PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44649 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: February 17, 2009, 01:20:43 AM »

I'm glad that many are echoing my concerns about the voting system. The best thing to stop the bleeding is to make things simpler for newbies (like myself, in some respect.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:59:27 PM »

EAGERLY AWAITING Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

I would like to say first that the person who is my running mate is someone who is quite distinguished in Atlasian politics & is someone who I am proud to be able to work with, though we have certain ideological differences. Without further ado, my running mate is none other than the esteemed Senator of the Mideast, HappyWarrior!

Who could have ever seen this coming? Who, I ask!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

And what function does HW serve on this ticket outside "token DA member?" I hardly see the similarities between these two. (HW doesn't really care about social issues and PiT is no economic centrist.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Riiight, okay then..
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

Excellent VP choice....and this ticket has my full support.

I can see that the JCP is already getting nervous about this team's chance of success, as evidenced by Marokai's recent comments.

Replace "nervous" with "amused" considering that I called exactly this sort of thing happening a month ago. PiT and HW have almost nothing in common politically and the only reason they're running together is to win.

Granted I'm sure there are some irrelevant issues where those two agree but "game reform" is a vague excuse used by people who have nothing in common to support one another and encourage everyone to hold hands to accomplish nothing. We never seem to be placing an emphasis on actual issues in governing. Almost everything that gets proposed in the Senate gets compromised to death with amendments to pass if it's too controversial (if there's ever any debate at all) all in the name of "activity" or legislation being passed that just has a bunch of junk to do with forum affairs.

And let's be realistic, these two are not going to be able to spearhead any new changes in the game on their own, are they? What are they going to be doing that isn't already being done or even could be done by them? The ConCon is moving along at it's own pace (for better or worse), I've written a new Introduction thread that's been desperately needed for months upon months, newbies seem to be being recruited on their own or finding their way here through some means. "Game reform" is a meaningless phrase used only to thinly cover up the fact that this is a coalition for winning an election, and not for governing.

By the way Marokai do you honestly think would just join this ticket as the "token" DA member? 

Want an honest answer? This would be like me joining a ticket with DWTL.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »

Oh, I'm a mudslinger now. You and your cohorts have had your slime machine against me going on full blast for weeks now. I haven't minded, it's part of Atlasia. But you run away like a coward when I respond with the truth to your blatant lies and attacks.

I usually just like to think I'm saying what plenty of people are thinking but don't want to say. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.

I simply find holier than thou, how dareth thee, rhetoric repulsive. That's all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.

I simply find holier than thou, how dareth thee, rhetoric repulsive. That's all.

If you didn't like his PM why didn't you just PM him back expressing your anger and not bring it on here and pollute this thread with that sort of nonsense. My suggestion would be to either drop it or continue it via PM, and I would suggest the last three post be deleted as well.

I'll stick to saying what's actually on my mind rather than just erasing everything I say and trying to hold hands with everyone. (Is there some reason people feel the need to respond to me at all? It's hardly like I'm offering some sort of rebuttal or post in need of a response.)

And if PMing is the solution to everything, why didn't you try it here?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »

What is this ticket's views on issues like trade, drug legalization, and our health care system?

Also, I have long supported a constitutional amendment establishing a federal min. wage. I realize PiT must oppose this, but what would be this ticket's views on min. wage laws in general?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »

You'll be a great President, best of luck to you PiT.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies