Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:45:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wow, Hillary just plunged the convention into CHAOS!  (Read 15421 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »

Wow, what a disaster! Did you just see how Obama barely got a majority of the votes? Remember when those Hillary delegates staged that massive walkout? This uconvention is in extreme disarray and disunity!

We should've listened to J. J.!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »

It looks like the Hillary people are rolling a large portly man by his belly... he is going across the convention floor toward a crowd of Obama kids.... Slam! They went down like bowling pins!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

Wow, what a disaster! Did you just see how Obama barely got a majority of the votes? Remember when those Hillary delegates staged that massive walkout? This uconvention is in extreme disarray and disunity!

They just made a very big mistake.  Obama will not get the PUMAs.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »

They just made a very big mistake.  Obama will not get the PUMAs.

I hope your predictions are as right as they were before. I just went on Hillaryis44.com and I read on how many people were posting. There was about 20 people posting a huge amount. I expect they, like the PUMA's, are really a smaller group of baby's than we think they are.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »

I do think it is interesting how Pelosi quickly went from "All those that oppose the [voice vote]?" and went quickly into "2/3 have accepted the motion" ... never giving a chance for any "no's" to be heard.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »

I do think it is interesting how Pelosi quickly went from "All those that oppose the [voice vote]?" and went quickly into "2/3 have accepted the motion" ... never giving a chance for any "no's" to be heard.

They did that every time they asked for a acclamation vote. Including procedural matters...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 06:59:38 PM »

[/quote]

They did that every time they asked for a acclamation vote. Including procedural matters...

But this time, they noticed.  Not good.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »

Well, given all the "chaos," I think the prudent thing to do, is call the balance of the convention off. Obama can fax the speech he was to give to the media, and Sean Hannity can read it on the air for us all. How does that sound?

By the way, I would be happy to read Bill Clinton's speech for him. I like his speeches.  I could do that on Olberman's show. I will pretend to be a Democrat. He won't be any the wiser, unless someone here rats me out.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

They always do that, like in the Senate/House, but even my Dem. roommate said something about that, and I don't think she should've said it quite that quickly.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:06:12 PM »

Well, given all the "chaos," I think the prudent thing to do, is call the balance of the convention off. Obama can fax the speech he was to give to the media, and Sean Hannity can read it on the air for us all. How does that sound?

By the way, I would be happy to read Bill Clinton's speech for him. I like his speeches.  I could do that on Olberman's show. I will pretend to be a Democrat. He won't be any the wiser, unless someone here rats me out.

The damage has already been done, far away from the convention floor.  

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »

They always do that, like in the Senate/House, but even my Dem. roommate said something about that, and I don't think she should've said it quite that quickly.

A technical violation of the rules, but the PR is the problem.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »

J.J. you are so funny.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »

No, BRTD is, because he doesn't see it.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »

I don't see how this is bad, in fact this is very good for Obama. Just watch him pull away and stay ahead.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »

I don't see how this is bad, in fact this is very good for Obama. Just watch him pull away and stay ahead.

He was suppose to do that this summer; he didn't.  Same with the VP (and Biden, while not great, was not terrible either).
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »

He was suppose to do that this summer; he didn't.  Same with the VP (and Biden, while not great, was not terrible either).

Just watch, when McSame loses badly in November. There is a movement that the polls don't pick up, and alot of people will be shocked on election day. McSame will not be able to keep up with Obama.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »

Just watch, when McSame loses badly in November. There is a movement that the polls don't pick up, and alot of people will be shocked on election day. McSame will not be able to keep up with Obama.

Much like the "victory" of John Kerry.  Oh, I forgot:

"Raymond Shaw Barack Obama is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »

"Raymond Shaw Barack Obama is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

John Kerry sucked and was a very bad pick for the Democrats. When swing voters step in that vote box they will see Obama vs McSame. They will think, Obama he talk about how he will change American, how he will take us on new path. Then they will see McSame and see that same views a Bush, how this past 8 years have been very bad. Then they will vote fore Obama, not McSame.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »

John Kerry sucked and was a very bad pick for the Democrats. When swing voters step in that vote box they will see Obama vs McSame. They will think, Obama he talk about how he will change American, how he will take us on new path. Then they will see McSame and see that same views a Bush, how this past 8 years have been very bad. Then they will vote fore Obama, not McSame.

God damn, just call him McCain.  We get that you think McCain is like Bush, but it can get annoying when you say "McSame" ten times in one sentence.

Grow up, would you?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »

God damn, just call him McCain.  We get that you think McCain is like Bush, but it can get annoying when you say "McSame" ten times in one sentence.

Grow up, would you?

I'm just calling him what he is, Bush's twin.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »

HYSTERIA

and I think I love it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »

Grow up, would you?

I'm just calling him what he is, Bush's twin.

Yeah, whatever.  Call him whatever you want.  In fact, you can call him f**cksame.

Grow the hell up - you aren't convincing anyone to vote for Obama, so what do you plan to accomplish?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »

Right now, Obama isn't, and he should have.  It's a new age with McCain; it's unknown with Obama.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »

What was JJ's quote, exactly?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »

It was just general.  I have said that basically not to let the delegates vote annoys the PUMA-types.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies