PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:52:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44521 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »

PiT/HappyWarrior to victory!!!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

By the way Marokai do you honestly think  would just join this ticket as the "token" DA member?  I am in Atlasia to get things done, not sit around as a figurehead for my party.  We are here to truly change this game and make it stronger.  If I did'nt think he could get this job done I'd simply run myself on an all DA ticket.  However I am here by PiT's side because it is time for a change here in Atlasia and I think he and I are the ones poised to bring it about.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »

Excellent VP choice....and this ticket has my full support.

I can see that the JCP is already getting nervous about this team's chance of success, as evidenced by Marokai's recent comments.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

I can see that the JCP is already getting nervous about this team's chance of success, as evidenced by Marokai's recent comments.

Replace "nervous" with "amused" considering that I called exactly this sort of thing happening a month ago. PiT and HW have almost nothing in common politically and the only reason they're running together is to win.

Granted I'm sure there are some irrelevant issues where those two agree but "game reform" is a vague excuse used by people who have nothing in common to support one another and encourage everyone to hold hands to accomplish nothing. We never seem to be placing an emphasis on actual issues in governing. Almost everything that gets proposed in the Senate gets compromised to death with amendments to pass if it's too controversial (if there's ever any debate at all) all in the name of "activity" or legislation being passed that just has a bunch of junk to do with forum affairs.

And let's be realistic, these two are not going to be able to spearhead any new changes in the game on their own, are they? What are they going to be doing that isn't already being done or even could be done by them? The ConCon is moving along at it's own pace (for better or worse), I've written a new Introduction thread that's been desperately needed for months upon months, newbies seem to be being recruited on their own or finding their way here through some means. "Game reform" is a meaningless phrase used only to thinly cover up the fact that this is a coalition for winning an election, and not for governing.

By the way Marokai do you honestly think would just join this ticket as the "token" DA member? 

Want an honest answer? This would be like me joining a ticket with DWTL.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »

I kind of agree with Marokai. But i do think that PiT does what this place to live. He spends all his time on here. I also think that they were going for the opposite thing as to suprise people. I want to see their platform. Then is want to see their own ideas and be able to compare the two. So i can see where the changes were on ideas.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »

If you are in such a spirit of honesty Marokai, let us truly examine the situation at hand.

Atlasia is in a state of utter disrepair. Blatant inactivity and zombie voting has crippled the ability of the game to advance and move forward in a productive or fun manner. Voters have realized this and entrusted a Constitutional Convention to reinvent the basic pillars of Atlasia. However, such actions take time. The Convention is not a be-all-end-all of the solution. Perhaps the greatest struggle which we see now is the inactivity of the JCP-controlled Executive branch. Our current President rarely makes public statements or appearances, instead opting to continue with an inactive Game Moderator and less than perfect SoFA.

The citizens spoke loud and clear in the last election, when a record turnout provided the centrist, progressive-minded DA with major gains in the Senate, while the JCP and RPP lost major players in their agenda. However, rather than attempt to push a strong, unilateral DA platform, our party agreed to look to the other Atlasian parties to promote an united front to solve the problems that confront us. This offer was not limited to PiT and the RPP. Similar outreach was extended to Lief and the JCP. The unwillingness of your party to work together with the DA, to even reply, is reminiscent of the agenda thus far promoted by your party. I would be happy to continue this conversation in private with you Marokai.

As such, I fully support this joint RPP/DA ticket of PiT and HappyWarrior; however, this should not signal the exclusion of any joint initiatives with the JCP, nor does it diminish the likelihood of appointments of JCP members to prominent offices. This ticket is meant to be a sign of inclusion and unity. As such, I invite the JCP and its members to join us in the promotion of this ticket and to move forward to give Atlasia a brighter future.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »

Non-sense! As you should know, elections are my favorite part of Atlasia. This has the promise of being one of the most exciting Presidential elections in a while.

Unity tickets can be kind of boring, though I know I'm guilty of doing it twice... Smiley

But the DA-RPP alliance has been in the works since February (Remember the unsuccesful attempts for an AndrewCT/Duke ticket?) and the JCP (and anyone who isn't blind, really) has expected this alliance for months now.

The citizens spoke loud and clear in the last election, when a record turnout provided the centrist, progressive-minded DA with major gains in the Senate, while the JCP and RPP lost major players in their agenda. However, rather than attempt to push a strong, unilateral DA platform, our party agreed to look to the other Atlasian parties to promote an united front to solve the problems that confront us. This offer was not limited to PiT and the RPP. Similar outreach was extended to Lief and the JCP. The unwillingness of your party to work together with the DA, to even reply, is reminiscent of the agenda thus far promoted by your party. I would be happy to continue this conversation in private with you Marokai.

Please quit making stuff up.

I will say, though, that the RPP uses just as many of these supposed "zombie voters" and it amuses me that the DA will have no problem with it when it benefits them.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

Thank you for providing such a meaningful and in-depth rebuttal. PM me if you would like clarification, but you may speak to Lief yourself. I assure you he received a message from me; one that he did not bother to respond to.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

Thank you for providing such a meaningful and in-depth rebuttal. PM me if you would like clarification, but you may speak to Lief yourself. I assure you he received a message from me; one that he did not bother to respond to.

I was referring to your grandiose claims of epic victory in the last Senate election.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2009, 05:13:34 PM »

I was referring to your grandiose claims of epic victory in the last Senate election.

I'm not allowed a little "rally the troops" rhetoric every now and then? Please, nit-picking my chosen oratory style won't help your campaign, nor does it belong in this thread.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »

I'm not allowed a little "rally the troops" rhetoric every now and then? Please, nit-picking my chosen oratory style won't help your campaign, nor does it belong in this thread.

It's not "rally the troops" rhetoric, it's blatant lying.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »

So your major problem is with the first sentence in that paragraph. That's all? Because it is pretty truthful. There was record turnout, the DA gained a lot and the JCP and RPP each lost major players in the Senate (Lief and SPC).

Where are the lies, sir? Give me proof. Otherwise, I am finished with this discussion. Your attempts and those of the JCP mudslingers will fail if the best you have is issues with my choice of phraseology.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »

I will say, though, that the RPP uses just as many of these supposed "zombie voters" and it amuses me that the DA will have no problem with it when it benefits them.

While there are a number of zombie voters in the RPP, we have also brought in a number of more active people. Persepolis, Dan, & Vepres have shown to be active members of Atlasia, & all were recruited by the RPP. NC Yankee has been very active in running his campaigns, & I trust will be plenty active as Senator. Daniel Adams has shown more activity lately with the uptick in Southeastern activity. Dead0man, to my knowledge, keeps up with events in Atlasia, even if he does not post here often. This is in addition to the activity of myself, DWTL, SPC, Jedi, Smid, & Duke at various times since the formation of the RPP. I encourage members that I recruit to take an active role in Atlasia. Not all do, but the RPP has made leeway in that regard recently, & it has inspired me to take up the mantle of fighting for a more active Atlasia where a balance can be achieved between competitive elections & compromise on important issues.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »

how come just the rpp? why not all people who join?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #364 on: May 24, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2009, 05:41:30 PM by Senator PiT »

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: May 24, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »

So your major problem is with the first sentence in that paragraph. That's all? Because it is pretty truthful. There was record turnout, the DA gained a lot and the JCP and RPP each lost major players in the Senate (Lief and SPC).

Where are the lies, sir? Give me proof. Otherwise, I am finished with this discussion. Your attempts and those of the JCP mudslingers will fail if the best you have is issues with my choice of phraseology.

First, Lief was not a member of the JCP then. We only had one seat up for re-election and we won it.

Secondly, you won your Senate seat because of me. You asked me, the dreaded evil zombie lord, for help. Even though I supposedly refuse to work with other parties, exemplified by my appointment of DA member Franzl as Attorney General, my retaining of DA member Hashemite in my cabinet, and my support of you to lead the constitutional convention. But I thought you seemed like a nice guy so I sent you some votes and you won. I was hoping it would be at the expense of DWTL or SPC. In hindsight, it was Lief who lost because of it and it upsets me, as he was a far superior Senator to you. Nevertheless, you would not have been elected without my help. So for you to make it sound like me successfully getting you elected was somehow a "loss" for the JCP is ridiculous. Of course, did it bother you that a "zombie" (a term I find to be disrespectful and stupid) like say, Jfern among others, was your means of victory? No. It's only a crime when the other side wins.

And you claim that Lief "ignored" your attempts for a unity JCP-DA ticket. Lief only announced that he was running this morning, well over a day after the PiT/Happy ticket had been announced. So I'm going to need some clarification here. How did you know he was running for President? And is it really fair to say he's "ignoring" you when he only made his announcement ~13 hours ago? You guys certainly never contacted me, the party chairman, about a unity ticket. I really need some explanation of your claims here, or I'm just going to have to assume you're making stuff up again.

Oh, I'm a mudslinger now. You and your cohorts have had your slime machine against me going on full blast for weeks now. I haven't minded, it's part of Atlasia. But you run away like a coward when I respond with the truth to your blatant lies and attacks.

So, sorry to sound so hostile, but you're proving to be nothing more than a lying and cowardly hypocrite.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2009, 05:55:18 PM »

why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?

I think any candidate for any office needs to think like they will win, so they can be adequately prepared to assume the office should they win.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »

I think any candidate for any office needs to think like they will win, so they can be adequately prepared to assume the office should they win.
hmm maybe not. Or if that is your mind set you might want to keep it in your head.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #369 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »

Oh, I'm a mudslinger now. You and your cohorts have had your slime machine against me going on full blast for weeks now. I haven't minded, it's part of Atlasia. But you run away like a coward when I respond with the truth to your blatant lies and attacks.

I usually just like to think I'm saying what plenty of people are thinking but don't want to say. Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #370 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

hmm maybe not. Or if that is your mind set you might want to keep it in your head.

It's a good mindset for many reasons:

1. As Senator Pit stated, a presidential candidate must assume they will win, so that they are prepared to assume office should they win.

2. The "inevitability", so to speak, of the rhetoric  fires up the base.

3. I think it may sub-consciously affect voters. If one candidate has the "I will win" mindset, but the other doesn't, voters might start to view the one with the mindset as inevitable, and drift towards him/her.

4. It makes the candidate seem strong and sure of themselves, instead of weak and lacking confidence.

Besides, it's subtle, and every candidate does it, so why whine about it?  
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #371 on: May 24, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »

1. As Senator Pit stated, a presidential candidate must assume they will win, so that they are prepared to assume office should they win.

3. I think it may sub-consciously affect voters. If one candidate has the "I will win" mindset, but the other doesn't, voters might start to view the one with the mindset as inevitable, and drift towards him/her.

4. It makes the candidate seem strong and sure of themselves, instead of weak and lacking confidence.

It was also subconscious on my part. I didn't really press the point that it is good to do just because it was something that I was doing naturally.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »

It was also subconscious on my part. I didn't really press the point that it is good to do just because it was something that I was doing naturally.

Yeah, it was probably sub-conscious because most candidates in real life speak that way as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies