PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:30:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44576 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 22, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »

PiT/HappyWarrior!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: May 22, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

I would like to thank Senator PiT for the opportunity to be his running mate.  I think the two of us both have a strong history of compromise and capability in the Senate.  Not only that but the two of us have both been highly active in our roles since our election and now is the time to move forward into a new era for Atlasia.  PiT and myself are counting on your votes in June.  I also swear that I will be a wholly independent VP and will always stand for my principles and will always do as my job requires.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #327 on: May 22, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?

I respect both of them immensely. I was fine with HappyWarrior as my running mate, & would have been just as happy to have Purple State as my running mate. Purple State was my first choice mainly due to the fact that I was impressed by the speed with which he had risen to the level of political power that he currently holds.

I would like to pass bills that increase the liberty of Atlasian society. At the same time though, I will be mindful of the input of the Senators that vote on any bills that I support, to help ensure that at least some of my agenda comes to pass, even if there are parts that the Senate disagrees with me on.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »

Endors'd

(and my old Anti-OC Transpo Alliance [AOCTA] is pleased to endorse a anti-OC Transpo candidate).
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »

PiT,

I respect both of them immensely. I was fine with HappyWarrior as my running mate, & would have been just as happy to have Purple State as my running mate. Purple State was my first choice mainly due to the fact that I was impressed by the speed with which he had risen to the level of political power that he currently holds.

I would like to pass bills that increase the liberty of Atlasian society. At the same time though, I will be mindful of the input of the Senators that vote on any bills that I support, to help ensure that at least some of my agenda comes to pass, even if there are parts that the Senate disagrees with me on.

what is the first bill you want to pass?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »

PiT,

One issue that I'm interested in getting a bill passed to correct is citizen inactivity. So far I have been unimpressed with proposals I have seen to deal with this issue, so while I want to make it the first bill I pass, I cannot say for sure that it will be.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »

PiT,

One issue that I'm interested in getting a bill passed to correct is citizen inactivity. So far I have been unimpressed with proposals I have seen to deal with this issue, so while I want to make it the first bill I pass, I cannot say for sure that it will be.

Your 1st bill is also the number one issue in my Senate campaign. I put forward a few general proposals on my Campaign page to deal with that, the first being Game Moderator reform.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2009, 01:58:54 PM by Senator PiT »

PiT,

Your 1st bill is also the number one issue in my Senate campaign. I put forward a few general proposals on my Campaign page to deal with that, the first being Game Moderator reform.

I know. If you come up with an idea for a bill to deal with voter inactivity that I think will work, I would be glad to support it, 100%.

I also like your suggestion for the GM. Also maybe put into place a mandatory minimum activity requirement. Say, put out something at least once every two weeks or be shown the door, unless the GM gives a good reason for not being able to update it on time.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2009, 01:58:38 PM »

I've read through all this and, with all due respect, it's not clear why you're running. Have you got a platform or goals for your prospective term of office? In other words, are you running just to win an election and so seeking to emulate the Presidencies of Keystone Phil and the current incumbent?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »

I've read through all this and, with all due respect, it's not clear why you're running. Have you got a platform or goals for your prospective term of office? In other words, are you running just to win an election and so seeking to emulate the Presidencies of Keystone Phil and the current incumbent?

oh i told him to run. We want fun so we need people to run. duh. Also he wants to step up to the plate and make a home run. hehe
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »

PiT,

I know. If you come up with an idea for a bill to deal with voter inactivity that I think will work, I would be glad to support it, 100%.

I also like your suggestion for the GM. Also maybe put into place a mandatory minimum activity requirement. Say, put out something at least once every two weeks or be shown the door, unless the GM gives a good reason for not being able to update it on time.

I was thinking of something like having a boilerplate contract updated weekly by having the GM fill in the blanks. At least on the economic front we could get a lot of the needed info that way. It won't do much for foriegn events though. But most legislation is domestically oriented anyway and the economic condition can then be used in races and lead to various bills to address it. Guarrenteed activity. Of course the other option is just to pump Ebowed full of steriods and see if that has any effect Cheesy , Just kidding of course Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

I seek to make progress on two fronts in particular as President.

For one, I want to help push legislation to increase voter activity & enact other forms of forum affairs reform. I must say I was inspired to do so not too long ago. I knew that I had some idea that things needed fixing, but I really didn't know how exactly to do it. However, the recent involvement & contribution of several newbies, most recently Vepres, made me realize that maybe a more active voter base in Atlasia is not a pipe dream.

Another thing I would like to do is increase the liberty of Atlasian society. While that may seem vague, I am particularly keen on removing laws that I view as unjust & liberalizing our policies in all areas of the body politic. For an example of what I mean, see my recent work on the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act.

oh i told him to run. We want fun so we need people to run. duh. Also he wants to step up to the plate and make a home run. hehe

I was thinking about running before you suggested it (though your suggestion definitely pushed me towards doing so).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »

PiT,

I was thinking of something like having a boilerplate contract updated weekly by having the GM fill in the blanks. At least on the economic front we could get a lot of the needed info that way. It won't do much for foriegn events though. But most legislation is domestically oriented anyway and the economic condition can then be used in races and lead to various bills to address it. Guarrenteed activity. Of course the other option is just to pump Ebowed full of steriods and see if that has any effect Cheesy , Just kidding of course Wink

I'll try to think of a bill along those lines. Of course if I come up with one sooner rather than later, I'll be sure that you get credit for the idea. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »

I seek to make progress on two fronts in particular as President.

For one, I want to help push legislation to increase voter activity & enact other forms of forum affairs reform. I must say I was inspired to do so not too long ago. I knew that I had some idea that things needed fixing, but I really didn't know how exactly to do it. However, the recent involvement & contribution of several newbies, most recently Vepres, made me realize that maybe a more active voter base in Atlasia is not a pipe dream.

Another thing I would like to do is increase the liberty of Atlasian society. While that may seem vague, I am particularly keen on removing laws that I view as unjust & liberalizing our policies in all areas of the body politic. For an example of what I mean, see my recent work on the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act.

I was thinking about running before you suggested it (though your suggestion definitely pushed me towards doing so).

To think that DC united encouraged someone to run for President with a great chance of winning. Just a few months a ago she was considered a nuisance now she is one of the movers and shakers of Atlasia.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

You're still trolling? Dear, oh dear.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »

PiT,

I'll try to think of a bill along those lines. Of course if I come up with one sooner rather than later, I'll be sure that you get credit for the idea. Tongue

I could not care less who gets credit for this. I have been hoping that you, Franzl or PS would beat to this cause the sooner its resolved the better for Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

I would like to say first that the person who is my running mate is someone who is quite distinguished in Atlasian politics & is someone who I am proud to be able to work with, though we have certain ideological differences. Without further ado, my running mate is none other than the esteemed Senator of the Mideast, HappyWarrior!

Who could have ever seen this coming? Who, I ask!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »

Indeed, it's not lack of interest (in my humble, newbish opinion) that is decreasing the number of active newbies and the activity of veterans, but the system and those that run it. The constitutional convention is a good step, as would be your proposal for minimum GM activity. Most importantly though is that we have active and enthusiastic leaders who actively recruit newbies. Indeed, Senator Pit himself got me into Atlasia. I was overwhelmed when I first read through the forum, but once I learned that the members were open to newbies joining (I more inferred this because Senator Pit asked me to join) I hopped right on. Cheesy While I won't go so far as to declare my support for you, I will say that you have an excellent vision for the future of Atlasia.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »

Endorsed. I strongly believe that the PiT/HappyWarrior ticket will bring the active and vibrant executive office necessary to begin a "great awakening" in Atlasia.

PiT,

As I was committed to serving a full term in the Senate, I was one of the main architects behind the choice of HappyWarrior. As such, PiT, HW and I are more than happy with the way in which this ticket took shape. I look forward to working with both of them when these two vigilant Senators are elected to President and Vice President.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

And what function does HW serve on this ticket outside "token DA member?" I hardly see the similarities between these two. (HW doesn't really care about social issues and PiT is no economic centrist.)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

And what function does HW serve on this ticket outside "token DA member?" I hardly see the similarities between these two. (HW doesn't really care about social issues and PiT is no economic centrist.)

If I may speak from what I am aware of, PiT and HappyWarrior have come together to form an "Atasia First" ticket, focused less on ideological differences and more on reforming the nation. It is more than just a "token DA" VP choice; it is a commitment to resolve certain ideological debates and allow these two parties to come together for the betterment of Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Riiight, okay then..
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »

Again, as the point person heading all DA campaigns for the June elections, I can tell you there would not be such high-up DA support unless we knew PiT and the RPP were committed to working side-by-side with HappyWarrior and the DA to move past partisan and extremist bickering and work to improve the game as a whole.

And I believe I speak on behalf of the campaign when I invite yourself, Marokai, and the JCP to work with this coalition in ensuring the success of this progressive, pro-Atlasian agenda.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2009, 09:31:29 PM by Senator PiT »

Yes, we want to reform the system & try to move beyond the ideological divisions of the last few months (as fun as they have been) to brainstorm solutions to some of Atlasia's core problems. I have actually given much thought to the activity problem. It is no small task to create a good solution.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies