PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:58:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44644 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: November 30, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »

I'll probably support this in the Senate, though I am not totally decided yet.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

I would be fine with doing that. It maintains the status quo & makes money for the government. It would also be virtually guaranteed to pass.

I could accept that.

There, I edited the bill to include a tariff of 5% on foreign imports of these items.

Now I can fully support this measure absolutely.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

I would like to thank Senator PiT for the opportunity to be his running mate.  I think the two of us both have a strong history of compromise and capability in the Senate.  Not only that but the two of us have both been highly active in our roles since our election and now is the time to move forward into a new era for Atlasia.  PiT and myself are counting on your votes in June.  I also swear that I will be a wholly independent VP and will always stand for my principles and will always do as my job requires.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

By the way Marokai do you honestly think  would just join this ticket as the "token" DA member?  I am in Atlasia to get things done, not sit around as a figurehead for my party.  We are here to truly change this game and make it stronger.  If I did'nt think he could get this job done I'd simply run myself on an all DA ticket.  However I am here by PiT's side because it is time for a change here in Atlasia and I think he and I are the ones poised to bring it about.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »

What is this ticket's views on issues like trade, drug legalization, and our health care system?

Also, I have long supported a constitutional amendment establishing a federal min. wage. I realize PiT must oppose this, but what would be this ticket's views on min. wage laws in general?

I am one of this nation's few anti-free trade Senators however I don't have a big problem with keeping it as is other than the fact that I feel we really do need to ensure all agreements are reciprocal.  On drug legalization I most certainly do not agree with any furthur expansions of the legalized drug list.  On health care I believe in a universal system with a private component.  Finally when it comes to a minimum wage I agree with my running mate that a constitutional amendment would be good for the nation.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »

I extend thanks to my colleague/opponent's running mate Senator Bacon King for noticing the flaw with the Free Communications Bill. I would like to point out that I have suggested a draft of a new Free Communications Bill to correct for this flaw.

Furthermore, in commitment to my earlier stated platform position, I would like to pass a bill that would offer incentives to other countries in exchange for taking similar measures to abolish censorship in their news media as well.

Could you explain what type of incentives and just what your definition of censorship is? Will there be any enforcement or is this another one of those " Kim Jong Ill gets the dough and we get sh**t on type deals". 

We mean that we will offer these incentives to any countries that renounce all ability to control the content of their airwaves in anyway whatsoever. The determination of this will be the responsibility of the SoEA.

As far as incentives go, it will depend on the country. They will receive a slightly increased share of the foreign aid budget, which is in no way to be construed as increasing the foreign aid budget. If they end up in a situation where they are at war, we will help them in whatever capacity we can without risking entering the conflict ourselves.

We are in total agreement on this matter and I hope during our term we can see it resolved.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »

Senator PiT and myself would like to state our opposition to Senator Purple State's recently introduced Federal Libel and Slander Penalization Act due to the simple idea that it regulates Atlasians right to free speech.  It is up to the reader of a post to determine for themselves what they do and don't believe.  Often the "truth" of a subject is open to interpretation and may be used for political purposes.  This is why I was againest this legislation when it was brought up in my own region.  Though it was passed in the Mideast I hope that we can ensure that it does not become national law.  Thank you all for your time.  Good night.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »

Senator PiT and myself would like to state our opposition to Senator Purple State's recently introduced Federal Libel and Slander Penalization Act due to the simple idea that it regulates Atlasians right to free speech.  It is up to the reader of a post to determine for themselves what they do and don't believe.  Often the "truth" of a subject is open to interpretation and may be used for political purposes.  This is why I was againest this legislation when it was brought up in my own region.  Though it was passed in the Mideast I hope that we can ensure that it does not become national law.  Thank you all for your time.  Good night.

Can't agree on everything. Wink

Of course not.  :-p
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »

Senator HappyWarrior walks on stage at a recently built platform in front of the town hall of his hometown of La Plata, Maryland.

Hello everyone and welcome to my hometown of La Plata.  I am here today quite simply to bring the presidential campaign back into the limelight.  In Atlasia's upcoming election you, the voters, have two clear cut choices.  You may vote for myself and Senator PiT, a choice for all Atlasians who shall send our nation down a road of compromise and results, or down the JCP road of zombies, inactivity, and few real results.  However today I did not come here today simply to set out the problems with our opponents.  The main reason I came here today was simply to inform you all of a few plans under development by myself and my running mate.  First off I plan to either propose a bill codefying the SOEA's role either before my Senate term ends or I will hand the bill over to be refined to one of the other Senators (Most likely SOEA Hashemite).  Also both I and PiT are working on setting out a tax code for Atlasia.  We also promise our choices for cabinet positions and the GM will be active and effective and will cross party lines should we be elected.  The time has come for Atlasia to move forward and that is what we will do!  Thank you all for your time.  Be sure to vote!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

I'd just like to put out a brief statement at this moment on the outcome of this election.  First of all I'd like for everyone in all the parties to get out and vote ASAP.  Second of all I would just like to say that no matter who wins this election I am confident this nation will be in capable hands and would like to wish Lief and Bacon King the best of luck.  The two of you have been a class act this election.  This is not to say of course I am not pushing for my own victory.  Myself and PiT have been working long and hard to win this election and I do feel our game reformist ideals will be better for the nation.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »

These are mainly issues that we agree the most strongly on or are most interested in advocating during our term. It is not a complete synopsis of our positions on all issues (which would be difficult since we also disagree on many issues).

In that case, please post the remainder of your positions (they are of greater interest to me as you head the ticket).

This is the most comprehensive version of the platform that I have written up, but feel free to ask about any issue & I will tell you my position on it.

Thank you.

In that case:

Where does the candidate stand on this?

I think that's a good idea. We shouldn't be be pouring money into a project when there is a cheaper alternative that works well too.

Just for clarification I agree.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

This is definitely the closest race for President in some time. I must say that it was a blast.

I must of course agree with my running mate and no matter how this controversy ends I think this country will be in good hands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies