What will be the closest senate race this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:23:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What will be the closest senate race this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What will be the closest senate race this year?  (Read 6220 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »

How is asking what races will be the closest this year spamming?
Because this is about the 5th thread you've created in the last few days discussing your pipedream that Dole is going to lose.  Weren't you going to leave?  That one day was really great, intelligence reigned supreme on this forum

No it did, because you are still on the forum. Also I didn't make this for that reason. The fact is I said the senate race in NC will get closer as the election goes on, every one said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. Now the polls show it is a close race. I guess I was right.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 09:29:11 AM »

Because this is about the 5th thread you've created in the last few days discussing your pipedream that Dole is going to lose.  Weren't you going to leave?  That one day was really great, intelligence reigned supreme on this forum

No it did, because you are still on the forum. Also I didn't make this for that reason. The fact is I said the senate race in NC will get closer as the election goes on, every one said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. Now the polls show it is a close race. I guess I was right.
No, your not right.  These polls are just as irrelevant as the ones before.  Are you that ignorant or just blind to the facts?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

No, your not right.  These polls are just as irrelevant as the ones before.  Are you that ignorant or just blind to the facts?

So when are the poll relevant? When they show what you want to see?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:02 AM »

Right now, none of the races really look all that skin tight to me. The GOP will drop Alaska, Virginia, NH, Colorado and NM, and all will be by more than 3% margins, is my guess as what is most likely. I expect Coleman and Smith to win by more than a 3% margin and Dole too, except if she doesn't. The Mississippi seat is almost certainly going GOP by more than a 3% margin, unless Wicker makes a big mistake.

In all seriousness, based on what we have right now, I tend to agree with this.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »

No, but would be your outlook.  There not relevant until late September, early October at the least
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »

No, but would be your outlook.  There not relevant until late September, early October at the least

Ok, that fair. But if the polls stay it is close then, will you say I was right?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

Ok, that fair. But if the polls stay it is close then, will you say I was right?
No, if the election is that close it still doesn't mean you were necessarily right.  Your wishful thinking would have paid off.  Its kind of like my saying the rapture is coming in October and then it does, I had no way of knowing that I just hoped for it
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies