PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44573 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »

You want to know what Region's Rights are? Well, do you know what State's Rights are?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 11:15:41 PM »

Specifically, the right to constituent service & representation in Nyman. I believe I covered it in my speeches in Texas & Arkansas.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »

Maintain the regional election of Senators. What are your feelings on the issue if I may ask?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »

Emphasis on the "regional" part. I don't think anyone thinks that we should abolish the Senate. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »

That's my goal. Wink Helps that I'm running in the most conservative region. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 01:04:36 AM »

I plan to listen to my constituents whenever they feel like they should offer advice. I think the Senate works best as a representative body.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:31 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2008, 09:24:02 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

RPP vice-chairman PiT greets supporters within view of the capitol building in Atlanta, Georgia.

I greet you all today to tell every one of you what I find to be an important issue for Senators to take a stand on. That is, wasteful spending.

I'm not calling out any bills in particular, but I believe it to be important to rein in government spending. If we increase our expenditures, we must either tax ourselves, or we must tax our descendents. Everyone here who has or will have children probably doesn't want to put the load of our own expenditures on those children. At the same time, they might not have the means to take on the load themselves. As such, I will take a stand against wasteful government spending.

When a bill calls for increased spending, the burden of proof will be on its supporters that it is truly a necessity for me to support it. At the same time, I will keep my eyes peeled to try to find wasteful bills that can be repealed. By bringing government spending under control, I seek to keep your assets in your hands & the size of the federal government under control! After all, we all deserve the right to kick back & take five without footing the bill for the wastes of big government. Tongue

My ultimate point being that I will stand for the principles of fiscal conservatism, & we need great men who will join me in doing likewise as our Senators. The government that governs best governs least, in the words of the great Henry David Thoreau. We need to keep our government small, so that we may keep it accountable, & free from bureaucracy.

Good night, & Dave bless Atlasia!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

ATTACK AD Smiley

This message is brought to you by DownWithTheLeft and may or may not be endorsed by Pit

The people of the Dirty South have a long history of regional rights.  Two near secessions, a plethora of initatives and other things have helped strengthned the regions history. 

Now a bill faces the senate that threatens to tear the Dirty South apart and deprive us of our elected representative to Nyman.  And what does Sen. BaconKing think?

To be honest, I'm pretty hesitant about this bill but I will be voting aye because I think the public should have their say.

Tell the senator that regional representation is a cornerstone of this country.  This October, their is only candidate who opposes the efforts to nationalize senate seats.  The man is PiT. 

BTW, don't vote for Gporter
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »

That afterthought makes it a good ad.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

For the record, I don't think negative advertising is really a necessity in this case. I believe that both my opponent & I have easily quantifiable merits & demerits. I need to campaign vigorously to educate the public on mine, but I think that they're plenty aware of where my opponent stands, given that he has been their Senator for the last couple of months.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2008, 07:40:17 PM »

ATTACK AD Smiley

This message is brought to you by DownWithTheLeft and may or may not be endorsed by Pit

The people of the Dirty South have a long history of regional rights.  Two near secessions, a plethora of initatives and other things have helped strengthned the regions history. 

Now a bill faces the senate that threatens to tear the Dirty South apart and deprive us of our elected representative to Nyman.  And what does Sen. BaconKing think?

To be honest, I'm pretty hesitant about this bill but I will be voting aye because I think the public should have their say.

Tell the senator that regional representation is a cornerstone of this country.  This October, their is only candidate who opposes the efforts to nationalize senate seats.  The man is PiT. 

Okay, yes, please attack me because I want to give people a say in government.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 06:58:39 AM »

ATTACK AD Smiley

Okay, yes, please attack me because I want to give people a say in government.
Well, it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously (that's why I prefaced with Smiley )

But that quote really did irk me
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »

Why? You don't want the chance to directly vote no?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »

I don't want the federalists to use a slight numbers advantage to disenfranchise the rest of us
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »

I don't want the federalists to use a slight numbers advantage to disenfranchise the rest of us

So you admit your cause is unviable? It takes more than a slight majority to pass an amendment 'round these parts.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2008, 05:25:30 PM »

So you admit your cause is unviable? It takes more than a slight majority to pass an amendment 'round these parts.
It takes four votes
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »

It takes four votes

Actually, it can take less, depending on where those votes are. I mean, it is possible, though unlikely, for an amendment to pass with a majority of voters voting nay.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

It takes four votes

Realistically, I mean.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »

Care for a debate, PiT?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »

Sure. Like Obama though, I'm not as good a debater as one might think. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2008, 06:39:22 PM »

Candidate for Senate PiT appears to address voters before the old capitol building in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I come before you in my campaign for Senate. Lately, Puerto Rico has been relatively ignored in the affairs of the Southeast. However, if I am to be your Senator, it is my firm belief that I should make my case to you too.

I've talked about how I will help families by reducing the involvement of the federal government, but I intend to go into more depth in that regard, so that you may consider the impact that electing me would have on your day-to-day life.

If elected, I will help introduce incentives to homeschool your children, & spend more time with them. I will also work to open more vocational schools. If you know what job you want to work, a vocational school can get you into the workforce just as efficiently as a four-year college can, & quicker to boot. I will also fight for a reduction of spending combined with smarter spending for the military to save families money. I will fight for the legalization of many drugs, as well as privatizing prisons where non-violent offenders are held, also in the name of reducing the size of government & returning money to families.

There are other things that could be done, but it is difficult to balance the interests of everyone. Senator is a hard job, but rest assured that if you elect me, I'll do my best to discharge the duties of the office.

Good evening, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »

Sure. Like Obama though, I'm not as good a debater as one might think. Wink

That works out perfectly, because I'm already running internet ads saying I won our debate. Tongue

I'll invite gporter too, for the lulz.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »

Good to see you pick up Lt. Gov.'s endorsement Smiley

Wow, it seems like your victory has been coming forever and its still a few weeks away Sad
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »

I've been on the campaign trail ever since the last elections wrapped up. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »

I can't wait for the debate! I am pulling for gporter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies