PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:08:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44564 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »

Why not?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2008, 07:54:25 PM »

To be honest, I am pulling for gporter myself.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »

To be honest, I am pulling for gporter myself.
Everyone is, its kind of like watching Ron Paul in the Republican debates, except moronic and w/o any substance.  The analogy being you don't really care what anyone else has to say, its Gporter's comment that you wait for
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2008, 09:14:46 PM »

I understand the feeling. I want to see what Gporter will say in the debates.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »

I want to see what Gporter will say in the debates.

PiT, Mr. Porter might say stuff like this in the upcoming Southeast Senate debate. It will help you, I can assure you of that.

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2008, 10:56:58 PM »

Why do you treat him like a joke? What if he really does well?

DC United, I suggest you look at this link regarding his most infamous run for Nyman in October 2007. If that link does not serve justice for you, then I would suggest you look at yet another link. Those links will explain everything.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

No one is treating him like a joke. I think I speak for all of us when I say we all want to see GPorter do well. I'm offended that you seem to think he's a joke.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2008, 02:29:10 AM »

No one is treating him like a joke. I think I speak for all of us when I say we all want to see GPorter do well. I'm offended that you seem to think he's a joke.

I do not. But some people do. don't twist my words around.

Out of curiosity DC United, what is your stance on Affirmative Action?
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »

Dirty South Lt. Gov. candidate Daniel Adams will introduce RPP Vice-Chairman PiT today in his next stop: Miami, Florida.

Good afternoon, Miami! Thank you all for being here this Sunday afternoon. As you know, region's rights are being steadily eroded in favor of increased federal power. Our regional identity is under threat, government is moving farther and farther away from the people, and our elections are becoming nationalized. We in the RPP are determined to stand athwart this pernicious trend and protect region's rights. That is why I am running for Lieutenant-Governor and why PiT (The Physicist) is running to be our next Senator.

Our beloved Dirty South has been the greatest defender of region's rights in the nation. We are all cognizant of the history of regionalism here. It is that strong belief region's rights and our wariness of federal authority that has made this region so unique. The Dirty South must be represented by leaders who share its active voters' support for regionalism and who are ready to counter the movement towards greater centralization of power and the abolition of regions.

But PiT will be an excellent Senator for reasons beyond his staunch opposition to the expansion of the federal government. Simply put, he is extraordinarily dedicated to Atlasia. He was instrumental in the RPP's rapid ascent towards becoming major political force. He has worked indefatigablely to expand the party's membership; in fact, it is thanks to him that I am participating in Atlasian politics in the first place. We can be sure that he will work just as tirelessly in representing the Dirty South's interest in the Senate. Senate inactivity has been a problem for quite some time now, and we need people like PiT to liven up the debate.

Without further ado, please join me in welcoming the next Senator from the Dirty South, PiT!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2008, 05:28:34 PM »

Candidate for Senate PiT appears, greeting voters in downtown Miami, Florida.

As our future Lt. Governor Daniel Adams told you already, I stand before you today in the interest of supporting the powers of our region. While Senator Bacon King does share my interest in supporting the rights of the regions to self-govern, I also fear that he is too willing to place the fate of our self-governance in the hands of other regions.

This is the principle reason that I seek to become your next Senator. There are other reasons that I have detailed, such as restricting the power of the government. However, there is a reason that I have not talked about. That reason regards our military.

The other day, I was sitting in a restaurant, eating beef & okra, when I was accosted by a veteran of the Vietnam War. He told me that he had become alienated from the military because they were forced to do battle in a losing war, for bureaucratic greed, alienating them from the public.

I have far too much repsect for our men & women in uniform to suffer the same fates as the veterans of the Vietnam War. If elected Senator, I will push to weaken the national army, & likewise push for greatly strengthened regional militias. As such, the federal government, if found to be acting in a way counterproductive to the war effort, can risk having its army withdrawn from the fields of battle.

After all, to begin a war without the intention of winning it is a terrible injustice to the soldiers who fight it. A president who would condone such actions is not fit to hold the title of Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

If you elect me Senator, I will push for the suggested Council of Governors to have the power to, with a 3/5 majority, put before the Senate a war resolution. If the Senate refuses, the Governors should have the power to, if said country is in poor standing with the Republic of Atlasia, unilaterally engage their regional militias in battle against that nation.

Good evening, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »

I'm not going to comment on "stupid wars." It's not as if there is an objective measure by which to determine a war is stupid, though I do oppose wars that I consider to be stupid.

The point I'm making is that it is terrible for us to fight wars if we aren't trying to win them. If you start a war, the only responsible thing to do is to try to win it. That didn't happen with Vietnam.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »

It was the war that he happened to have fought in, & was a war derailed by the problems that I promise to rally against. If we had fought to win, we could have ended the war sooner & saved lives.

How would you feel if he had been a World War II vet instead of a Vietnam vet?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2008, 02:26:34 AM »

Yeah it is. Damn that fucker Nixon in the White House. I assume you're going to that rally in Washington later this month? From memory I think its called Operation Dewey Canyon III. The best part will be hearing Senator Kennedy speak Cheesy. I've also heard rumour that despite the Chappaquiddick incident that he might still run for President in '72.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »

Vice-chairman PiT is making a stop today in Sen. DWTL's homestate of Alabama in Birmingham.  The senator introduces his collague:

Ladies and gentleman, the campaign is winding down.  The issues are going to the forefront and once again we see the choice become clearer.  As most of you know, when we threatened to secede a few months ago, we had no intention of it.  We merely had to do something to draw attention to our inactive region.  We built it, perhaps no one is as responsible for that as PiT is.  However, there some rough patches.  One citizen, Hashemite, deserted our great region for the Mideast, but before doing that left the nation and formed his own and called our dear Gov. Duke a Nazi and a moron.  Now most of the time events like that would be frowned upon, however, the opposite happened.  Pres. Moderate again smacked our beloved region in the face by appointing this traitor to represent our country as the SoEA.  Clearly a senator from our region would be naturally appalled.  However, folks, Sen. BaconKing was not, he voted IN FAVOR OF HASHEMITE.  He had nothing but praise for the child who smeared our dear region so much.

I voted no, but alas like many things it was a lonesome battle.  I need help folks.  I need you to send someone to fight alongisde me in the senate, someone who loves the Dirty South as much as I do and will not let others trash it.  That man is here today, so without further adu, here he is, the next senator from the Dirty South, PiT!!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »

LOL. I love this campaign.

PiT, see what I was talking about? That step really needs to be taken right now.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

PiT, see what I was talking about? That step really needs to be taken right now.
Yes, PiT, listen to person who has won sooooooo many elections.  Xahar really knows how to get things done. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:11 PM »

Yes, PiT, listen to person who has won sooooooo many elections.  Xahar really knows how to get things done. 

I had a biting comeback, but I decided not to waste it here.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »

Senate candidate PiT appears to greet voters in front of a really tall monument in Birmingham, Alabama.

As DWTL pointed out, Hashemite was suffice it to say, not courteous in his dissent towards us when we threatened to secede. Despite his efforts to decrease the level of political discourse by referring to the leaders of the secessionist movement as "fascist dictators," he has been elected Mideastern Assemblyman & now affirmed as Secretary of External Affairs. Perhaps if I run over to the Northeast & call Lief & Rocky fascists it will boost my political career. Tongue

Nevertheless, people that I've encountered in the streets have told me that they like me, but they view my party as being rather extreme. One of them was the grandson of a Civil War vet. He told me that he didn't think secession was in the vogue anymore. Wink

Needless to say, if elected, I plan to be a voice for Southeastern conservatism, & will work to dispel the rumors of my party's extremism, as far as I can without compromising my devotion to the pursuit of the rights of regions or of smaller, more accountable federal government.

Good day, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2008, 03:35:09 PM »

To look non-extreme? I plan to consult my constituents on many votes & to search for compromises wherever feasible.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

What do you think makes your party look extreme?
As Duke so eloquently put it (referring to me):

If we walked into an ice cream shop, it would be a right-wing ice cream shop.  The extreme left-wing tilt of Atlasia makes our party look right-wing.  The fact, we aren't left or right or anything, just pro-regionalism and pro making the game exciting (ie threatening to secede)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

Isn't it odd that far-right parties always claim to transcend the political spectrum? Take the Sweden Democrats, for instance.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »

Isn't it odd that far-right parties always claim to transcend the political spectrum? Take the Swedish Democrats, for instance.
Its odd that you consider a party containing mostly libertarians and moderate liberals to be "far-right", hell Duke is pro-choice

The fact is left/right does not matter in Atlasia, what matters is regionalism and activity and you remaining on the ballot as chode
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »

pro making the game exciting (ie threatening to secede)

Lol, then why the big deal with Hashemite being a "traitor"?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »

That's what matters to you? Really? I'd love to see you defend that law. I don't think even Porce would now.

But I actually have been called that off the forum, because it happens to be homophonous with the first syllable of my last name.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »

That's what matters to you? Really? I'd love to see you defend that law. I don't think even Porce would now.

But I actually have been called that off the forum, because it happens to be homophonous with the first syllable of my last name.

It's called being sarcastic and/or antagonistic. Truth be told, it's humorous to have a candidate called Chode, & unless you can demonstrate that it costs you votes, there's really no harm done. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies