Political Party Definition Amendment (Debate Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:09:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Political Party Definition Amendment (Debate Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Party Definition Amendment (Debate Open)  (Read 9895 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: August 31, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

I am against this bill.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »

Abstain

----

On a side note I need someone to convince me that this won't give the parties too much power. What happens if a party gets a majority in the senate and uses this legislation to discriminate against the other rival parties?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »

On a side note I need someone to convince me that this won't give the parties too much power. What happens if a party gets a majority in the senate and uses this legislation to discriminate against the other rival parties?

Atlasian parties aren't coherent enough to do that.

Also it's entirely possible to do that right now too. By giving your party, which has over 5 members, benefits and support. The problem is this would never happen in Atlasia, parties are too weak, people would get pissed and leave the game, rebellions/revolts, and the like. Just like any game the players can always walk away if someone tries to cheat, that's really not possible in a normal nation.
I think this is simply a plot for you to grab power. As such I am going into old, paranoid man mode.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »

nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies