will mccain's choice for veep leak in the wee hours tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:50:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  will mccain's choice for veep leak in the wee hours tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: will mccain's choice for veep leak in the wee hours tonight?  (Read 1365 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:04 AM »

i say yes.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »

No
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:10:43 AM »

It may not if it looks like all of them are going to the rally tomorrow. I wish it would, though. I am hoping it's not Romney.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »

If walter's voting yes, then I'll vote no.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »

It may not if it looks like all of them are going to the rally tomorrow. I wish it would, though. I am hoping it's not Romney.

I like Romney personally, but I'm not sure he would please independents and the religious right.  I guess he's inevitable though, since Pawlenty is out.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »

Not for me because I'm going to bed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:14:10 AM »

I like Romney personally, but I'm not sure he would please independents and the religious right.  I guess he's inevitable though, since Pawlenty is out.

Pawlenty is out? I hope you're basing this purely on the fivethirtyeight reports ..
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

Pawlenty is out? I hope you're basing this purely on the fivethirtyeight reports ..

Yeah, I am.  There is a sliver of hope still out there, but I don't really think Pawlenty will be it.

I mean, McCain/Pawlenty?  Doesn't sound right.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »

It's got to, doesn't it? I mean, we'll know who's getting on a plane. At some point it gets physically impossible to deceive us.

At the very minimum we should be able to cross people off the list.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »

No, word will not leak out.

This is Obama's big day, and the McCain campaign has enough class to let him have his day.

The announcement will be made as scheduled on Friday during the day.
bkey
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: 2.96

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »

It's got to, doesn't it? I mean, we'll know who's getting on a plane. At some point it gets physically impossible to deceive us.

At the very minimum we should be able to cross people off the list.

Huckabee's officially off the list. Although, he was never on it to begin with.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »

No, word will not leak out.

This is Obama's big day, and the McCain campaign has enough class to let him have his day.

The announcement will be made as scheduled on Friday during the day.

you should be a high school principal, winfield.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »

Yeah, I am.  There is a sliver of hope still out there, but I don't really think Pawlenty will be it.

Well I won't put too much into that report. My choice is Tom Ridge assuming we don't get a surprise and Rudy is the VP!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »

It's Friday, August 29th right now.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »

Well I won't put too much into that report. My choice is Tom Ridge assuming we don't get a surprise and Rudy is the VP!

Sorry, but Rudy is already the Keynote speaker (please correct me if you were sarcastic, I'm very naive).  And I don't think McCain will choose Ridge solely on the basis that he is pro choice.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »

Sorry, but Rudy is already the Keynote speaker (please correct me if you were sarcastic, I'm very naive).  And I don't think McCain will choose Ridge solely on the basis that he is pro choice.

I was kidding .... I know my hero is the keynote speaker.

I just think Pawlenty is too nice and midwestern-like to be a decent VP, and Romney is greasy and flip floppy. Ridge would strong arm Biden.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »

I just think Pawlenty is too nice and midwestern-like to be a decent VP, and Romney is greasy and flip floppy. Ridge would strong arm Biden.

I agree, I just don't think McCain wants to mess with the religious right by choosing Ridge.  I'd be much more comfortable if Ridge flip-flopped on the issue, but I guess that would be a very obvious pander.

I really don't know what to think anymore.  I have mixed feelings about every VP candidate, especially Mitt Romney.  Personally, I'd enthusiastically support McCain with any decision he makes, but strategically I'm just not sure
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 12:43:57 AM »

I agree, I just don't think McCain wants to mess with the religious right by choosing Ridge.  I'd be much more comfortable if Ridge flip-flopped on the issue, but I guess that would be a very obvious pander.

I really don't know what to think anymore.  I have mixed feelings about every VP candidate, especially Mitt Romney.  Personally, I'd enthusiastically support McCain with any decision he makes, but strategically I'm just not sure

True. I doubt Romney would satisfy them either. The right will vote for McCain most likely to keep Obama out of office at this point. I'd hate to see McCain try to pander to them now. He needs to make the safest pick, but one he'd like to work with. Romney certainly doesn't fit that bill.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have to disagree - I think Romney would definitely help McCain out in economics.  As for their personal relationship, I really don't know, but I don't think that VPs have enough influence in the white house for that to be taken into too much consideration.

As for safest pick, the award goes to Pawlenty, but McCain is damn desperate to bring some constituencies to his side of the table.  He could really get a nice bounce among older women (the swing demographic) if someone like Hutchison or Palin is picked.  If that happens, it may effect some very close states.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »

I have to disagree - I think Romney would definitely help McCain out in economics.  As for their personal relationship, I really don't know, but I don't think that VPs have enough influence in the white house for that to be taken into too much consideration.

As for safest pick, the award goes to Pawlenty, but McCain is damn desperate to bring some constituencies to his side of the table.  He could really get a nice bounce among older women (the swing demographic) if someone like Hutchison or Palin is picked.  If that happens, it may effect some very close states.

Romney helps with money, economic knowledge, Mormon turnout, and satisfies some of the conservative base that fell in love with Romney once he dropped out. He also pisses off a lot of independents who otherwise would vote for McCain, and even sucks away some of the enthusiasm some Republicans have for McCain, like myself.

Pawlenty is the safest, but he might get eaten alive by Biden and his slicked back hair.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »

Romney helps with money, economic knowledge, Mormon turnout, and satisfies some of the conservative base that fell in love with Romney once he dropped out. He also pisses off a lot of independents who otherwise would vote for McCain, and even sucks away some of the enthusiasm some Republicans have for McCain, like myself.

Pawlenty is the safest, but he might get eaten alive by Biden and his slicked back hair.

Which reminds me.  Biden would sound like a damn jerk if he tries to hammer a female choice for VP.

Sorry for floating this out there, but we can't take away the female factor, correct? Tongue
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 01:03:40 AM »

I thought it has been leaking all day. Am I missing something?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »

Which reminds me.  Biden would sound like a damn jerk if he tries to hammer a female choice for VP.

Sorry for floating this out there, but we can't take away the female factor, correct? Tongue

Palin wouldn't be a horrible choice, but no one knows who she is. It could possibly help sway some of those hardcore Hillary supporters who still aren't satisfied after this week's convention. Plus, Biden would look like a jerk if he viciously attacked her.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »

It should break in time for the morning news programs.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 01:13:31 AM »

Palin wouldn't be a horrible choice, but no one knows who she is. It could possibly help sway some of those hardcore Hillary supporters who still aren't satisfied after this week's convention. Plus, Biden would look like a jerk if he viciously attacked her.

That's what I just said. Tongue  In any case, my conscience is rooting for Pawlenty, but my heart is rooting for Palin.  I know that was terribly phrased, but what to do. Grin

I guess we'll know after a short night's sleep who the VP is, so what's all this damn speculation about?!  We should all get lives, I'm serious. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies