PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:30:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44637 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »

You still have my support of course but next time consider us on the east coast when you time things
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #426 on: June 04, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

PiT, how would you have voted on this bill?:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=56826.0
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #427 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2009, 03:35:28 PM by Senator PiT »

I would vote Nay. While employment discrimination is something that we should strive to eliminate, if an employer wishes to run a homosexual-only or heterosexual-only establishment that should be their prerogative. Even that aside, the government should not be in the business of legislating hiring practices.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #428 on: June 04, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »

Even that aside, the government should not be in the business of legislating hiring practices.

You just voted 'Aye' on a bill to prohibit employers from using affirmative action.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #429 on: June 04, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »

Even that aside, the government should not be in the business of legislating hiring practices.

You just voted 'Aye' on a bill to prohibit employers from using affirmative action.

Ugh, I've been swamped lately. I forgot what the original bill was about, & voted based on the arguments that I had seen in the thread. I'll go rectify that now.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »

Ugh, I've been swamped lately. I forgot what the original bill was about, & voted based on the arguments that I had seen in the thread. I'll go rectify that now.

i dunno about you guys, but i don't want a prez who can't read a few paragraphs to make his decision. I want a prez who is accurate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »

i dunno about you guys, but i don't want a prez who can't read a few paragraphs to make his decision. I want a prez who is accurate.

If I am President then I will be sufficiently removed from the process of amending bills & such that I won't be confused when it comes to signing bills. On the other hand, I do intend to become involved in Senate debate.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »

Senator PiT and Senator HappyWarrior sit on stage with Mideast Assembly member and Mideast Senate Candidate Dan

(Dan walks to mic)

Citizens of Atlasia,

Welcome to downtown Louisville, KY!

I come today to talk a litte about why I support the PiT/HappyWarrior ticket. Both of this guys are very smart and well known Senator. They both have shown that they are willing to work with anyone to get what they need done, much like myself.

They are willing to look past party lines and get their hands dirty. At this point in time we need leaders who are willing to do what every it takes to get the job done. To take a stand when no one else will stand.

We can't play the same old party line games of the past. We need to step back and look at who is running, what they have done for Atlasia, and what they are going to do for Atlasia.

Both PiT and HappyWarrior will do what is best for Atlasia. They are willing to be active in debates, unlike many of today. They are willing to sit down and listen to all sides to try to find the best way to move Atlasia forward.

Folks, during this time in our history, we can't afford to elected the same old, same old ideas. We need new ideas, we need new views to help bring Atlasia back to what she can be. Folks, we need leaders who care for Atlasia and not just the political gains of being President and Vice President. We need a bright light to show us the way in this dark and unknown time we live in today. Leaders who will pick themselves up by their bootstraps and walk forward to a better Atlasia.

That is why we need Pit and HappyWarrior as our President and Vice President. That is why we can't just send anyone to Nyman.

We need strong leaders. We need active leaders. We need caring leaders. We need one that aren't worried about party lines. We need Pit and HappyWarrior!

So join me in voting for PiT/HappyWarrior and move Atlasia forward!!

Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!

(Dan walks over to Sen. Pit and Sen. HappyWarrior and shake hands and all walk off stage together)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »

*Applauds from the the front row*

*Is quickly shuffled off into a black SUV by Atlasian Security Services*
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #434 on: June 10, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »

Senator HappyWarrior walks on stage at a recently built platform in front of the town hall of his hometown of La Plata, Maryland.

Hello everyone and welcome to my hometown of La Plata.  I am here today quite simply to bring the presidential campaign back into the limelight.  In Atlasia's upcoming election you, the voters, have two clear cut choices.  You may vote for myself and Senator PiT, a choice for all Atlasians who shall send our nation down a road of compromise and results, or down the JCP road of zombies, inactivity, and few real results.  However today I did not come here today simply to set out the problems with our opponents.  The main reason I came here today was simply to inform you all of a few plans under development by myself and my running mate.  First off I plan to either propose a bill codefying the SOEA's role either before my Senate term ends or I will hand the bill over to be refined to one of the other Senators (Most likely SOEA Hashemite).  Also both I and PiT are working on setting out a tax code for Atlasia.  We also promise our choices for cabinet positions and the GM will be active and effective and will cross party lines should we be elected.  The time has come for Atlasia to move forward and that is what we will do!  Thank you all for your time.  Be sure to vote!
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »

Senator PiT, something that has been discussed quite a lot during this election is the current lack of a GM here in Atlasia. In the presidential debate you have been a strong advocate for new laws that will require more activity from future GM's in order to ensure that the game goes on, so to speak.

What I'd like to know is, if elected what qualities would you be looking for in a potential nominee for GM, and do you have any elegeble candidates in mind for that position already?

I'm also curious to know, what you think of the current system to name a GM. As we all know, GM is one of the most powerful positions you can hold in this great nation, since that person is the one making up the plot. Theoreticly, a GM could use those powers to benefit a special candidate for say the precidency by for example creating an economic crise, which would benefit candidates with economic skills. Considering that, do you think it is wise to have the GM being a member of the sitting president's administration, rather than being an indipendant institution? Would you support legeizlation to change the system, making the GM indipendant of the presidency? If so, how do you imagine such a system would look like?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

We are looking for a GM who is willing to be active & who will write about not only events, but also the effects of the Senate's responses to those events. That way the members of the Senate could feel like their legislation has actually had some sort of impact.

Someone we are looking to as a potential GM is former Senator & Attorney General Brandon H. While he is not someone who is extremely active currently, but he has expressed interest in the position & is someone who I have the utmost respect for. We have every intention of making sure that he is an active & productive GM should he be confirmed to the position.

We think that the GM is a position that should be under the purview of both the Senate & the President. While we think the GM should be someone that the President trusts, & be cooperative in implementing the Presidential agenda, the GM is also someone whose role is important to give the Senate news to legislate on. If the GM fails to provide news, or provides ridiculous & outlandish news, the Senate should be able to remove him & demand someone who does a more satisfactory job.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »

I just joined our party today, but I am very excited about our ticket. I hope the Democratic Alliance has a great victory in this election!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #438 on: June 16, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2009, 08:58:50 PM by Senator PiT »

Due to popular demand, here is the ticket's platform:

Regional and At-Large Senate Seats

We would like to voice our support for the continuation of the status quo of a split between regional and at-large seats as an important check between regional and national interests.

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Assisted Suicide

We believe it to be the right of all terminally ill persons to seek a quick, painless end to their suffering.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

Executive Officers

We support the codification of the roles of all executive officers, along the lines of the current bill to codify the role of the Secretary of External Affairs.

Game Manager

We believe that the GM should be accountable to both the legislative & executive branches, as the proper function of the position is of great help to both the President and the Senate.

Gay Marriage

We are happy with the current situation whereby heterosexual and homosexual couples have both attained equal recognition through civil unions.

Adoption

We believe it is the right of all couples who are capable of raising children adequately to be able to adopt and foster children, regardless of the parents' sexual orientation.

Service in the Military

We support the right of all persons, regardless of sex or sexuality, to serve in any capacity in the military that they are capable of discharging adequately.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #439 on: June 16, 2009, 08:56:05 PM »

Due to popular demand, here is the ticket's platform:

Regional and At-Large Senate Seats

We would like to voice our support for the continuation of the status quo of a split between regional and at-large seats as an important check between regional and national interests.

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Assisted Suicide

We believe it to be the right of all terminally ill persons to seek a quick, painless end to their suffering.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

Executive Officers

We support the codification of the roles of all executive officers, along the lines of the current bill to codify the role of the Secretary of External Affairs.

Game Manager

We believe that the GM should be accountable to both the legislative & executive branches, as the proper function of the position is of great help to both the President and the Senate.

Gay Marriage

We are happy with the current situation whereby heterosexual and homosexual couples have both attained equal recognition through civil unions.

Adoption

We believe it is the right of all couples who are capable of raising children adequately to be able to adopt and foster children, regardless of the parents' sexual orientation.

Assisted Suicide

Service in the Military

We support the right of all persons, regardless of sex or sexuality, to serve in any capacity in the military that they are capable of discharging adequately.

Once was bad enough but did you have to list assisted suicide twice. Roll Eyes
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 16, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »

Thanks for catching my error. I initially posted an abridged version, but it was suggested that I should post a full version for the benefit of newbies who do not know about the current state of Atlasian policy. That's how it ended up in there twice.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #441 on: June 16, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »

The platform seems a bit...abridged.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #442 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

These are mainly issues that we agree the most strongly on or are most interested in advocating during our term. It is not a complete synopsis of our positions on all issues (which would be difficult since we also disagree on many issues).
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #443 on: June 16, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »

I love the platform!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #444 on: June 16, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

These are mainly issues that we agree the most strongly on or are most interested in advocating during our term. It is not a complete synopsis of our positions on all issues (which would be difficult since we also disagree on many issues).

In that case, please post the remainder of your positions (they are of greater interest to me as you head the ticket).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #445 on: June 16, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »

I thank the candidates for releasing their platform.

In that case, please post the remainder of your positions (they are of greater interest to me as you head the ticket).

You should probably be more specific with your questions, as in what topics interest you (there are an infinite number). But they made it quite clear that these are the topics they will most strongly press in their agenda as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #446 on: June 16, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

This is the most comprehensive version of the platform that I have written up, but feel free to ask about any issue & I will tell you my position on it.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #447 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

I'd just like to put out a brief statement at this moment on the outcome of this election.  First of all I'd like for everyone in all the parties to get out and vote ASAP.  Second of all I would just like to say that no matter who wins this election I am confident this nation will be in capable hands and would like to wish Lief and Bacon King the best of luck.  The two of you have been a class act this election.  This is not to say of course I am not pushing for my own victory.  Myself and PiT have been working long and hard to win this election and I do feel our game reformist ideals will be better for the nation.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #448 on: June 16, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »

This is the most comprehensive version of the platform that I have written up, but feel free to ask about any issue & I will tell you my position on it.

Thank you.

In that case:

Where does the candidate stand on this?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2009, 10:11:59 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2009, 10:17:49 PM by Senator PiT »

Thank you.

In that case:

Where does the candidate stand on this?

I think that's a good idea. We shouldn't be pouring money into a project when there is a cheaper alternative that works well too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies