PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44565 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.

I simply find holier than thou, how dareth thee, rhetoric repulsive. That's all.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »

Roll Eyes

I simply find holier than thou, how dareth thee, rhetoric repulsive. That's all.

If you didn't like his PM why didn't you just PM him back expressing your anger and not bring it on here and pollute this thread with that sort of nonsense. My suggestion would be to either drop it or continue it via PM, and I would suggest the last three post be deleted as well.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

If you didn't like his PM why didn't you just PM him back expressing your anger and not bring it on here and pollute this thread with that sort of nonsense. My suggestion would be to either drop it or continue it via PM, and I would suggest the last three post be deleted as well.

I'll stick to saying what's actually on my mind rather than just erasing everything I say and trying to hold hands with everyone. (Is there some reason people feel the need to respond to me at all? It's hardly like I'm offering some sort of rebuttal or post in need of a response.)

And if PMing is the solution to everything, why didn't you try it here?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »

Enough of this. It is finished. No one reply to any of this anymore. I have taken care of it and it does not need to take up any additional space in this campaign. Let this be the final post on the matter.

Go PiT/Happy!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

so people can be racist and be blatantly sexist because of this right?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

Very reasonable positions that will benefit Atlasia. Good luck PiT/Happy!
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:57 PM »

shouldn't you guys make a bill about pay.
*a female will make the same as a man does for the same work.
*if a female is qualified more than the man, then she should be hired instead of the man. Even though she is a female.

Do you guys have that one?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »

*if a female is qualified more than the man, then she should be hired instead of the man. Even though she is a female.

There already exists legislation passed that would ban any workplace discrimination. I actually was the one that proposed that legislation, link.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »

There already exists legislation passed that would ban any workplace discrimination. I actually was the one that proposed that legislation, link.

oh very nice.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2009, 11:11:06 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 11:12:48 PM by Dc_united_15 »

Media Regulation

Energy

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »

What is this ticket's views on issues like trade, drug legalization, and our health care system?

Also, I have long supported a constitutional amendment establishing a federal min. wage. I realize PiT must oppose this, but what would be this ticket's views on min. wage laws in general?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
that was pointless.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #392 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »

I'm very interested in the ticket's view on trade.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

*face palm*
that was pointless.

I may not agree with the ticket's view on censorship, but your reasoning is simply... *face palm*
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

*face palm*
that was pointless.

I may not agree with the ticket's view on censorship, but your reasoning is simply... *face palm*
still pointless. I am not gonna argue with you but it is human nature.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 11:34:31 PM by Senator PiT »

Media Regulation

Energy

hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue

What is this ticket's views on issues like trade, drug legalization, and our health care system?

Also, I have long supported a constitutional amendment establishing a federal min. wage. I realize PiT must oppose this, but what would be this ticket's views on min. wage laws in general?

We haven't quite hashed those out as they did not seem like issues of extreme importance in Atlasia at the moment.

I cannot speak for my running mate, but I would be willing to establish a minimum wage at a reasonable rate that increases over time at the rate of inflation. As for health care, I would sign any bill that the Senate passes provided that said bill does not outlaw private insurance, either through de jure or de facto means. In terms of drug legalization, I am happy with the result achieved by the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act. I see no real need to push ahead with more expansive legalization at this time.

Again, I cannot speak for HappyWarrior, but those are all compromises that I would be willing to support. As I suspect you probably find me the more ideologically questionable half of the ticket, I hope you find those to be satisfactory compromises for me to make.

I'm very interested in the ticket's view on trade.

For myself at least, though I support current bills to expand free trade, I will not pursue further expansions of free trade during my term.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue
but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #397 on: May 25, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.

But if person A kills person B because they dislike something that they saw on TV, it is perfectly valid to punish person A. People are supposed to retain control of their faculties.

Also, I find it unlikely that deregulating the media will lead to an increase in acts of violence.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

But if person A kills person B because they dislike something that they saw on TV, it is perfectly valid to punish person A. People are supposed to retain control of their faculties.

Also, I find it unlikely that regulating the media will lead to an increase in acts of violence.

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: May 25, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?

Are you serious? Or just being a joke poster? Are you saying comedians should not be able to poke fun at foreign nations? Or make racy or insulting jokes? You're advocating more censorship than we currently have.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies