PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:14:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PiT/HappyWarrior for President June '09  (Read 44662 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »

For one, I want to help push legislation to increase voter activity & enact other forms of forum affairs reform. I must say I was inspired to do so not too long ago. I knew that I had some idea that things needed fixing, but I really didn't know how exactly to do it. However, the recent involvement & contribution of several newbies, most recently Vepres, made me realize that maybe a more active voter base in Atlasia is not a pipe dream.

Indeed, it's not lack of interest (in my humble, newbish opinion) that is decreasing the number of active newbies and the activity of veterans, but the system and those that run it. The constitutional convention is a good step, as would be your proposal for minimum GM activity. Most importantly though is that we have active and enthusiastic leaders who actively recruit newbies. Indeed, Senator Pit himself got me into Atlasia. I was overwhelmed when I first read through the forum, but once I learned that the members were open to newbies joining (I more inferred this because Senator Pit asked me to join) I hopped right on. Cheesy While I won't go so far as to declare my support for you, I will say that you have an excellent vision for the future of Atlasia.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

how come just the rpp? why not all people who join?

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?

I think any candidate for any office needs to think like they will win, so they can be adequately prepared to assume the office should they win.
hmm maybe not. Or if that is your mind set you might want to keep it in your head.

It's a good mindset for many reasons:

1. As Senator Pit stated, a presidential candidate must assume they will win, so that they are prepared to assume office should they win.

2. The "inevitability", so to speak, of the rhetoric  fires up the base.

3. I think it may sub-consciously affect voters. If one candidate has the "I will win" mindset, but the other doesn't, voters might start to view the one with the mindset as inevitable, and drift towards him/her.

4. It makes the candidate seem strong and sure of themselves, instead of weak and lacking confidence.

Besides, it's subtle, and every candidate does it, so why whine about it?  
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »

how come just the rpp? why not all people who join?

I was acting in my capacity as party vice-chairman. As such, I aimed to recruit people who I believed to be most likely to join the RPP to give us a partisan advantage. I would however like to see a strong uptick in activity amongst all Atlasians. I also will govern as the President of all Atlasia. I believe that I can differentiate between my roles as a party boss & as a politician.
why do you think you will become prez so soon? We have time b4 the elections you know. Do you think you have this in the basket?

I think any candidate for any office needs to think like they will win, so they can be adequately prepared to assume the office should they win.
hmm maybe not. Or if that is your mind set you might want to keep it in your head.

It's a good mindset for many reasons:

1. As Senator Pit stated, a presidential candidate must assume they will win, so that they are prepared to assume office should they win.

2. The "inevitability", so to speak, of the rhetoric  fires up the base.

3. I think it may sub-consciously affect voters. If one candidate has the "I will win" mindset, but the other doesn't, voters might start to view the one with the mindset as inevitable, and drift towards him/her.

4. It makes the candidate seem strong and sure of themselves, instead of weak and lacking confidence.

Besides, it's subtle, and every candidate does it, so why whine about it?  

It was also subconscious on my part. I didn't really press the point that it is good to do just because it was something that I was doing naturally.

Yeah, it was probably sub-conscious because most candidates in real life speak that way as well.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »

Getting back on track, I'd like to post our ticket's position on a couple of issues that are important at the moment:

Media Regulation

We oppose any regulation of the media as an attack on the fundamental freedoms of speech and the press.

Energy

We support new funding for the research of efficient, clean renewable energy sources. We also believe in building more nuclear plants in the meantime to help pick up the slack.

Very reasonable positions that will benefit Atlasia. Good luck PiT/Happy!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »

How do you think we should handle entitlement reform?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »

I would like to publically apologize for what occurred earlier tonight. It was the product of an outburst of indignation over an injustice (real or imagined, I shall never know) & the indiscretion of youth.

If any citizen of Atlasia feels less inclined to support me for President, I will completely understand. After all, by doing what I did, I undermined some of the trust that forms the foundation of fun elections in Atlasia. As such, I ask for the forgiveness of all citizens of Atlasia, & I sincerely hope that nobody's political career is adversely affected by tonight's events.

If you elect me President, I will trust in my advisors & in the good people of the Senate to make sure that I never take action in a brash manner. I will work hard to remain in control of my own faculties, but a certain amount of irrational behavior comes with youth. Again though, if you cannot trust me I will not hold it against anyone.

To conclude, I hope that this is something that we can put in the past. I'm deeply sorry that this happened at all, & I hope that this is not something that permanently stains Atlasia in anyway.

Brilliant, a moving speech. Cry     

Senator, I don't know about others, but I still support you. You cannot judge somebody based on one mere lapse of judgment, especially given the alternatives in this race.

Good luck, I hope you can "weather the storm", so to speak.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies