PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44638 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 23, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »

Endorsed. I strongly believe that the PiT/HappyWarrior ticket will bring the active and vibrant executive office necessary to begin a "great awakening" in Atlasia.

PiT,

HappyWarrior was not your fist choice. How do you feel about not have Purple State for your running mate?
Also i hear that all you want to do for your term is just pass a bill. What bills would you like to pass?

As I was committed to serving a full term in the Senate, I was one of the main architects behind the choice of HappyWarrior. As such, PiT, HW and I are more than happy with the way in which this ticket took shape. I look forward to working with both of them when these two vigilant Senators are elected to President and Vice President.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

And what function does HW serve on this ticket outside "token DA member?" I hardly see the similarities between these two. (HW doesn't really care about social issues and PiT is no economic centrist.)

If I may speak from what I am aware of, PiT and HappyWarrior have come together to form an "Atasia First" ticket, focused less on ideological differences and more on reforming the nation. It is more than just a "token DA" VP choice; it is a commitment to resolve certain ideological debates and allow these two parties to come together for the betterment of Atlasia.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »

Again, as the point person heading all DA campaigns for the June elections, I can tell you there would not be such high-up DA support unless we knew PiT and the RPP were committed to working side-by-side with HappyWarrior and the DA to move past partisan and extremist bickering and work to improve the game as a whole.

And I believe I speak on behalf of the campaign when I invite yourself, Marokai, and the JCP to work with this coalition in ensuring the success of this progressive, pro-Atlasian agenda.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »

If you are in such a spirit of honesty Marokai, let us truly examine the situation at hand.

Atlasia is in a state of utter disrepair. Blatant inactivity and zombie voting has crippled the ability of the game to advance and move forward in a productive or fun manner. Voters have realized this and entrusted a Constitutional Convention to reinvent the basic pillars of Atlasia. However, such actions take time. The Convention is not a be-all-end-all of the solution. Perhaps the greatest struggle which we see now is the inactivity of the JCP-controlled Executive branch. Our current President rarely makes public statements or appearances, instead opting to continue with an inactive Game Moderator and less than perfect SoFA.

The citizens spoke loud and clear in the last election, when a record turnout provided the centrist, progressive-minded DA with major gains in the Senate, while the JCP and RPP lost major players in their agenda. However, rather than attempt to push a strong, unilateral DA platform, our party agreed to look to the other Atlasian parties to promote an united front to solve the problems that confront us. This offer was not limited to PiT and the RPP. Similar outreach was extended to Lief and the JCP. The unwillingness of your party to work together with the DA, to even reply, is reminiscent of the agenda thus far promoted by your party. I would be happy to continue this conversation in private with you Marokai.

As such, I fully support this joint RPP/DA ticket of PiT and HappyWarrior; however, this should not signal the exclusion of any joint initiatives with the JCP, nor does it diminish the likelihood of appointments of JCP members to prominent offices. This ticket is meant to be a sign of inclusion and unity. As such, I invite the JCP and its members to join us in the promotion of this ticket and to move forward to give Atlasia a brighter future.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

The citizens spoke loud and clear in the last election, when a record turnout provided the centrist, progressive-minded DA with major gains in the Senate, while the JCP and RPP lost major players in their agenda. However, rather than attempt to push a strong, unilateral DA platform, our party agreed to look to the other Atlasian parties to promote an united front to solve the problems that confront us. This offer was not limited to PiT and the RPP. Similar outreach was extended to Lief and the JCP. The unwillingness of your party to work together with the DA, to even reply, is reminiscent of the agenda thus far promoted by your party. I would be happy to continue this conversation in private with you Marokai.

Please quit making stuff up.

Thank you for providing such a meaningful and in-depth rebuttal. PM me if you would like clarification, but you may speak to Lief yourself. I assure you he received a message from me; one that he did not bother to respond to.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 05:13:34 PM »

Thank you for providing such a meaningful and in-depth rebuttal. PM me if you would like clarification, but you may speak to Lief yourself. I assure you he received a message from me; one that he did not bother to respond to.

I was referring to your grandiose claims of epic victory in the last Senate election.

I'm not allowed a little "rally the troops" rhetoric every now and then? Please, nit-picking my chosen oratory style won't help your campaign, nor does it belong in this thread.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »

I was referring to your grandiose claims of epic victory in the last Senate election.

I'm not allowed a little "rally the troops" rhetoric every now and then? Please, nit-picking my chosen oratory style won't help your campaign, nor does it belong in this thread.

It's not "rally the troops" rhetoric, it's blatant lying.

So your major problem is with the first sentence in that paragraph. That's all? Because it is pretty truthful. There was record turnout, the DA gained a lot and the JCP and RPP each lost major players in the Senate (Lief and SPC).

Where are the lies, sir? Give me proof. Otherwise, I am finished with this discussion. Your attempts and those of the JCP mudslingers will fail if the best you have is issues with my choice of phraseology.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »

Bgwah, I will be replying to you through PM as I no longer wish for our little tiff to continue to disrupt this campaign thread.

Thank you, PS!  It is this kind of petty bickering that turns people off and drives them away.

Roll Eyes

Please, reply to my PM if you want to trash talk. The campaign thread is not for this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »

Enough of this. It is finished. No one reply to any of this anymore. I have taken care of it and it does not need to take up any additional space in this campaign. Let this be the final post on the matter.

Go PiT/Happy!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »

shouldn't you guys make a bill about pay.
*a female will make the same as a man does for the same work.
*if a female is qualified more than the man, then she should be hired instead of the man. Even though she is a female.

Do you guys have that one?

There already exists legislation passed that would ban any workplace discrimination. I actually was the one that proposed that legislation, link.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

so people can be racist and be blatantly sexist because of this right?

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

so people can be racist and be blatantly sexist because of this right?

People should have the freedom to say what they want on TV without being attacked by the government. If they make racist or sexist comments, I have faith that the public's condemnation would punish them sufficiently for their intolerant attitude.
hmm I don't support that. Simply because people will  sometimes kill someone who says that. and since the government will abstain then they might feel that it is in their hands to care care of. either the human way or the violent way.

*face palm*
that was pointless.

I may not agree with the ticket's view on censorship, but your reasoning is simply... *face palm*
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »

ok what if their is a comedian that insults china. And they make war on us. Are you ready for that?

Are you serious? Or just being a joke poster? Are you saying comedians should not be able to poke fun at foreign nations? Or make racy or insulting jokes? You're advocating more censorship than we currently have.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »

Hmm, we may now thoroughly dismiss the notion that anything DC_united says is intelligent (or intelligible) .
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »

Senator PiT and myself would like to state our opposition to Senator Purple State's recently introduced Federal Libel and Slander Penalization Act due to the simple idea that it regulates Atlasians right to free speech.  It is up to the reader of a post to determine for themselves what they do and don't believe.  Often the "truth" of a subject is open to interpretation and may be used for political purposes.  This is why I was againest this legislation when it was brought up in my own region.  Though it was passed in the Mideast I hope that we can ensure that it does not become national law.  Thank you all for your time.  Good night.

Can't agree on everything. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »

*Applauds from the the front row*

*Is quickly shuffled off into a black SUV by Atlasian Security Services*
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »

I thank the candidates for releasing their platform.

These are mainly issues that we agree the most strongly on or are most interested in advocating during our term. It is not a complete synopsis of our positions on all issues (which would be difficult since we also disagree on many issues).

In that case, please post the remainder of your positions (they are of greater interest to me as you head the ticket).

You should probably be more specific with your questions, as in what topics interest you (there are an infinite number). But they made it quite clear that these are the topics they will most strongly press in their agenda as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »

Congrats on a hard fought campaign you two. With the controversy over certain votes the race is too close to call, but I am rooting for your ticket and congratulate you on a job well done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies