Palin: Good or Bad Choice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin: Good or Bad Choice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go!
Palin will help McCain

Palin will hurt McCain

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Palin: Good or Bad Choice  (Read 28893 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: August 29, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »

Pardon my language, but I think we're phucked.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:54:39 AM »

Pardon my language, but I think we're phucked.

No, JS, you know I'm way more conservative than liberal but this choice truly concerns me.  Obiden can't be too unhappy.

See GM, you are thinking like an intelligent, informed American.  As usual.  But that's not how most people think.  Republicans have known this for years.  They know America wants a President you can have a beer with.  Not one who reads books.

This time, they are giving America a fairly boring number one.  And adding a number two that millions of Americans want to have much more than a beer with.  (Not to suggest Sarah isn't highly intelligent.  She is.  But that's not the part of her millions will vote for.)

But to your point -- I agree.  McCain is 72 and has a history with cancer.  She is the former mayor of a city of five thousand people. She is the first term governor of a state with about 600 thousand people. Idaho has almost twice as many.  

Compared to Obama-Biden...Obama will have had four years Senate experience, including stints on the foreign affairs and armed services committee.  Not a lot of experience.  But more than Palin.  And still, Obama's youth is no gaurantor against disaster.  He could die.  He could be assassinated.  So then Joe Biden looks like an infinitely better pick.

But you and I both now, it's no longer about who is best for America.  In either party.  It's about who wins the most votes.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »

Really? I have a hard time believing that the anti-choice, anti-gay, pro-gun, pro-war Republican men that make up the party's base love the idea of an inexperienced woman a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Then you don't know them.  

If abortive women (and/or the abortion providers) are thrown in prison...and gays aren't allowed to marry or have equal rights...they are perfectly content.  God will shower blessing on America.  That's all they care about.  (Speaking of the religious conservatives...not all Republicans.)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of such a sexy Vice President...and you know my attraction to older women.

Older? OLDER?HuhHuhHuhHuh

Go haunt a house!  ;-)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 10:23:28 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She has more than "the messiah".

No, she doesn't.  Not by a long shot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies