PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:58:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44647 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: June 16, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »

These are mainly issues that we agree the most strongly on or are most interested in advocating during our term. It is not a complete synopsis of our positions on all issues (which would be difficult since we also disagree on many issues).

In that case, please post the remainder of your positions (they are of greater interest to me as you head the ticket).

This is the most comprehensive version of the platform that I have written up, but feel free to ask about any issue & I will tell you my position on it.

Thank you.

In that case:

Where does the candidate stand on this?

I think that's a good idea. We shouldn't be be pouring money into a project when there is a cheaper alternative that works well too.

Just for clarification I agree.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #451 on: June 17, 2009, 12:23:07 AM »

I am standing before you tonight to say how proud I am that you all have been here to support me this far. The election is fast approaching, & I will say that I am not going to spare any effort in trying to put my ticket ahead of the opposition & emerge victorious.

You may wonder why I have such a great determination to win. Lief is an honorable person, & while I have strong disagreements with him, I am sure he would make a good President. However, just as he has his vision of Atlasia, I have my own vision of Atlasia.

I have a vision of Atlasia where government is a well-oiled machine whose operations are laid out clearly, for both officials & private citizens, & where newbies enthusiastically launch campaigns for offices whose elections will not occur for another one or two months, but they still show vigor & activity in their campaigns. I have a vision of an Atlasia where activity exists everyday, not just around election time.

With that much said, please vote for me so that I can work to make that dream a reality. I will not disappoint you, & I will work hard to make this reality. We will make this election one to echo through the annals of history.

Good night & Dave bless Atlasia! Thank you all for coming out here tonight!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #452 on: June 17, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »

Where do you stand in regards to this?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #453 on: June 17, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »

Personally, as I may have said before, I strongly oppose this or any other plan to modify the regions; they should be left as they are now. However, I have not seen any input from you.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #454 on: June 17, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »

I think that we should consider plans to shrink the number of regions, that we should encourage the currently existing regions to introduce Mideast-style legislatures & see if that can help increase regional activity. The recent uptick in registration means that we might be able to achieve active regions without any reduction to their numbers, & we should try to do just that.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #455 on: June 17, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »

I think that we should consider plans to shrink the number of regions, that we should encourage the currently existing regions to introduce Mideast-style legislatures & see if that can help increase regional activity. The recent uptick in registration means that we might be able to achieve active regions without any reduction to their numbers, & we should try to do just that.

Hm, that's not good. While I agree with adding regional legislatures like in the Mideast to other regions, I can't support any plan to modify the regions themselves.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #456 on: June 17, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »

Hm, that's not good. While I agree with adding regional legislatures like in the Mideast to other regions, I can't support any plan to modify the regions themselves.

I would only consider it as a last resort. In other words, only if there were a massive public consensus as well as a thorough failure of the regions to prove themselves active otherwise.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #457 on: June 17, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

In your opinion, did bgwah make a good choice by nominating Keystone Phil for attorney general? Why or why not?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #458 on: June 17, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »

In your opinion, did bgwah make a good choice by nominating Keystone Phil for Attorney General? Why or why not?

I think he made a good choice. Phil has indicated that he wishes to serve the Atlasian people. Since he was not likely to defeat Hashemite in a Senate race, Bgwah gave Phil an opportunity to do so by appointing him AG. I am always happy to see old Atlasians seeking to get back into public office. Smiley
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #459 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »

In your opinion, did bgwah make a good choice by nominating Keystone Phil for Attorney General? Why or why not?

I think he made a good choice. Phil has indicated that he wishes to serve the Atlasian people. Since he was not likely to defeat Hashemite in a Senate race, Bgwah gave Phil an opportunity to do so by appointing him AG. I am always happy to see old Atlasians seeking to get back into public office. Smiley

So you will not replace Keystone Phil in the event that you are elected?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

I plan to ask all of the executive officials to tender their resignations for me to re-appoint at my discretion (like in real life), but I plan to retain Phil as Attorney General unless something drastic happens.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #461 on: June 17, 2009, 04:46:41 PM »

I plan to ask all of the executive officials to tender their resignations for me to re-appoint at my discretion (like in real life), but I plan to retain Phil as Attorney General unless something drastic happens.

In that case, who would you nominate to the other executive positions if you are elected?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

In that case, who would you nominate to the other executive positions if you are elected?

For SoFA, I have heard that TCash is interested. I am leaning towards him at the moment.

For SoEA, I am not sure at the moment. Maybe Duke, maybe someone else.

For GM (not really an executive position, but one I get to nominate), I think I will likely appoint Brandon H. He is someone who I admire greatly & has indicated that he will be active in the role.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #463 on: June 18, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »

What is your opinion of this?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #464 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »

I'm not sure yet, since it has just come up. My initial reaction is negative towards any measure that makes it harder for new members to join & become active in Atlasia, but I wish to see debate on the matter before I fully commit to a position on it.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #465 on: June 19, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »

Your leading in the vote! Keep it UP! Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2009, 08:40:29 PM »

Your leading in the vote! Keep it UP! Wink

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement! Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »

Congrats on a hard fought campaign you two. With the controversy over certain votes the race is too close to call, but I am rooting for your ticket and congratulate you on a job well done.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »

This is definitely the closest race for President in some time. I must say that it was a blast.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

This is definitely the closest race for President in some time. I must say that it was a blast.

I must of course agree with my running mate and no matter how this controversy ends I think this country will be in good hands.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »

You'll be a great President, best of luck to you PiT.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »

You'll be a great President, best of luck to you PiT.

Thank you, it means a lot to me.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2009, 12:59:37 AM »

Congratulations! This was was really down to the wire.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies