PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:40:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44642 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 26, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2009, 11:25:03 PM by Senator PiT »

I'm going to use this thread to publicize all my campaign stops in my race for Senate. I won't hit the campaign trail for a little bit, so I'll be glad to field any & all questions about my campaign here. Smiley

For the record, my first campaign stop will be in Texas. I haven't decided what city it will be. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them into account.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:49:10 PM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     I forgot to mention that I would like to thank Senator-elect DownWithTheLeft, Governor AHDuke99, & Lt. Governor South Park Conservative for starting this party. I wouldn't have been here to run for this seat without them around to get the ball rolling.

Anyway, my first campaign stop will be on August 31st. I still haven't decided on where in the great state of Texas it will be though. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     The location of the August 31st campaign stop has been decided upon. I will stop in Austin, Texas. I haven't decided where in Austin, but Google Images will be my friend there. Smiley

After that stop, I'll speak in a city to be determined in Louisiana. Probably New Orleans though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2008, 03:52:20 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

PiT (The Physicist) makes his campaign stop at the capitol building in Austin, Texas, before a roaring crowd of college students.

I gather before you all today because I am running for Senate. I am sure many of you would like to know my reasons for running for Senate. Well there is one predominant reason I have for running. That reason being the presence of a powerful faction within Nyman that wishes to do away with the regional election of Senators.

If this faction gets what it wants, the power of regions will be greatly threatened on the federal level. There will be no guarantee of a region being represented in the Senate. The odds of an underpopulated region such as the Midwest being excluded are great, but what of the Southeast? Though we may be the second most populous region in the great country of Atlasia, much of that is numbers on a sheet of paper. The Southeast routinely suffers from poor election turnout.

In the August Gubernatorial election, 10 Southeasterners showed up to vote. That was out of 22 registered voters in the region. With that many of our brethren inactive, the Southeast is in just as much peril of going unrepresented as the Midwest. We are a region in crisis without even knowing it. Regardless of our best efforts to improve tunrout, there are enough people who have left & won't return that we'll remain in danger.

No region should have to fear not being represented in Nyman. No group of people should have to go without a voice, because they're region suffers from fewer people, or from lower turnout. To take away a region's right to representation is a dangerous usurpation of power by the federal government, & if you elect me Senator, I will do everything in my power to stop the further growth of the federal behemoth!

Good day, & God bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     I greatly appreciate the one rave review of my speech. Smiley

Anyway, I'm here to announce that I previously intended to campaign in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 5th. In light of Hurricane Gustav, I have decided that it would be best to give the people of the great city of New Orleans a few weeks to rebuild. As such, I will be campaigning in Little Rock, Arkansas on September 5th.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »

PiT (The Physicist) greets a crowd of supporters in front of the legendary Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Our region, the Southeast, has accomplished many great things throughout its long history. Some things it has done were not so great, but we have learned to move on, & to embrace the better parts of modernity. We now realize that to segregate children based on the color of their skin is not a wise course of action.

However, the great things that we have accomplished are under threat of going unnoticed in Nyman. The better parts of every region are under that very same threat. Forces who want to nationalize our elections seek to dissolve the cultural identity that makes Southeasterners distinct from Pacificers, Midwesterners, Mideasterners, & Northeasterners. We may think ourselves safe for now, but what if our children grow up in a world dominated by national elections? Will they know why they should be proud of the region they were born in?

What we need is a Senator who will remind us, & remind everyone in Nyman, the pride of the Southeast. If you elect me Senator, when I feel even the slightest shadow of the cloud of doubt on how I should vote on a bill, I will turn to you, my constituents, for advice. The greatest part of the Pacific region is that they have a great man as their Senator, who listens to their concerns. If you elect me your Senator, I will be sure to follow his example, & be a true voice of Southeastern conservatism in the Atlasian Senate.

Good night, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »

Sort of denies the purpose of regional rights. Besides, national elections would net you more seats.
No I wouldn't, look at this election:

1 RPP, 1 NLC, 1 Indy, 1 JCP, 1 SDP

...because you only ran one candidate.

We would need more supporters to win with more candidates. Even if we ran Brandon, Jedi, & Paul, I'm not sure that we could get three candidates elected, let alone five.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »

I was trying to communicate indignation & resolve. Doesn't work so well over the internet. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

Okay, that's good. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

Okay, I'll try to be funnier in the future. Tongue Just don't expect me to be a laugh riot. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:12:13 AM »

Thank you, Governor Duke. Tomorrow, I'll be campaigning in Memphis, Tennessee, the capital of the Southeast. I would be honored if you joined me on stage there.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 01:22:12 AM »

PiT (The Physicist),
It s happening and I told you so.
SmileySmiley

I try not to get my hopes up too much. Wink Anyway, I'm hitting the outlying parts early on. Later on, I'll be campaigning in RPP country.

Thank you, Governor Duke. Tomorrow, I'll be campaigning in Memphis, Tennessee, the capital of the Southeast. I would be honored if you joined me on stage there.

Let me know what time and I'll see if I'm around. I'd like to join you as well. We need to make a swing through Charleston as well.

How does 5 PM EST sound?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 01:33:57 AM »

Let me know what time and I'll see if I'm around. I'd like to join you as well. We need to make a swing through Charleston as well.

How does 5 PM EST sound?

Sounds good for now. If things change, I'll holla at cha boy.

That's good to hear. Smiley I'll make my speech shorter than usual so I don't steal the stage. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

PiT (The Physicist) greets supporters near the Hernando de Soto Bridge in Memphis, Tennessee. Here he is joined by AHDuke99, the Governor of the Dirty South.

Good day to everyone here in Memphis, the capital of this great region. I'm sorry that the event was delayed. I lost track of the time while admiring the scenery of this great city. Wink

Anyway, I would like to tell everyone about why I'm here, & why I believe what I believe. I came upon my beliefs because I believe that as human beings, it is our duty to ourselves to develop our strengths on our own. We need less government involvement to allow us to grow in the areas that we want to grow.

That's why I came to join the Regional Protection Party. I support the great regionalists of the Southeast, & of the other regions of Atlasia, in their fight against the federal behemoth. We need less federal government in our lives so that we can become better, more independent human beings! We need less federal government so that we can maintain the individualistic traditions of the people of this great land!

I don't mean to speak overlong though. Today, the great governor of this region, who yesterday endorsed my candidacy, would like to say a few words. Please welcome Governor Duke!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »

PiT, as your biggest supporter I demand to be at your next rally

I was planning on you coming to the Alabama rally. You can come to the next one too, though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »

Well said, Governor Duke. I'll be heading through Charlotte, North Carolina on Saturday, September 13th. If that day works for Senator DownWithTheLeft, of course.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »

I want people like PiT making decisions for his home region, not whippersnappers like Xahar in the MIDLEAST.

Explain this comment further.

I don't mean to speak for Duke, though I guess it's a reference to how Xahar is more active in Mideastern politics than he is in his own region's politics.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »

I want people like PiT making decisions for his home region, not whippersnappers like Xahar in the MIDLEAST.

Explain this comment further.

I don't mean to speak for Duke, though I guess it's a reference to how Xahar is more active in Mideastern politics than he is in his own region's politics.

I refer more specifically to "MIDLEAST".

Xahar is degrading the Mideast by being involved in its politics. I guess. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »

Victory is just around the corner, the RPP has never defeated an incumbent heads up before

Our record against incumbents is 0 wins & 0 losses! Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2008, 10:40:11 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

PiT (The Physicist) appears to meet supporters in Charlotte, North Carolina.

It's good to see everyone here. As I'm sure we all know, Senator DownWithTheLeft is a strong supporter, & a good friend. We don't see eye to eye on some issues, but friends oftentimes don't. Nevertheless, we don't let petty issues get in the way of working together.

If you elect me Senator, I'll do the same thing there. I'll look past lesser disagreements with my fellow Senators to work with them on the causes that I believe to be worth championing. Regions' Rights is first & foremost among them. However, I will also be a champion of a strong, but not jingoistic or aggressive foreign policy. I'll work to make military spending more efficient. I'll also work to reform the game, whenever the opportunity avails itself.

I must thank everyone for their support here. As the esteemed Senator said, I also must thank them for threatening to secede. It was that that put the wheels of history in motion, & I rode in that car, & rode in it. Eventually, it deposited me here, on the campaign trail, among the great people of Charlotte, of North Carolina, & of the Southeast!

I may not have the experience, both in Atlasia & in the real world, that many other Senators have, but if elected Senator, I will work hard to fight for what I believe in. That is, the preservation of the regional identity. The preservation of that which sets apart a citizen in North Carolina & a citizen in Massachusetts. If you want your children to grow up with a Southeastern Senator, & not a Senator who is incidentally Southeastern, I ask you to support me & send another supporter of Regions' Rights to the Senate.

Good day & Dave bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »

With gporter entering the race, how do you think the dynamics of the race change?

I would guess that it hurts Bacon King since his base is not as cohesive as mine is. On the other hand, Gporter is closer to me ideologically, so I'm not really sure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 11:07:47 PM »

OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN NOTICE
     I'll be making a campaign stop in Charleston, South Carolina tomorrow. Governor Duke will be there since that's where he lives. Just a heads-up.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »

Following his introduction by Governor Duke, Candidate for Senate PiT comes out to greet supporters in front of the residence of Major James Ladson.

First of all, I would like to thank Governor Duke for introducing me not once, but twice. I don't believe I have said this, but as many of you have been able to guess, I am enthusiastically endorsing him in his bid for re-election. Likewise, I am endorsing Daniel Adams in his bid to be elected Lieutenant Governor. He has a lot of promise, & the office of Lieutenant Governor is a great opportunity for him to get acquainted with Atlasian politics.

As far as the Senate goes, nothing would make me happier than to be elected alongside Dead0man in the Midwest & AndrewCT in the Northeast. With them, I would like to join the other great citizens who are members of our Senate in ushering in a great new era dominated by thought-provoking debate, & where every bill is thoroughly thought out before it's voted on. Lewis has contributed greatly to this process, though I fear that he doesn't like Regional Elections enough for my taste. Tongue I would also like to give a special shoutout to Senators DownWithTheLeft & Torie. In this department, they have been two of our hardest working Senators, & deserve their due.

I have spoken overmuch about other people just now. However, you can oftentimes learn about someone by who that person admires. I can tell you more directly though about myself. I strongly believe in maintaining the power of the regions vis-à-vis the federal government. I may not try to bring back the districts anytime soon though. Wink I recognize, after all, that both regional & national Senate seats have their distinct advantages, & believe that both should be allowed to exist. Indeed, I may choose to support the Senate being divided into two separate bodies, such that bills need have support of both a majority of the people & a majority of the regions. I may also be interested in giving power to the Governors with which to keep the federal government in check.

Good night everybody, & Dave bless Atlasia!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »

You want to know what Region's Rights are? Well, do you know what State's Rights are?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 11:15:41 PM »

Specifically, the right to constituent service & representation in Nyman. I believe I covered it in my speeches in Texas & Arkansas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies