now thoroughly dismiss the notion that anything DC_united says is intelligent (or intelligible) .
The music thing is very true.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:45 AM »

I would beg to differ.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #409 on: May 26, 2009, 05:52:14 AM »

I do not support any censorship at all. People should be able to say what ever they may choose. People also have the right to not listen to what that person says. If a government goes around telling people what they can and can not say then what makes us any different then a communist nation.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »

I do not support any censorship at all. People should be able to say what ever they may choose. People also have the right to not listen to what that person says. If a government goes around telling people what they can and can not say then what makes us any different then a communist nation.

Doesn't have too much to do with communism.....but I agree with you 100% that no censorship should be tolerated.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2009, 06:46:53 AM »

Why is DC_united still trolling around here while Xahar is still banned?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »

What is this ticket's views on issues like trade, drug legalization, and our health care system?

Also, I have long supported a constitutional amendment establishing a federal min. wage. I realize PiT must oppose this, but what would be this ticket's views on min. wage laws in general?

I am one of this nation's few anti-free trade Senators however I don't have a big problem with keeping it as is other than the fact that I feel we really do need to ensure all agreements are reciprocal.  On drug legalization I most certainly do not agree with any furthur expansions of the legalized drug list.  On health care I believe in a universal system with a private component.  Finally when it comes to a minimum wage I agree with my running mate that a constitutional amendment would be good for the nation.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #413 on: May 27, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

I extend thanks to my colleague/opponent's running mate Senator Bacon King for noticing the flaw with the Free Communications Bill. I would like to point out that I have suggested a draft of a new Free Communications Bill to correct for this flaw.

Furthermore, in commitment to my earlier stated platform position, I would like to pass a bill that would offer incentives to other countries in exchange for taking similar measures to abolish censorship in their news media as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

I extend thanks to my colleague/opponent's running mate Senator Bacon King for noticing the flaw with the Free Communications Bill. I would like to point out that I have suggested a draft of a new Free Communications Bill to correct for this flaw.

Furthermore, in commitment to my earlier stated platform position, I would like to pass a bill that would offer incentives to other countries in exchange for taking similar measures to abolish censorship in their news media as well.

Could you explain what type of incentives and just what your definition of censorship is? Will there be any enforcement or is this another one of those " Kim Jong Ill gets the dough and we get sh**t on type deals". 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

Could you explain what type of incentives and just what your definition of censorship is? Will there be any enforcement or is this another one of those " Kim Jong Ill gets the dough and we get sh**t on type deals". 

We mean that we will offer these incentives to any countries that renounce all ability to control the content of their airwaves in anyway whatsoever. The determination of this will be the responsibility of the SoEA.

As far as incentives go, it will depend on the country. They will receive a slightly increased share of the foreign aid budget, which is in no way to be construed as increasing the foreign aid budget. If they end up in a situation where they are at war, we will help them in whatever capacity we can without risking entering the conflict ourselves.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »

We mean that we will offer these incentives to any countries that renounce all ability to control the content of their airwaves in anyway whatsoever. The determination of this will be the responsibility of the SoEA.

As far as incentives go, it will depend on the country. They will receive a slightly increased share of the foreign aid budget, which is in no way to be construed as increasing the foreign aid budget. If they end up in a situation where they are at war, we will help them in whatever capacity we can without risking entering the conflict ourselves.

We are in total agreement on this matter and I hope during our term we can see it resolved.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #417 on: May 31, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »

How do you think we should handle entitlement reform?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2009, 09:30:22 PM »

How do you think we should handle entitlement reform?

We think we should attempt to save money without hurting the quality of service for those who benefit the most. This means reducing access to Social Security & Medicare for well-off individuals & pursuing other measures to reduce costs, such as bringing in prescription drugs from Canada.

Other measures may be necessary, but as NC Yankee pointed out we cannot know for sure until the GM gives us a report on the current state of affairs in this area.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »

Senator PiT and myself would like to state our opposition to Senator Purple State's recently introduced Federal Libel and Slander Penalization Act due to the simple idea that it regulates Atlasians right to free speech.  It is up to the reader of a post to determine for themselves what they do and don't believe.  Often the "truth" of a subject is open to interpretation and may be used for political purposes.  This is why I was againest this legislation when it was brought up in my own region.  Though it was passed in the Mideast I hope that we can ensure that it does not become national law.  Thank you all for your time.  Good night.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »

Senator PiT and myself would like to state our opposition to Senator Purple State's recently introduced Federal Libel and Slander Penalization Act due to the simple idea that it regulates Atlasians right to free speech.  It is up to the reader of a post to determine for themselves what they do and don't believe.  Often the "truth" of a subject is open to interpretation and may be used for political purposes.  This is why I was againest this legislation when it was brought up in my own region.  Though it was passed in the Mideast I hope that we can ensure that it does not become national law.  Thank you all for your time.  Good night.

Can't agree on everything. Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »

Can't agree on everything. Wink

Of course not.  :-p
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »

I would like to publically apologize for what occurred earlier tonight. It was the product of an outburst of indignation over an injustice (real or imagined, I shall never know) & the indiscretion of youth.

If any citizen of Atlasia feels less inclined to support me for President, I will completely understand. After all, by doing what I did, I undermined some of the trust that forms the foundation of fun elections in Atlasia. As such, I ask for the forgiveness of all citizens of Atlasia, & I sincerely hope that nobody's political career is adversely affected by tonight's events.

If you elect me President, I will trust in my advisors & in the good people of the Senate to make sure that I never take action in a brash manner. I will work hard to remain in control of my own faculties, but a certain amount of irrational behavior comes with youth. Again though, if you cannot trust me I will not hold it against anyone.

To conclude, I hope that this is something that we can put in the past. I'm deeply sorry that this happened at all, & I hope that this is not something that permanently stains Atlasia in anyway.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »

I would like to publically apologize for what occurred earlier tonight. It was the product of an outburst of indignation over an injustice (real or imagined, I shall never know) & the indiscretion of youth.

If any citizen of Atlasia feels less inclined to support me for President, I will completely understand. After all, by doing what I did, I undermined some of the trust that forms the foundation of fun elections in Atlasia. As such, I ask for the forgiveness of all citizens of Atlasia, & I sincerely hope that nobody's political career is adversely affected by tonight's events.

If you elect me President, I will trust in my advisors & in the good people of the Senate to make sure that I never take action in a brash manner. I will work hard to remain in control of my own faculties, but a certain amount of irrational behavior comes with youth. Again though, if you cannot trust me I will not hold it against anyone.

To conclude, I hope that this is something that we can put in the past. I'm deeply sorry that this happened at all, & I hope that this is not something that permanently stains Atlasia in anyway.

Brilliant, a moving speech. Cry     

Senator, I don't know about others, but I still support you. You cannot judge somebody based on one mere lapse of judgment, especially given the alternatives in this race.

Good luck, I hope you can "weather the storm", so to speak.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2009, 11:14:53 PM »

I will forgive you. you have more pros than cons.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies