PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44641 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« on: January 04, 2009, 11:43:06 PM »

PiT what has compelled you to run for re-election?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:31:31 AM »

PiT,
What will you do to make Alasia thrive again?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

I could easily make all sorts of grandiose claims, but there's only so much that one person can do about it. Making Atlasia thrive again will require the work & cooperation of many, many people. I can explain what my record in that area is, though.

I've invited numerous people to join Atlasia, & have a proven track record of organizing people in my capacity as RPP Vice-Chairman. One of my recruits is running for the office of Vice-President. Another is Lt. Governor of the Southeast & a third was Lt. Governor of the Midwest for a couple of months.

In my capacity as Senator, I've done my level best to contribute whatever thoughts I have, show up for whatever votes there are, & introduce whatever bills I thought would serve the interests of my constituents. Many of these bills have failed, but it was not for lack of trying, as anyone who saw the arguments I made in favor of the Gold & Silver Standard Act can attest to. As a success to my credit, I introduced a bill that gave several national holidays to the Atlasian people, including two in commemoration of World War II.

ok thank you.

What do you think is wrong with Atlasia?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »

I have decided that I will not run for re-election for Senator of the Southeast & instead run for President of Atlasia. I've already spoken to my preferred successor to the Senate, & I feel that I will be able to adequately juggle my duties as Senator & the campaign that lies ahead.

FINALLY!!!!!! I will vote for you.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »

I have decided that I will not run for re-election for Senator of the Southeast & instead run for President of Atlasia. I've already spoken to my preferred successor to the Senate, & I feel that I will be able to adequately juggle my duties as Senator & the campaign that lies ahead.

Are you running on another ticket?

yeah so. i know him very very well. I also know that he cares about this place with his whole heart. So why wouldn't i vote for him? I know that he might have crazy ideas but he will try to help atlasia out.

I have not seen gpoter so i am wondering about his morals a little.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »

yeah so. i know him very very well. I also know that he cares about this place with his whole heart. So why wouldn't i vote for him? I know that he might have crazy ideas but he will try to help atlasia out.

Do you think he's cheating on you?

no i am questioning his dedication.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

Morals and dedication are completely different.

not really. because to me dedication falls in morals. I hate flakes.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

Morals and dedication are completely different.

not really. because to me dedication falls in morals. I hate flakes.

Dead Mexican falls in more holes? Possible, if he's buried there.
Corn or dandruff?
hahaha
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

I know who it is. And thanx for helping me today.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?

I respect both of them immensely. I was fine with HappyWarrior as my running mate, & would have been just as happy to have Purple State as my running mate. Purple State was my first choice mainly due to the fact that I was impressed by the speed with which he had risen to the level of political power that he currently holds.

I would like to pass bills that increase the liberty of Atlasian society. At the same time though, I will be mindful of the input of the Senators that vote on any bills that I support, to help ensure that at least some of my agenda comes to pass, even if there are parts that the Senate disagrees with me on.

what is the first bill you want to pass?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »

I've read through all this and, with all due respect, it's not clear why you're running. Have you got a platform or goals for your prospective term of office? In other words, are you running just to win an election and so seeking to emulate the Presidencies of Keystone Phil and the current incumbent?

oh i told him to run. We want fun so we need people to run. duh. Also he wants to step up to the plate and make a home run. hehe
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »

I kind of agree with Marokai. But i do think that PiT does what this place to live. He spends all his time on here. I also think that they were going for the opposite thing as to suprise people. I want to see their platform. Then is want to see their own ideas and be able to compare the two. So i can see where the changes were on ideas.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »

how come just the rpp? why not all people who join?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?

I think any candidate for any office needs to think like they will win, so they can be adequately prepared to assume the office should they win.
hmm maybe not. Or if that is your mind set you might want to keep it in your head.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

so people can be racist and be blatantly sexist because of this right?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:57 PM »

shouldn't you guys make a bill about pay.
*a female will make the same as a man does for the same work.
*if a female is qualified more than the man, then she should be hired instead of the man. Even though she is a female.

Do you guys have that one?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »

shouldn't you guys make a bill about pay.
*a female will make the same as a man does for the same work.
*if a female is qualified more than the man, then she should be hired instead of the man. Even though she is a female.

Do you guys have that one?

There already exists legislation passed that would ban any workplace discrimination. I actually was the one that proposed that legislation, link.

oh very nice.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 11:11:06 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 11:12:48 PM by Dc_united_15 »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
that was pointless.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
that was pointless.

I may not agree with the ticket's view on censorship, but your reasoning is simply... *face palm*
still pointless. I am not gonna argue with you but it is human nature.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to take care of. either the human way or the violent way.

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue
but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »

Media Regulation

Energy

If someone kills someone, they should be punished for it. I'm not that libertarian. Tongue
but my point is that how could you blame them? Everyone can get their buttons pushed. At least can you be more specific about what you will censor.

But if person A kills person B because they dislike something that they saw on TV, it is perfectly valid to punish person A. People are supposed to retain control of their faculties.

Also, I find it unlikely that regulating the media will lead to an increase in acts of violence.

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?

Are you serious? Or just being a joke poster? Are you saying comedians should not be able to poke fun at foreign nations? Or make racy or insulting jokes? You're advocating more censorship than we currently have.
for your fist two questions yes and the other no. No but i am just pointing out the worst case.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies